Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

fashion photo shoot

Discussion in 'Art & Design' started by Mike Panic, Nov 29, 2004.

1. Mike Panic

Mike Panic New Jack

i did this shoot back in sept and finally got around to editing the photos about a week ago

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this one i have since edited again making it an 8x10 aspect ratio (as opposed to an 8x12 which it is here) to crop out the cars to the left of the image
    [​IMG]

the rest from the series can be seen here: http://www.mikepanic.com/photos/09-17-2004...y_mens_clothing

all shot on canon eos 10d, most w/ a 50mm f/1.8 lens, some w/ a 28-200 f/3.5-5.6, show in RAW format then converted to 8bit tiff files and color corrected and unsharp mask in photoshop cs

thoughts/opinions/critique?

2. I hate to be an unartistic bastard but i cant help it...all i wanna know is about the girls, did you bone her? how does it feel to have the hotness incrnated in your face and you must concentrate on work...still, if you got some semi voyerism flicks from the shootings, POST THEM, if not...i'm disapointed

3. And to be artistic at the same time. I kinda like them, The first one has much potential i guess...your style aint exactly the 'pro' fashion style with the killer details and stuff so i guess you're pushing it into a more candit feeling which i always digged in fashion..shit i think juergen teller is my fav photographer when it comes to stylising the shit out of the hottest 'next door' girls under the 'i just woke up in my sisley panties looking so hot i'm giving you migranes and boners, haha, dude is dope.

I like the second one to but i'd say its a bit more cliche in general and i aint feeling the third one that much...above all, she looks fine and in the end that what maybe matters the most to an audience that dont actually want to buy the product.

4. Al Green

Al Green Veteran Member

i have to be honest..

i dont think theyre that good.

theyre just not that interesting.. the girl is pretty..

but.. ...fashion fotos... usually have some focus.. "SOME...to style and fashion."

you obviously have access to pretty girls.. but find someone who has some good clothes.. or new clothes they have designed..make a narrative or situation ...relating to or ..contrasting with.. etc.. the clothing.. and do a shoot.

so basically.. befriend a stylist and apparel designer.. to form like voltron.

5. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

1.the books and stuff in the background kind of detract and give a cluttered feel, which is easily ignored by focusing on the girl, but still, it should be avoided in the future if possible.

2.you should really touch up your girls acne. the 'healing brush' does wonders for shit like that. also, why exactly is she using a mirror to put her lip gloss on, but closing her eyes while she does it as if the tiny wand is a lucious little dick? it's a 'hot' picture that's ruined by the contrived look of it. it's not 'natural'.

3.if that were a little spanish villa or something, i'd be all about it, but even with the cars cropped out, you still have a big construction site behind her, which is not so sexy. also. the flower is blocking a little too much of her face. i'd like to see her smile. again, it looks way too contrived as well.

how do you do shots like this and not have them look contrived? i dont know. it's a pain in the ass and you just have to get lucky. it all depends on the girl i guess. either she has to be so hot that you dont care, or she has to move in a manner that even when following directions, she does it very naturally.

tesser, i was going to correct your grammar, but then decided i didnt care very much. viva la hot girls.

6. Mike Panic

Mike Panic New Jack

thanks so far for the honest feedback

in regards to her acne - im aware of the healing brush and will be using it should i make prints - these for the most part were batch proccessed from RAW files to TIFF then to jpeg all w/ actions in photoshop to help speed things up

i probably mis-titled this as well, as its not so much "fashion" persay - but the original goal was for her to wear seductive undgergarments w/ mens clothes overtop

also in regards to her applying lip gloss - you'd be surprised how many woman actually do use a mirror to put it on - her eyes only appear closed - shes actually looking into the mirror

i also don't see much wrong w/ the construction scene in the first shot - its out of focus (on purpose) and if anything, adds a lil character to it

it was shot in center city philly - there aren't too many places there that are free and clear of construction

in any event... im always open to hear more

7. Bob Ross

Bob Ross New Jack

I agree with al green. also, the lighting indoors could be a lot better. a back light behind the girl in the black and white would make her pop a bit more.

8. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

i went to vietnam once. it was beautiful.