Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

FALL OUT BOY VS. NIRVANA

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Suicide Bomber, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Suicide Bomber

Suicide Bomber Member

Me and my bud have bin arguing about this for some time... i personally chose nirvana cause there 785727824872762696976279676091608607176976796791076 times better then fall out boy but thats just me...

2. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

3. ballstothewall

ballstothewall Junior Member

i have never liked kurts guitar work or his lyrics. although he had a very high influence on a lot of grunge bands, i still prefer fall out boys crafty pop hooks and catchy emo lyrics. I cant compare them based on talent, but i much prefer fall out boy. dave grohl is a different topic though, hes a great all around musican on any instrument he plays: drums, guitar, bass, vocals, plus hes doing amazingly well in the foo fighters with sunny day real estates ex bassist nate mendal, a fantastic bass player. Sunny day being one of my all time favorite bands, its great that mendel and grohl can work together, especially with daves song writing skills.

i go with fall out boy.

4. fatalist

fatalist Dirty Dozen Crew

5. defyoner

defyoner Elite Member

UGHHH...

ok. Fallout Boy. created as a joke band to get indie rock girls. the guitarist and the bassist were in an AMAZING AMAZING band prior to fallout boy. they were are all decent or good chicago hardcore bands before fallout boy. they cant play their instruments in fall out boy. a friend of my friend recorded their album and had to play the guitar for them on a bunch of their tracks and drums on a few. they are not a good band if you have seen them live its obvious. all in all this band should not be considered as good ever. its a joke. that ended up blowing up and making them money. ill get the info on the previous bands they were in and you can check out what these guys are actually capable of. because fall out boy sucks.

6. Suicide Bomber

Suicide Bomber Member

^^^^THANK YOU!

And what would u expect from a heroin adicted grunger... and i love his lyrics personally... and i also despise emo with all my heart... anyways if u wanna hear the funniest song in the world find Fuck Emo by Cheap Sex... i guarantee u will laugh...

7. defyoner

defyoner Elite Member

no problem.

i just think that its rediculous that it made it as far as it did. and the fact that they couldnt play their own instruments for their own album. once Aids Is A Myth comes around these parts he'll break it down for you. since hes closely tied in to the loop of these such things.

8. 26SidedCube

26SidedCube Veteran Member

Seriously... fuck you. Is this some sort of dimwitted joke?

9. fermentor666

Nevermind is still an amazing album even 15 years after it was released. Fallout Boy is a Hot Topic marketing gimmick made for teeny-boppers.

10. fermentor666

The suckiest bunch of suck that ever sucked, how is this even an arguement? I can't begin to think about how shitty your friend's taste in music must be or else my head will explode. And shame on you for humoring him. And wasting my time with this ridiculousness.

11. Suicide Bomber

Suicide Bomber Member

if im wasting ur time why do u keap coming back to this thread? and i dont know maybe hes on crack or maybe hes just a gay emo kid... only god knows...

12. defyoner

defyoner Elite Member

13. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

Is this for serious?

14. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

suicide bomber go back to learning how to masturbate

15. fermentor666

Seriously, what are you, 13? How does one even begin to draw comparisions here? Were you standing in line at Hot Topic deciding whether or not to buy that "vintage" Nirvana shirt or the Fallout Boy knapsack?