Ex-ATFE Agent Linked to 2nd Explosion in 2 months

KaBar2

MAGNOLIA, TEXAS--A former federal agent connected to a "flash-bang" grenade explosion at a party in Huffman over the weekend has also been linked to the explosion of a flash-bang grenade in Hempstead at the Hempstead Watermelon Festival in July.

Gene Williams, 42, head of the tactical medical squad for Cypress Creek EMS is under investigattion by the Hempstead Police Department, where he was a reserve sergeant, accused of exploding a flash-bang grenade in a parking lot during the city's Watermelon Festival. Williams resigned his post as reserve sergeant Saturday, the day after the Magnolia incident.

Federal authorities confirmed Tuesday that Williams was an agent for the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATFE) in Beaumont, Texas, until about six months ago.

Local authorities confirmed that Williams is under suspicion of having a role in the explosion Friday night. Investigators say that about 10 p.m., an explosive device, believed to be a flash-bang grenade, went off near Steven Cosby, 26, a Huffman assistant fire chief, who lost most of his foot in the explosion. Cosby remains hospitalized at Memorial Hermann Hospital in Houston.

Sources familiar with the Magnolia case says the device appeared to have been a law-enforcement-style "flash-bang" grenade. Flash-bang grenades are used to temporarily disorient suspects, such as in stand-offs.

YOUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK, BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE GUYS WHO BURNED DOWN THE BRANCH DAVIDIANS IN WACO.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

let me clarify...i dont disagree with with kabars observation that the government fucked up, like they did at ruby ridge....and we share a concern of the government over extending its reach, whether the person is innocent or guilty, theres a right way and a wrong way in dealing with the situation...

but im just saying, its fucking koresh, it might as well as be a cognitive association of kool aid and black nikes...

by the way kabar, if a government agent cant be trusted to drink some schlitz and not pull out a gernade, then would it be a stretch to assume he could not be trusted with a firearm?

and if we can make that assumption, then can we then conclude that if we cant trust government employees with guns, then perhaps we should not be so free willing with the second amendment with our average citizens who clearly are not subject to the same tests and training as the agent in our example?

im just saying your example shows a carelessness that can only be assumed is shared among men in general...

Guest KING BLING

^I agree with what you're headed for but this doesn't meet the point made by pro-gun advocates: your average citizen needs weapons to balance the power of the governments guns.

Since the pro-gun argument is based on a distrust of the government already, to use government failure to be trust worthy against pro-gun laws is actually to reinforce there point...

That said, and Kabar I don't want to assume your point on this...but how do you feel about government infiltration/attacks of groups you have spoken of before such as the Black Panthers or more recently M.O.V.E? Are they the same as those at Ruby Ridge?

King Bling

Essentially, yes, they are. My complaint about M.O.V.E. in Philadelphia is that they made life unbearable for their (middle-class black) neighbors for months before the Philadelphia cops raided them. M.O.V.E. collected large quantities of trash and garbage on their property, they played loudspeakers day and night of bizarre music and long harangues by John Africa, they tried to intimidate everybody around them. They were not happy just living there and minding their own business. The whole point was to intrude upon and hassle their neighbors, apparently.

The result is the same though, once Government forces move against any eccentric group. Ultimately, they burn yo' ass down. It doesn't matter if you are a white supremacist group like the Bruder Schweigen/Order, a black nationalist group like M.O.V.E. or New Africa, a wacky revolutionary group like the S.L.A., whatever--if you resist their efforts to take you down, the next stop is a flaming building. Always "accidentally" set on fire, of course.

I did not support David Koresh's religious ideas, nor did I support his personal behavior, especially the allegations that he took young girls as "wives." However, the proper authorities to deal with this sort of behavior in the State of Texas is the Children's Protective Services, not the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Koresh and his people had submitted peacefully to arrest before, on charges of murder and manslaughter associated with a gun battle between David Koresh's faction within the Branch Davidians and another group led by the son of the founder of the sect. The county Sheriff went out to Mount Carmel with one deputy and several valid warrants and arrested a large group, and they went peacefully. They were acquitted in Court.

The ATFE wanted a big, dramatic, sensationalistic raid. They attacked with guns blazing and camcorders rolling. In the first volley out of the cattle trailers, they killed Koresh's dog, all her puppies and a 4-year old toddler playing with the puppies. Then they shot the shit out of the front of the Branch Davidian's home and church, killing and wounding several more people. If the BD's had surrendered after returning fire, I fully believe that a jury in Texas would have acquitted them again, becvause in THIS state, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO DEFEND YOURSELF AGAINST ANY AND ALL ATTACKERS, INCLUDING POLICE OFFICERS, unless they announce themselves loudly, and show you a valid warrant signed by a magistrate. The ATFE did not do that, they rolled up in cattle trailers and opened fire without any warning. And then they RAN OUT OF AMMUNITION, and had to retreat with their wounded with their hands in the air. And the Davidians HELD THEIR FIRE and let the ATFE retreat. By God, I wouldn't have, especially not after they killed innocent children. They suffered four killed and eleven seriously wounded. They are damned lucky that the Davidians didn't come swarming out of there with guns blazing and slaughter the entire raid force.

If you don't believe this story, go rent the video "WACO: The Rules of Engagement." The story was mostly told from TV news footage and videotape shot right on the scene of the raid by news cameramen, who accompanied the ATFE on the raid.

The ATFE and the FBI handled the entire thing so badly that the Texas Rangers became furious with them, and believe me, the Texas Rangers are not soft on crime. They pretty much told the ATF to get out of Texas, and they were very angry at the FBI destroying evidence, lying, perjuring themselves, destroying a crime scene and so on and so forth. There is VERY STRONG EVIDENCE that the FBI HRT team and possibly Delta Force troops fired on the Branch Davidians attempting to escape the burning building.

It was a Federal mass murder, in my opinion, and thousands of Texans were completely furious about it. The Texas Constitutional Militia appeared virtually overnight afterwards, and they were pissed off.

Originally posted by KING BLING

^I agree with what you're headed for but this doesn't meet the point made by pro-gun advocates: your average citizen needs weapons to balance the power of the governments guns.

Since the pro-gun argument is based on a distrust of the government already, to use government failure to be trust worthy against pro-gun laws is actually to reinforce there point...

actually i thought that was a pretty nice brushstroke of logic...

afterall, i understand the fundamental argument by those proponents of the 2nd, but clearly if the evidence supports not only stricter control of our government officials in the form of better tests and more oversight, then that logic should be extended as well as to the public at large...no one is saying that guns shouldnt be allowed, no one is looking for prohibition...but clearly this jackass is an example of the dumbness capable of all men...

why im loving this proof i got going here...the 2nd ammendment movement cutting its legs out from under itself...