exactly

Guest beardo

Art Student Admits Planting Boxes In Subway Station

DECEMBER 17TH, 2002

An art student has confessed to planting dozens of suspicious boxes that led to the evacuation of the Union Square subway station last week,.

Clinton Boisvert, 25, a student at the School of Visual Arts, turned himself in to the Manhattan district attorney’s office Monday. He admitted he placed the 38 black boxes, labeled with the word “fear,” around the busy station last Wednesday.

Boisvert said the stunt was part of an assignment to study reactions to art in public places. His lawyer said it was “an innocent art project gone awry.”

Police evacuated the subway station and trains skipped the stop for about five hours as the bomb squad investigated the boxes, which were attached to walls, benches and floors. The boxes, some painted black and others wrapped in electrical tape, were determined to be empty and the station was reopened.

Boisvert was charged with aggravated harassment and reckless endangerment.

http://www.ny1.com/Content/images/live/36/71504.jpg'>

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Old mate cant of thought that through very well, it could have been potentially a cool project but given its context he should have known better..

I mean did he think these black boxes would not be taken for bombs?

or did he not think that it would be such an issue..

terrorism is a big deal for the US right now....damm if I was there i would be staying welllll away from that barrel of fish..

Originally posted by BigJoe

Old mate cant of thought that through very well, it could have been potentially a cool project but given its context he should have known better..

I mean did he think these black boxes would not be taken for bombs?

or did he not think that it would be such an issue..

terrorism is a big deal for the US right now....damm if I was there i would be staying welllll away from that barrel of fish..

wow, if there was ever a case of missing the boat, this is it.

everything you brought up is exactly why the person did the project. (assuming)

under normal circumstances, a little black box with fear written on it would be a non issue. it appears the boxes were placed to capitalize on the current state of mind that new yorkers/americans are opperating under. theres nothing to indicate that the boxes were anything more than just empty boxes. yet, people are walking around in such a state of constant fear that the slightest suggestion triggers the most grim perception.

it is my belief that the whole point of this was to illustrate the irrational fear that terrorism lies behind every corner.

cant believe i had to explain this to someone

Al... i was turned onto this article by a friend who first heard about it on television. he couldnt find an article that said it, but the kid got an A on the project.

Archived