Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

EVERYONE IN CHANNEL ZERO

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by iloveboxcars, Jan 12, 2005.

1. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

There's a group trying to get DEVO's "Whip It" to #1 on TRL.

Go to their website and vote...you hafta scroll all the way down and write-in.
    Expose unsuspecting 14-year-olds to something cool for a change.

http://www.mtv.com/onair/trl/vote/

repost this where ever you can.

2. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

3. villain

villain Veteran Member

How about Beck's "MTV makes me want to smoke crack"?

4. iloveboxcars

how about you vote for it instead of naming other songs. so we can see if this works.

5. Carl Winslow.

Carl Winslow. Junior Member

6. iloveboxcars

^a lot of people have said that already. just vote once and let me see for myself. a lot of people have said it actually isn't a request show and they just play videos in the order they choose.

7. Hermdog

Hermdog Elite Member

I did it...but you won't catch me watching TRL...MTV without vidoes is not MTV

8. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

the SomethingAwful goons AND the fark people are already on it.

I dont think 12oz would make 1% of the totals even if we all got on board.

+ I dont see the point of Devo.

9. iloveboxcars

^the more the merrier?

10. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

more like MTV going..... 'forget those nerds. Let's play ashlee simpson just to piss them off'

11. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

Anyone here remember back in 97 or 98 when Hank the Angry Drunken Dwarf was the focus of an internet-wide attempt to get the title of People's sexiest man alive? He won the vote by thousands, everyone on IRC had the link up in the channel topics. People didn't honor the results, but they did give a little write-up about the whole thing.

12. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

I voted a few times while I was waiting for the computer to save some super hi-res files.

Seeing as how mtv controls the vote count and only mtv sees it...I'm sure they'll get a good laugh out of everyone requesting it. If they have a sense of humor and it gets the votes...they'll play it...but I really don't see that happening. Especially since I don't have cable...maybe I should say won't see that.

13. the_gooch

the_gooch 12oz Loyalist

i voted for devo. but i think freedom of choice would be a better vid and song, but i stll voted for whip it.

14. Gunm

Gunm Banned

THE REALITY OF THIS SITUATION IS THAT I WOULD BEAT YOUR FUCKING WIG IN TILL THAT SHIT LOOKED LIKE SALSA AND THEN NIGGAS WOULD COME AND DIP TOSTITOS IN YOUR FUCKING FACE NIGGA.

I love this quote

15. FIST2CUFFS

FIST2CUFFS Member

mmmmm......... chips and salsa....