Exclusive Relationship or Promiscuity

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I'm feeling the responses,

especially that of Orgasm Addict..

but on the other side of that,

I'm feeling the "have fun young, until you're ready to settle" responses too~

but what troubles me about that when is it actually enough??

When is it time to actually settle down?? How will I know ready??

And when I know that I'm ready, won't that make me more likely to grab what's

around at the time and settle, just for the sake of "me being ready"??

And by then, half of the women are spoiled and most,if not all of your previous

relationships with potential have already been tainted beyond satisfactory repair..

A wise man once told me a West African tradition tale or whatever you'd like to call it,

about a man from a small town who had a beautiful field that could support him and

any family forever. But this man was the most intelligent, ambitious and beautiful of

all people in the town, and he decided to travel to the big city, with the idea in mind

that he always had a farm and women to go back home to. After some time, he

returns to his town, but only to find that his soil had rotted and all of the women had

been taken. For the remainder of his days, he was reminded that no matter what he

did, no matter how hard he worked, he was too late..His oppourtunities had all gone to

waste...Patience became his flaw, rather than his virtue.. and all he could do was look back..

Sounds better coming from the man who told it proper,

but you understand.

Originally posted by H. Lecter@Aug 20 2005, 06:42 AM

Honestly, If I had an answer of my own, I would'nt be interested in yours..

It all depends on your mood man.

It's all a cycle.

You move from having a girlfriend, to being single and hooking up with everyone and anyone.

It all ends when you find someone who you don't want to lose, and who you want to be in your life forever.

That's also when the true beauty begins.

When you foster the relationship you have with this person, and you two become intertwined together like mother earth and all of her creatures.

By the way, this is a dumb fuckin thread.

I hate when people ask questions like this. It reminds me of a fuckin 17teen magazine pool. If you're a confused 13-year old girl with insecurity issues, then so be it. But if not, then go out, live your fuckin life, don't go out in the morning and say "Hey, I'm gonna go look for a soul mate." or "Hey, I feel like fucking a girl in a taxi tonight."

Just go out and take things as they come.

Good luck.

"It all ends when you find someone who you don't want to lose, and who you want to be in your life forever."

Good response,

with the exception of the criticism~

I made this poll out of curiousity of what the majority viewpoint is~

and to see some of the more extreme responses..

And being that people who you usually speak about such a topic with

are too close to you to give a fair or honest conversation anyway, what better place?

If you think I'm passing my fate off into the hands of an online polls results,

you're bugging~

"Take things as they come" is a great theory~

but the devil will find work for idle hands...

Originally posted by beardo@Aug 20 2005, 12:24 PM

im too fuckin weird and antisocial to really get down with banging different bitches every night.

Yeah me too... it's either that or it's people that suck, and the more people involved in your life the greater your bullshit/drama index is going to be.

Finding the right person, to me is more important than having "fun", because you could spoil the opportunity... and besides... it's just bullshit/drama otherwise.

Originally posted by slave_one@Aug 20 2005, 05:10 PM

he said man hoe. hahahah.

forill, i trip out on those kids in high school who are in serious relationships talking about being TOGETHER FOREVER...and then what happens down the road?

have fun first, settle down later.

i was those high school kids, and in answer to your question, we are still together and she's the only thing in my life that never leaves me....

* edit, since its relevant to the topic

we've been with other people on occasion during our relationship, with permission. But everyone else is made of cardboard in comparison with her....

Originally posted by slave_one@Aug 20 2005, 10:10 AM

forill, i trip out on those kids in high school who are in serious relationships talking about being TOGETHER FOREVER...and then what happens down the road?

have fun first, settle down later.

My girlfriend's ex is getting married to his girlfriend. They are both 17 and they've been together for less than two months.

Have a nice life.....

you'll know when you're ready to settle down because you wont want anything else. when it really comes down to it, you know what you want and you'll gravitate towards it. i guess you also need a lot of self-awareness for that as well... sometimes it takes a certain person to make you feel that way, also the timing of the situation along with everything else in your life.

tough call cuzz i been in a relationship for a year and a half, and it was all but holy. i love and loved this girl like noone else. but then there comes a time when things just arent the same. people change and so dont feelings and circumstances. nothing works to me cuz in the end your always back with yourself. its true>> together and miserable or alone and lonely. at least i think so.