faded silver pieces

TURBO DOG

dont you hate catching you silvers like less than a year after you did them and the silver is all gone...i mean when i am broke i paint in silver...the wal mart shit fades way faster than the krylon or rusto silvers...but why would you buy expensive silver when there is the cheap shit...this dudes post about the rust stopper shit made me think...anyone ever thought of getting like clear coat spray or maybe even the high tech gloss shit you put on with a brush to put over your silvers...this would make those bitches last forever..i mean it wouldnt even take a long time you know?>??...i mean you catch onorocks shit from 99 and it is like not there all you see is like black with those cheezy white inners...whatever though this may stop silvers from fading...tell me what you think even though i will prolly never do this and neither will any of you!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i know what you mean but i would think its extremely pointless to put a clear coat over wal-mart silver..you might as well just buy more expensive siver and go with that..

I THINK it acually depends on the paint inside the can..the company that makes wal-marts spray paint makes their stuff at suck a high scale and a low budget that the paint itself is inconsistant. a freight that we painted like 2 months ago just got posted in metal heads ALREADY had parts of my boys piece missing...because of the silver, another freight that we painted 2 YEARS ago got posted and the silver looked just fine...

thats just my theory

take the walmart paint for what it is worth- cheap as hell*

sometimes you get for what you paid for

I LOVE THAT DIRTY OLDE SHIT...

HAHA...

I LOVE THOSE RUSTED, FADED PEACES... FORGET ABOUT THE LONGEVITY...IF THEY LAST LONG ENOUGH TO LOOK FADED THEN THAT IS THE SHIT... HALF THE TIME THEY ARE BUFFED BEFORE THEY REACH THE FADED STAGE ANYWAY... NOTHING BETTER THAN A RUSTED FADED PEACE ON A OLD CAR... PART OF THE GAME ALWAYS WILL BE... KEEP PAINTIN NON STOP AND SOME OF THE SILVERS YOU DO WILL ALWAYS LOOK NEW...

I'm with Lee, I love those rotted looking pieces where the fill is falling apart but the outline and inline are intact. In fact I do a lot of ghost fill pieces like that on purpose, either for speed or to save paint.

The best silver I've seen for longevity is American Accents. That stuff has been shiny 2 years later, and faded to gray but all intact (no flaking) at 4 years. Rusto chrome sticks well but turns gray quickly, first year.

that clear coat shit is too much work. To boot, it will prolly involve you waiting around until the paint in the piece is dry.

heres an expiriment that i tried 2 years ago. i got 3 cans of silver

krylon, aa rusto and traditional (stops rust) rustoleum.

i did a 3 letter crew e2e on a car that is local. i did each letter in a different brand of silver. its a local so i see the car quite often and the traditional rusto (obviously) is the one that is holding the toughest. the bling bling is gone but the dull gray coverage is still pretty solid.

the aa silver is about the same as the traditional rusto.

the krylon might as well be the fucken 98 cent walmart silver. the stroke lines are showing through and the paint is starting to fade and expose the cars original color.

i used to always use cheap silver on steel but stopped because so many of my pieces got faded in less than a year because of it. i love silver pieces but now i will only do them if i have rusto silver.

i also agree with the whole faded piece thing. a well aged piece has a certain attractiveness to it. looks like it has become one with the car.

silvers

yeah it was just a thought you know..i mean i never thought that i would actually do this...

hey ZED me and my homey were talking about doing that with the three different kinds of silvers on local shit!! any how yeah man it was only an experimental thought!!

Originally posted by TURBO DOG

dont you hate catching you silvers like less than a year after you did them and the silver is all gone...i mean when i am broke i paint in silver...the wal mart shit fades way faster than the krylon or rusto silvers...but why would you buy expensive silver when there is the cheap shit...this dudes post about the rust stopper shit made me think...anyone ever thought of getting like clear coat spray or maybe even the high tech gloss shit you put on with a brush to put over your silvers...this would make those bitches last forever..i mean it wouldnt even take a long time you know?>??...i mean you catch onorocks shit from 99 and it is like not there all you see is like black with those cheezy white inners...whatever though this may stop silvers from fading...tell me what you think even though i will prolly never do this and neither will any of you!

