favorite george dubya quotes

The Dude

"You don't need to be smart to be president"

--Republican Congressman J.C. Watts - said at a February campaign appearance on Bush's behalf. Washington Post, 6/11/00

"Rarely is the question asked: is our children learning"

--Florence, SC, Jan. 11, 2000

"Actually, I -- this may sound a little West Texan to you, but I like it. When I'm talking about -- when I'm talking about myself, and when he's talking about myself, all of us are talking about me."

--Hardball, MSNBC, May 31, 2000

"It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it."

--Reuters, May 5, 2000

"Laura and I really don't realize how bright our children is sometime until we get an objective analysis."

--Meet the Press, April 15, 2000

"The fact that he relies on facts -- says things that are not factual -- are going to undermine his campaign."

--New York Times, March 4, 2000

"I understand small business growth. I was one."

--New York Daily News, Feb. 19, 2000

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

"If you're sick and tired of the politics of cynicism and polls and principles, come and join this campaign."

--Hilton Head, S.C., Feb. 16, 2000

"The most important job is not to be governor, or first lady in my case."

--Pella, Iowa, as quoted in the San Antonio Express News, Jan. 30, 2000"

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."

--At a South Carolina oyster roast; quoted in the Financial Times, Jan.14, 2000

"Keep good relations with the Grecians."

--Quoted in the Economist, June 12, 1999

"I don't remember debates. I don't think we spent a lot of time debating it. Maybe we did, but I don't remember."

--On discussing the Vietnam War as an undergraduate at Yale, in the Washington Post, July 27, 1999

"I did denounce it. I de-I denounced it. I denounced interracial dating. I denounced anti-Catholic bigacy... bigotry."

--Referring to his Bob Jones University visit and the subsequent criticism, Virginia, February 25, 2000

"I would have said yes to abortion if only it was right. I mean, yeah it's right. Well no it's not right that's why I said no to it."

--South Carolina, February 14,2000

"There ought to limits to freedom"

--at a Press conference at the Texas State House, May 21, 1999, referring to GWBush.com

"The reason we start a war is to fight a war, win a war, thereby causing no more war!"

--The first Presidential debate

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully"

--Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000

"It is clear our nation is reliant upon big foreign oil. More and more of our imports come from overseas."

--Beaverton, Ore., Sep. 25, 2000

and his most truthful quote:

"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier...just as long as I'm the dictator..."

--Washington, DC, Dec 18, 2000, during his first trip to Washington as President-Elect

• 3 weeks later...
Guest fr8lover

"There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee -- that says, fool me once, shame on -- shame on you. Fool me -- you can't get fooled again..."

Originally posted by fr8lover

"There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee -- that says, fool me once, shame on -- shame on you. Fool me -- you can't get fooled again..."

yea I posted that in the other thread... funny shit

check out the video of it:

dumbass

Archived