fagetry: art school portfolios (all fags need apply)

Jam On It

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by serum

nice title dip shit. consider using daddy's money instead for drug a overdose.

your right, dont let anyone ever get away with calling you a FAG , especially when the closets locked from the outside and your sitting on your pro keds. deal with your issues somewhere else. :confused:

..to everyone else thanks for negative/positive feedback.... im hopefully looking for some feedback from some of the art students around town.

I stay in the Hamptons.

Guest me IS cool

if your thinking of creating a portfolio...I suggest you consider beefing up your portfolio by adding some realistic drawings. Self-portraits, lanscapes, and any drawing from life will do. Take it from me, if you try to use those drawings to try to get a job, at say Disney, they will not hire you they want peole who can draw realistically....

hope that helps...:D

What are you so pissed about? You'll tire yourself out being so angry at the world. Besides that, the artwork is dope. I'd look at it if it was hung up somewhere.

Originally posted by HAL

What are you so pissed about? You'll tire yourself out being so angry at the world. Besides that, the artwork is dope. I'd look at it if it was hung up somewhere.

ahh man, im in a house eleven deep battling everyones agenda everyday ,i probably put this thread together with stuff on my mind. I cant even tell I come off like that .. much thanks for inducing some self reflection.

thanks for the feedback ,

gravy

why is everyone so uptight about the word artfag? in highschool my friends would call each other that as a satirical way of making fun of the rednecks and jocks that were closed minded. anyways not really feeling the art there. I dont have anything scanned in from my recent portolio from 2-d design class. but it sucks too.

sorry man, you suck!

I can however critique, and even ignore all the "fag" bollox........

The portrait looks like you barely looked at the person, and instead pulled off an average looking head, and no one really looks average.

The landscape is just boring, but that's landscapes for you.......

now, on to the rant about the face:

Firstly, I think it looks like a Geurnica (sp?) rip. Even if it's not a Geurnica rip, it IS a beaten to death style. Just like in graf ( allegedly ), you can't just regurgitate other people's shit. People seem to have this belief that you can draw any old shit and call it art, and you can, but no one who is ACTUALLY into art (not just graf) will be fooled. Crawl, walk, run. Or, if you are a bad-ass, run but do it in a new way. Loads of people on this board are going to tell you that face "is dope", which it may be, but it ain't art. I'm not trying to be a pain in your ass, I am trying to help -- feel free to disagree, I'd love to argue this further.

On another note: do some life drawing, it helps. and use some other media than just chalk/pencil/charcoal

See art IS NOT about drawing - any moron can be taught that, it is about self expression (unlike virtually all graf). So DON'T worry solely about accurate drawing, worry about having something to say .......

Originally posted by bodice_ripper

sorry man, you suck!

I can however critique, and even ignore all the "fag" bollox........

The portrait looks like you barely looked at the person, and instead pulled off an average looking head, and no one really looks average.

The landscape is just boring, but that's landscapes for you.......

now, on to the rant about the face:

Firstly, I think it looks like a Geurnica (sp?) rip. Even if it's not a Geurnica rip, it IS a beaten to death style. Just like in graf ( allegedly ), you can't just regurgitate other people's shit. People seem to have this belief that you can draw any old sgit and call it art, and you can, but no one who is ACTUALLY into art (not just graf) will be fooled. Crawl, walk, run. Or, if you are a bad-ass, run but do it in a new way. Loads of people on this board are going to tell you that face "is dope", which it may be, but it ain't art. I'm not trying to be a pain in your ass, I am trying to help -- feel free to disagree, I'd love to argue this further.

On another note: do some life drawing, it helps. and use some other media than just chalk/pencil/charcoal

See art IS NOT about drawing - any moron can be taught that, it is about self expression (unlike virtually all graf). So DON'T worry solely about accurate drawing, worry about having something to say .......

point well taken with your thoughts on the portrait. In regards to technicality im in the "crawling stage".

that landscape was basicaly a memento. Barcelona was the shit and I was overcome by the architecture. I chose that specific scene because the perspective was something I wanted to try and the view was breathtaking in person. in all regards , pratt actually liked it.

guernica huh? I've heard of him but i dont know of his work. im not really knowledgeable in any art history.the actual process involved in that face was much less complicated than biting. that face has more of my graffiti style influence so by far is it conceptual. but are you saying I got potential on E-bay?

under normal conditions, I'd usually throw anything I put together in the closet as soon as soon as the paint would dry. I'm putting myself out there now for some constructive critism, and I've gotten it and am open to much more.

nah man, guernica ( thank you for correcting the spelling ) is a PIECE by picasso, a nice one at that. i wasn't saying you had intentionally ripped it off, but it is REALLY famous and it's abstract style is irritatingly commonplace - so much so that you may have picked it up unconsciously elsewhere.

You wanna do this sort of thing - I'd say make a beeline for the nearest art museum and get a feel for what is going on artwise right now. It'll give you an idea of how diverse some art is.

Guest imported_Tesseract

People seem to have this belief that you can draw any old shit and call it art, and you can, but no one who is ACTUALLY into art (not just graf) will be fooled.

Loads of people on this board are going to tell you that face "is dope", which it may be, but it ain't art.

Do i have to point out that you're on a graffiti board?

Show some respect,

On a sidenote, i dont think that gravy claimed to be picasso. So stop hatin cause i dont see your comments directed in any other direction.

There's something about graffiti that makes everysingle piece painted outdoors worthy.

Having the balls and apetite to destroy/alternate/mark your enviroment and draw some actuall emotional feedback (such as fun/rush) from it is a statement already.

Everything else comes second.Its your motivation that proves better what you have to say and why...

nah man, guernica ( thank you for correcting the spelling ) is a PIECE by picasso, a nice one at that.

You wanna do this sort of thing - I'd say make a beeline for the nearest art museum and get a feel for what is going on artwise right now.

Of course , you mention Picasso and it clicked.

I havent even noticed my interest in any specific theme.. but im heavily convinced that most writers that venture into art or make a lame attempt of such, wear out genetic graffiti based themes .. that sucks in my humble opinion. So I made it a priority to not do the typical and i'll keep practicing in the meantime.

those are pretty mediocre. and i disagree with what bodice ripper said about drawing. you cant really express what you are going to say well and please your audience if you cant draw well even if it is abstract. They call it VISUAL art for a fucking reason. Picasso diddnt just start out throwing random shapes out onto a canvas. He could draw amazingly realistic before his style and expression took him elsewhere. Even if you are making a serious statement crap is still crap. sorry to heckle. practice and youll get better.

Archived