excuse me california... but what happened to you.

MOOGLE?

my unmotivation was cleared away by the news of arnold signing this....command taking away the right of inmates to smoke in jail..

i'm not very political at all, but this just ticks me the fuck off..

its like asking for a riot in jails...

grrrr

i also wanted to hear about laws in other states and the after effects they produced and laws that are being debated over as well.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest KING BLING

What they need to do is make jails crime exempt zones, meaning everyhting is legal (and murder encouraged) and just line up guards around the outermost walls and every few days throw a few whole cows in...

A lot of jails up here are smoke free.

Of course they also think they are

'black-tar-heroin-free' and 'pound-the-ass-free'

but somethings go on anyway.

Doesn't it cost like 60K to keep an someone incarcerated per year?

No smoking in any state-owned building in Texas

Including jails, prisons and hospitals, except for mental hospitals. The reason they banned smoking has nothing to do with what the prisoners want or don't want. Nobody gives a shit what they want. If they choose to riot, let 'em. After the National Guard puts the riot down, everybody who participated gets to face the consequences of that decision. Rioting in a correctional facility carries heavy additional prison time, TACKED ON TO THE END OF YOUR SENTENCE. So you're doing five for drugs. If you riot and get convicted, now you're doing fifteen. "Duh." How stupid is that?

Smoking is banned in prison because it is hazardous TO THE PRISON EMPLOYEES. It's like working in a bar. The patrons are there for two or three hours each. The bar employees are there for years. Second hand smoke causes cancer bigtime.

I have no problem with people smoking all they want. But I don't want them smoking around me. Prisoners lose many of their rights once they are convicted of a crime, and one of the rights they lose is the right to smoke tobacco. Oh well. Life's a bitch. If you want to smoke, then don't commit crimes--easy.

BTW, from what I understand, there are no personal TV's in Texas prisons, either. TV for General Pop offenders is in the Day Room, inside of a cage. The inmates vote on what program to watch, and the bigger, tougher prisoners intimidate the smaller, weaker prisoners ("You BETTER vote for basketball, bitch.") No air conditioning at all, except in the Administration offices. They do have fans in the tiers, but it gets like 110 degrees in the summer down here. So if it's 110 outside, it's 110 in the cell block. Most Texas inmates serve their time on prison farms. They work eight ours a day, four in the morning, an hour for lunch and another four in the afternoon--hoeing weeds on a hoe squad, cutting brush, clearing ditches, shoveling out barns, stuff like that. The only reason they come in when it rains is that bad weather makes it easy to escape. Hoe squads are guarded by officers on horseback armed with high-powered rifles with a scope. If you run, you get shot.

The hoe squads pass out of the prison through a gate called the Sally Port. They pass out through the Sally bare ass naked, with prison whites in one hand and boots in the other. Coming back in for lunch, same thing. Every time they pass through the Sally, they strip down bare ass naked.

No smoking is the LEAST of their fucking worries.

^^^no air conditioning? shiiiiit in our county jail, they got that shit on muthafuckin 50 degrees. they try to kill you with that cold shit. plus you get 1 thin ass sheet and 1 thin ass "blanket". no tv though. sometimes the radio on fridays or special days. but you gotta be reaaaal good in that bitch or they dont put that fuckin radio on at all. rec time is the best time. its like basketball in the hood, love that shit. chowtime chowtime! trade peas for milk! who want it?!

Guest willy.wonka

what was that movie where they had an island of convicted killers?? they had one tribe that was a community and one that was full of kaos.

i always thought that was a good idea..some believe japan is a result of a chinese island prison

Originally posted by willy.wonka

what was that movie where they had an island of convicted killers?? they had one tribe that was a community and one that was full of kaos.

i always thought that was a good idea..some believe japan is a result of a chinese island prison

SO IF WE SEND ALL THE CRACK DEALERS AND KILLERS TO AN ISLAND INSTEAD OF JAIL THEY'LL START MAKING PLAYSTATIONS AND IPODS AND SHIT?!? YO SOMEONE CLEAR OFF STATEN!!

M E R O E S S

CHINGCHANG