I read two mistakes...

1)when your broke you BUY cheap silver... RACK DONT BUY!

2) using "CHEAP" Wal-Mart silvers will do that to you... rustos will not!

Re: Re: faded silver pieces

Originally posted by IRON HEAD

I read two mistakes...

1)when your broke you BUY cheap silver... RACK DONT BUY!

sorry man...but i had to say something about this because i keep seeing people acting all tough about racking paint...including kids in my hometown who are all like.."yeah dog, thats graffiti...if you aint stealing your paint, it aint graffiti...yo"....but its not.

sorry that some of us have other shit going on in our lives (or even those of us that dont) but still have the common sense to realize that its not a good idea to go to jail for stealing a can of spraypaint...i can guarantee you were doing just fine finding a way to fit our nasty little habit into our budgets...i mean, cmon....its bad enough some of us are as old as we are and still risking our freedom to paint on a damn train... so in defense of my man turbo (who does, by the way, crush too many trains in walmart silver) buy paint.....stealing is wrong....oh man im wasted...

SOUTHERN FRONTCOURT RESISTANCE.....ALABAMA AND UAB BRACKET SLAYERS.

iron head

hey iron head sorry i am not some thugged out all time mater racker...whatever dude...i did my fare share of racking and i am well past my mid 20's bro i dont need some bullshit charge for shop lifting and trying to pull some sort of elaborate paint heists... it would probably surprise the fuck out of you how many well known and well up writers buy paint...i make enough money to support my nasty habit....and thank you alabama for telling this dude whats up....i have crushed many with you in wal mart silvers...but hey we still painted them you know? so who gives a fuck if you dont rack...all i am saying that matters is if you manage to crush shit and keep your name up on these lines...i will see you soon enough mr. alabama,,,,,,we will do a louisiana alabama destruction day like that last one when i came up there all day stopped lines and local trash cars with the freshest end to ends these faggets have ever seen!

GOOSE SOUTHER FREIGHT REVIVALSTS

TURBO AND ALABAMA

I am not trying to sound like no thug... but there is no way i can afford my paintin habbit... i rack in non heated small cities... so i know what i am doing... it's not like i go to ATL, NY, MIA, etc and rack... so as i said i m not trying ot sound like a "thug!"

I am with Alabama on this one.... Racking is kind of dumb to do when its only 2 or 3 bucks a can. No need to risk going to jail over some stupid shit like that, painting on trains is stupid enough.

The fact is, not too many people are buffing trains, the trains you paint today, will probably be around for atleast 5 to 10 years, mabey more. If you care about your shit being around for a while, use good paint. Rusto will last for years. If you fill with a can of rusto, your shit will ride for years, and look good.

Bump for Alan Ogg #53

i dont rack because for 1 i dont paint a whole lot.

and 2 i can afford to buy paint for the little bit of painting i do.

but if you are young and dont really care about risking a shoplifting charge on top of a potential vandalism charge then I say go for it.

cause i cant compete with the younger generation on the style tip.

i dont really know how paint with thin caps and run cheezy trendy dime a dozen styles.

seriously i only paint recreationally (thats a fancy word for legally) these days.

I thought for a long time wheather to reply on this thread and then I decided everyones got ideas on there own situation. First and for most I hate the fact that silvers fade so fast, but then I'm glad to be still riding (not buffed or dissed by a more up writer) so its a win lose case

As far as racking goes this is obviously a touchy subject amongist writers of all rankings. To me how can you be like -- someone is thugged out because they rack and try to diss them when you your self dont rack. To some this whole graffiti bullshit is about something more than the art on the cars...POINT BLANK....THE LIFESTYLE.... and that is the art! There has got to be something said for those who risk the double charge everyday and do it for years at a time. They are the ones committed to making it happen by any means necessary. Where as those who support major coporations by using their hard earned money to buy paint. Then they are just supporting their hobby which happens to be vandalism.

Further more coporations set a shrink budget every year so with out people to rack that becomes just a good idea.

LIFT SHOPPING CARTS<SWITCH TAGS>POCKET ANY TIME POSSIBLE

Anytime you who buy paint need a discounted price drop me a line- old colors to new ones, and thats serious business

Archived