Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

FAMILY GUY

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by El Mikinbin De Miami, Feb 27, 2006.

1. El Mikinbin De Miami

El Mikinbin De Miami Member

At 1st a few years ago when I 1st saw it I thought, these guys are just BITING the Simpsons pretty hard. But now, after watching pretty much EVERY episode, this show is Officially way better. Waaay more edgy...
    I think they and the SImpsons have some BEEF going back and fourth..

In 1 Family Guy episode, they imitated the intro of the Simpsons, but with Stewey running Homer over on a Big Wheel against the door. Then Peter comes out and and says, "Hey, who the hell is that guy?"

Bout 3 weeks later, the SImpsons strike back when somebody is looking thru a dictionary and there's a picture of Peter Griffin and under it, it says, "Plaigarismo"...and a picture of the American Dad guy with "Plaigarismo de Plaigarismo." under it...Can the best show on all of tv be a cartoon???

Attached Files:

2. El Mikinbin De Miami

he's a dolfan

Attached Files:

3. mr.yuck

mr.yuck Veteran Member

The only way that family guy will be better is if it can stand the test of time. Is family guy better than the simpsons now? Yeah. Better than the simpsons a few years ago? Nah.

4. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

The first seasons, before they got cancelled, was great, but at this point, the show seems like tis trying way to hard to be funny. Simpsons, I think WAS funny, at this point, its just played out, like they cant let a good thing go.

Futurama is the shit though.

5. El Mikinbin De Miami

This is true..RIght now, Family GUy makes me LAAAUGH hard as FUCK every time...SOmetimes the simpsons seem like they've reaaally toned it down alot..They need to go back to what made them famous. If Family Guy continues, they will overtake the Simpsons..But 20 years running....whoah..

6. Tough Love

Tough Love Senior Member

hmmmm we;ll see how they are when they run as long as the simpsons have run now

7. Mainter

Mainter Veteran Member

yeah you try to come up with brand new ideas for 20 years family guy is a great show but i do not think they wlll stand the test of time as well as the simpsons have

8. mr.yuck

mr.yuck Veteran Member

Im convinced that the writers of family guy are pot heads. I mean... When I used to smoke, I know I would go off on tangents like "man it would be funny if.......hahahahahaha" Im sure they do the same thing and just put it into a cartoon. A lot of the shit in there doesnt have anything to do with anything.

9. mackfatsoe

mackfatsoe Veteran Member

Simpsons is on the rise again, Ive been catching some really funny episodes recently.

10. gasfacevictm

gasfacevictm 12oz Loyalist

that show is lost man. simpsons shoulda quit while they were ahead.

11. MAR

MAR Veteran Member

american dad is what family guy was. It started out kinda weak but now its funny as hell. Last nights episode had me laughing for hours.

12. Mainter

Mainter Veteran Member

bonbardment,bonbardment,bonbardment :haha:
    nelson: hit me all you want, im drunk

13. Mainter

Mainter Veteran Member

you know what i have not seen on the simpsons for the longest is itchy and scratchy

14. Mainter

Mainter Veteran Member

copy paste what what the hell

The Simpsons" took a shot at fellow Fox cartoon "Family Guy." So that series' creator is taking a shot right back.

Seth MacFarlane said an episode of "The Simpsons" where a Homer Simpson clone was identified as "Family Guy" dad Peter Griffin was "definitely a slam."

But since the "Family Guy" team dishes out plenty of its own insults, it should be able to take some, MacFarlane told Blender magazine.

"To me, Peter is much more similar to Ralph Kramden than he is to Homer, right down to his voice," he said, referring to the character from "The Honeymooners.""That's what I see. But because `The Simpsons' and `Family Guy' are really the only two shows of their kind of television, there'll be comparisons made."

MacFarlane said he was definitely influenced by "The Simpsons."

"I mean, in its prime, it was one of the greatest comedy shows of all time," he said. "But it's not the show it was. It can't be. You can't do 16 seasons and be consistent."

15. Mainter

Mainter Veteran Member