Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

fahrenheit 911

Discussion in 'News' started by omar, Oct 22, 2004.

1. omar

omar Junior Member

this movie sucked. i mean i love the movies that micheal moore does, but this one i thot, being as hyped up as it was, was absolutely weak. it had nothing in it i didnt already know, and it just seemed really really rushed to me. anyways i just wanted to register my disgust throughout the land....

2. Zes

Zes Junior Member

i most definitly would have to agree. the more and more i read and learn about moore the more i dislike that fat idiot.

3. mackfatsoe

mackfatsoe Veteran Member

How would you have made that shit better?

4. ODS-1

ODS-1 Elite Member

A friend said that Michael fixed some of the things he did in bowling for columbine (which I haven't seen). At least he didn't hug any of the people who cried (like the mom for example), like he did in Bowling for Columbine.

5. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

i still cant believe people take michael moore so seriously....HES A FUCKING ENTERTAINER!!! with that being said he is very good at what he does and while he may be guilty of a fair amount of distortion in his movies the foundation of these films is very solid. one thing that kills me in this whole war on michael moore is that seemingly sane liberals are getting sucked into the conservative criticism of him. if i hear one more intelligent person object to michael moores attack on charleton heston in "bowling for columbine" im going to lose it. does anyone stop to think about the fact that the senile man who was "taken advantage of" in that movie is the same senile man who is traveling the country convincing millions of morons that they need to fight for a decrease in the regulation of firearms?!?

alright....i got off point but to sum things up
    1. HES A FUCKING ENTERTAINER!!! maybe you should try spending some time being outraged at the injustices in the world instead of a fucking film...then maybe michael moore wouldnt have to make so many of them
    2. maybe you should try listening to npr or reading the paper...then you wont be so angry when michael moore pulls one over on you
    3. ....and this wasnt touched upon in my previous rant...do you know how many young people were motivated to vote by his latest movie? i think he deserves a very large pat on the back for his role in the coming election.

6. Zes

Zes Junior Member

on your previous comment ithink that it is very commendable that he inspried many young people to vote... however, that being said i was pissed off when he came to the toronto film festival and tried to tell canadians who to vote for. critisize your system and your leaders all you want, but do not come into another country and try to sawy individualsa votes in an election that you have no right to/ has very little effect on you.

7. Nekro

Nekro Elite Member

I'm all about being a progressive, but michael moore could do a lot of things better. His movies feel like a crappily written editorial; there's a lot of good points there but they're not pulled together into a single, overarching argument.

Bowling for columbine was the perfect example of this. He goes on and on about gun violence, but then hits up canada and refutes the entire gun-control argument and goes into some shit about the culture of fear in the media. When I left that movie I felt like we needed to do something, but there's no indication of precisely what we should do.

8. Nekro

Nekro Elite Member

Kas: that's the most retarded fucking shit I've ever heard. Of course he has the right to tell you who to vote for. That doesn't mean you have to listen to him, but he has every right to go there and say whatever the hell he wants.

9. omar

omar Junior Member

yup aint democracy grand

10. omar

omar Junior Member

sorry hes only in it for the money and u can belueve what u want but i agree thats hes a entertainer....
    man i have bad spelling today

11. WitE TrAsH

WitE TrAsH Member

Preech!

12. angelofdeath

angelofdeath Elite Member

michael moore is a clown. he is an entertainer only. sad thing people actually believe everything he says. when this movie came to the video store i asked the clerk where it was located because i had previously checked the SCIENCE FICTION section, but couldnt find it. i got an immediate smurk and a turn of the head.

here is michael moore's idea of the truth...
    he wants to prove some straight guy is gay. he films a guy for one whole week. one day the guy says the word "gay" among 4 billion other words. 3 days later he says "i'm" among 4 billion other words. he immediately has the tape edited and dubbed to have the man say "im gay" in his film. then he concludes, there you have it, the truth. the man said it himself.

13. hobo knife

hobo knife Junior Member

i'm not the biggest michael moore fan but i doubt thats his idea of the truth...if thats supposed to be an analogy to bush being a shitty president you're waaay off. Moore is a slight clown but he's not too far from the truth in farenheit 911

14. CIPHER_one

CIPHER_one Senior Member

I mean, I've always been on the side of those who feel Moore embellishes the truth a bit, but where do people get off thinking he makes up all of his statements? Sure I wouldn't take what he says for fact, but he doesn't pull this stuff out of his ass.

<<Fan of Moore.

15. villain

villain Veteran Member

I just watched this for the first time. I thought it was quite good. I wish he would have hammered some more points home but overall I'd say it was a good job. And it was funny too. And it's the truth. Maybe only part of the truth.... maybe a large part of the truth. But we all already know the truth we hear in the media every day. It's refreshing to get new perspective. You almost have to be biased because if you are showing what is normally not shown, of course it's going to seem one sided.