1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

FAT TAX

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Kettiecat, Feb 23, 2004.

1. Kettiecat

Kettiecat 12oz Senior Member

FAT TAX

Discussion started by Kettiecat - Feb 23, 2004

Have any of you heard the debate on issuing a “fat tax”

I’ve read several versions mostly concerning taxing certain junk foods such as candy bars, burgers, cup cakes.

I really don’t think something like this will ever pass in America, because 60 some percent of the people are over weight. Nonetheless I am in favor of a fat tax. Not one that taxes certain foods, because you could become obese overeating so called healthy foods. I think they should tax people on their percentage of body fat. If you go above or below a certain percentage you are put in a higher tax bracket.

Reasons why I think this is a good idea. Our country spends billions of dollars each year on obesity related illnesses. The bottom line to most Americans is their wallet. But most importantly I live in the fattest state in the union and I HATE LOOKING AT FAT PEOPLE and anorexic girls for that matter.

Kettiecat - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  2. effyoo

effyoo 12oz Elite Member

effyoo - Replied Feb 23, 2004

i was in the grocery store the other day and this 20-something obese, not fat, obese, girl was eating a RAW FUCKING HOT DOG!

After my stomach settled itself, all i could do was shake my head and wonder when her heart attack would hit.

Hell yes fat people should be charged extra somehow. They put an unnecessary burden on the health care system.

effyoo - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  3. AORAone

AORAone 12oz Veteran Member

AORAone - Replied Feb 23, 2004

well, the our country spends uber amounts of cash on people with handicaps and so on, i guess obesity would be a handicap, should the disabled be taxed extra too, thats just wrong but whatever, my opinion

AORAone - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  4. When

When 12oz Loyalist

When - Replied Feb 23, 2004

youre an idiot.

When - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  5. effyoo

effyoo 12oz Elite Member

effyoo - Replied Feb 23, 2004

Oh ..

being from north of the border, health care is pretty much a "don't think about it" sort of thing. but that just makes my earlier point, the people who never use the health system are indirectly paying for all the fatties/ smokers/ etc., through taxes.

ps. there is a difference between being big and being a burden on the system.

effyoo - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  6. Kettiecat

Kettiecat - Replied Feb 23, 2004

I'm not talking about people who are 10 pounds overwieght, I'm talking about obese people.

I'm sorry for 90% of obese people just lack the will or self control. There are programs that work to maintain "healthy" body wieghts. I understand that their are certain people with crazy medical complications that don't allow them to be at a healthy body fat ratio level. They are not the majority. Most americans are fat because they eat too much of the wrong types of foods.

7. AORAone

but if you taxed people on body weight percent or whatever you would have to take into consideration the size of people too as in height, not everyone is the same height, and youd have to set up an age when it goes into effect and the age in which it is no longer neccessary. its all too complicated and is a bad idea all together. thumbs down.:nope:

8. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

Dick Quickwood - Replied Feb 23, 2004

exactly, leave the thought related stuff to someone else.

on the subject at hand, the only way that tax dollars go towards fat people, at least the only way i can think of, is the welfare version of medicare, i think it's called medicaid collectively, and each state has their own name for it, for example here it's called the oregon health plan. i would rather that program be cut out, than taxes made to support it. basically, fat people would have to carry their own weight.

Dick Quickwood - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  9. AORAone

^^^:lol: :lol: :lol: ^^^

pun intended?

10. Kettiecat

"Recent reports estimate that obesity prevalence costs Americans over $238 billion in health care.

Obesity rates... are doubling every 5-10 years in many parts of the world...."

- World Health Organization

11. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

Dick Quickwood - Replied Feb 23, 2004

< guilty of intent, in the hilarious degree

Dick Quickwood - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  12. AORAone

but in no way should we have to pay for it, but also some have obesity in there genes apparently. so some cant help it

13. When

When 12oz Loyalist

When - Replied Feb 23, 2004

word. fuck our fellow man
    do you even work kettie?

When - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  14. Kettiecat

thats a slippery slope arguement there mr.

every part of you, from the way you act to how what you eat effects you is "influenced" by genes...but you are still responsible.

i have part time jobs when i need them otherwise I'm just a psych student

15. Pfffffffffft

Pfffffffffft Moderator Crew

Pfffffffffft - Replied Feb 23, 2004

YAAAAY FOR THE FAT TAX!!!!!

YAAAY!!!!!

Pfffffffffft - Rank: Moderator Crew - Messages: