experimental electronic...

misteraven

• 4 years later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

muzik is muzik sometime u have to xperiment with sound formulas eventually some good shit will come out of it. That how niggas come out with original shit u know what I mean.. . I got an MPC 1000 sittin im my closet brand new, yall just reminded that I have to put it to use.. peace.

• 1 month later...

Nerds

Alright, I watched High Tension today. It was very good in some cases (living up to its name, sound design), and pretty crappy in others (generic, shitty twist). But this post is concerned with some of the music used.

In particular, the song over the opening credits, which is kind of like the main theme of the overall film. It's fucking incredible, I'd say it's the best thing in the entire film.

So the composer is this dude called François-Eudes Chanfrault. The filmmakers talk about him in the special features a bit, saying that they heard music from two of his albums and that it was perfect for the movie. So perfect, they used the music straight off them, the guy didn't write specific music for the movie. So this means that this guy has two albums out there that I'm interested in.

The only one I can find is one called "Computer Assisted Sunset" on the French Amazon.com. None of the clips are the track I'm looking for, and this guy's pretty fresh out of school so finding info about him is extremely difficult.

If any of you guys know about this dude or where I can find this other album, you would rule beyond ruledom. I have to return this movie to netflix, but I'm currently playing the opening credits in the background just to listen to the music cause it's seriously fucking great. Finding this track would make my week.

Archived