FAT TAX

Kettiecat

Have any of you heard the debate on issuing a “fat tax”

I’ve read several versions mostly concerning taxing certain junk foods such as candy bars, burgers, cup cakes.

I really don’t think something like this will ever pass in America, because 60 some percent of the people are over weight. Nonetheless I am in favor of a fat tax. Not one that taxes certain foods, because you could become obese overeating so called healthy foods. I think they should tax people on their percentage of body fat. If you go above or below a certain percentage you are put in a higher tax bracket.

Reasons why I think this is a good idea. Our country spends billions of dollars each year on obesity related illnesses. The bottom line to most Americans is their wallet. But most importantly I live in the fattest state in the union and I HATE LOOKING AT FAT PEOPLE and anorexic girls for that matter.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i was in the grocery store the other day and this 20-something obese, not fat, obese, girl was eating a RAW FUCKING HOT DOG!

After my stomach settled itself, all i could do was shake my head and wonder when her heart attack would hit.

Hell yes fat people should be charged extra somehow. They put an unnecessary burden on the health care system.

Originally posted by Kettiecat

I think they should tax people on their percentage of body fat. If you go above or below a certain percentage you are put in a higher tax bracket.

most importantly I live in the fattest state in the union and I HATE LOOKING AT FAT PEOPLE and anorexic girls for that matter.

youre an idiot.

Oh ..

being from north of the border, health care is pretty much a "don't think about it" sort of thing. but that just makes my earlier point, the people who never use the health system are indirectly paying for all the fatties/ smokers/ etc., through taxes.

ps. there is a difference between being big and being a burden on the system.

I'm not talking about people who are 10 pounds overwieght, I'm talking about obese people.

I'm sorry for 90% of obese people just lack the will or self control. There are programs that work to maintain "healthy" body wieghts. I understand that their are certain people with crazy medical complications that don't allow them to be at a healthy body fat ratio level. They are not the majority. Most americans are fat because they eat too much of the wrong types of foods.

but if you taxed people on body weight percent or whatever you would have to take into consideration the size of people too as in height, not everyone is the same height, and youd have to set up an age when it goes into effect and the age in which it is no longer neccessary. its all too complicated and is a bad idea all together. thumbs down.:nope:

Originally posted by E MARTYR

how about you show us your fat cat?

:eek:

exactly, leave the thought related stuff to someone else.

on the subject at hand, the only way that tax dollars go towards fat people, at least the only way i can think of, is the welfare version of medicare, i think it's called medicaid collectively, and each state has their own name for it, for example here it's called the oregon health plan. i would rather that program be cut out, than taxes made to support it. basically, fat people would have to carry their own weight.

Originally posted by MLTf4nt0m

but in no way should we have to pay for it, but also some have obesity in there genes apparently. so some cant help it

thats a slippery slope arguement there mr.

every part of you, from the way you act to how what you eat effects you is "influenced" by genes...but you are still responsible.

i have part time jobs when i need them otherwise I'm just a psych student

Originally posted by Kettiecat

I think they should tax people on their percentage of body fat. If you go above or below a certain percentage you are put in a higher tax bracket.

This is completely ridiculous. Pushing your version of the ideal body through taxation? Are you actually reading what you type?

If you take a walk i'll tax your feet...

Ever look at the nutrition facts of the cheapest food at the supermarket? It's all fat, salt, and sugar. Combine this with the fact that most crappy, low paying jobs are sedentary (however you spell it) and we have cars to go everywhere and it becomes pretty damn easy to get fat.

Also, some people just have faster metabolisms than other people. I'm about 195 pounds, i could probably stand to lose about 10-15 of 'em. I haven't eaten beef or pork in 3 years and eat fast food maybe once every 2 months.

My twin brother, on the other hand, is something like 170 and actually lost 15 pounds in 3 days when he got sick. Every day he eats fries, 2 cheeseburgers, and soda at lunch, then gets a candy bar.

The point i'm getting at is that some people are just naturally skinnier than others. Other people have psychological problems around food. Taxing people for that would be unfair and wrong.

as when said... do you even work??

I mean..people who work for a living pay enough fuckin taxes..and theyre gonna start paying MORE because theyre fat??.. gimme a fuckin break.. If people wanna be fat, let them. It's not your business what anyone does with their bodies..regardless if you want to look at them or not. Shallow Whore.

that's what i wanna know..

i pay enough(so does everyone that works) in fuckin taxes every year... I should be able to eat as much or as little as i fuckin want without having to pay MORE taxes.

I know.. maybe we should just put all the fat people in a gas chamber and kill em.. because being fat should be a crime.:rolleyes: