everyone give a big thank you to religion

boogie hands

bush in office and a homosexual marriage ban....good fucking work christians!!! i cant thank organized religion enough for imposing its views on the entire country (and world) via the presidential election. its so fucking awesome that an entire group of people, who are still clinging to a 2000 year old value system and an imaginary being that "controls all", are able to do this for us! thank you, thank you, thank you!

FUCK....i cant believe this day is happening....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Turners Tea@Nov 3 2004, 04:30 PM

Fuck christians. Hang them to crosses one by one just like jesus did. Everyone will suffer.

what the hell are you talking about?

I'm just going to say it so everyone with half a brain doesnt

have to waste time by saying it.....

Church Dogma wasn't created by God, it's a product of man.

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by the_gooch@Nov 3 2004, 06:48 PM

fuck religion, i went to catholic school for 11 years, and all they did was program us. i remember they were telling us that the band ac/dc stood for against christ / destroy christ , are you kidding me???

Shit like this is sad to hear. I went to catholic school for even longer than that and my experience was completely different. We were taught to think critically about our faith and come to our own decisions. We were taught everything about the Catholic faith but it was never rammed down our throats or programmed in. What WAS endlessly emphasized, were the true Christian ideals of serving your brothers, forgiveness, and sharing.

If, when I have a kid, my school is still on the same level of awesomeness it was when I went through, I'm sending him there without a doubt.

Originally posted by El Mamerro+Nov 3 2004, 08:55 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (El Mamerro - Nov 3 2004, 08:55 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-the_gooch@Nov 3 2004, 06:48 PM

fuck religion, i went to catholic school for 11 years, and all they did was program us. i remember they were telling us that the band ac/dc stood for against christ / destroy christ , are you kidding me???

Shit like this is sad to hear. I went to catholic school for even longer than that and my experience was completely different. We were taught to think critically about our faith and come to our own decisions. We were taught everything about the Catholic faith but it was never rammed down our throats or programmed in. What WAS endlessly emphasized, were the true Christian ideals of serving your brothers, forgiveness, and sharing.

If, when I have a kid, my school is still on the same level of awesomeness it was when I went through, I'm sending him there without a doubt.

[/b]

i think i just went to a shitty grammar school overall!

...we already have slavery here...what do you call it when 15 mexican immigrants live in a small apartment and are paid three dollars an hour for hard labor...

...the majority of people that voted for bush did so becasue of 'moral issues'...becasue 100 thousand dead civillians in defense of three thousand americans is completely moral...new air strikes in fallujah this morning, woooweee!...those freedom bombs just keep comin'...nothing more moral than bombing a small city from the air in the middle of the night...go get 'em god!!...

religion in america is, for the most part, a cesspool of self-righteous hypocrisy.

pro-gun, pro-war, pro-deathpenalty, but anti-abortion because it's murder.

the fucking pope condemned the iraq war.

it was barely a blip on the radar.

:jpotato:

Originally posted by Armenhammer@Nov 4 2004, 01:17 PM

dont blame religion, blame ignorance, thats the true enemy.

religion by itself doesn't do much harm, its when its combined with the ignorance of a people that it is used as a weapon.

it's part of the same machinery.

many religions encourage ignorance by promoting FAITH OVER FACT.

(such as creationism v darwinism)

religion is the opiate of the masses.

it entices, addicts, and keeps the people under control.

religion is dangerous, maybe the most dangerous force in the world today.

spirituality is not the same as religion.

Originally posted by symbols@Nov 4 2004, 03:12 PM

spirituality is not the same as religion.

I'm deep into spiritualoty too.

:innocent:

:haha:

mod powers rule.

* you sneaky sneak!

:privateeye: haha

Originally posted by Armenhammer@Nov 4 2004, 12:17 PM

dont blame religion, blame ignorance, thats the true enemy.

religion by itself doesn't do much harm, its when its combined with the ignorance of a people that it is used as a weapon.

really? you should try that one on the parents of a child killed in a suicide bombing. maybe run that by a homosexual couple who will never know the joys of actually being married. these things stem directly from the teachings found in the koran and in the second case, the bible.

and im not trying to insult anyone but what exactly do you call a person that in this day and age still believes that "god" is the primary factors that dictates the events in his/her life and the world around them.....informed?

i could go on and on about the problems religion causes in world but ill spare you all. lets just say i think everyone would benefit from a world where good deeds and personal accomplishment give a person a sense of meaning in life as opposed to some imaginary being found in folklore thats been passed down century upon century.

im not saying that religion doesnt cause problems, its been the main cause of conflict and war for the past billions of years, and i am certainly not saying that someone that doesnt believe in god or is not part of some organized religion is ignorant or what not.

all im saying is that these atrocities that people commit nowadays in the name of "religion" are obviously rooted in ignorance.

The koran teaches peace, but some people use it to murder innocent people, and they are able to use it becasue people are ignorant of the koran's true intention, which is to lead peaceful lives.

The bible simply says how you should live your life, not to impose it on other people, but people use it for this purpose.

Look,I am christian, I voted for Kerry and I voted for Gay marriage, dont confuse me for one of those dumb fucks who voted for Bush because he is "moral" or any of that bull shit.

Im just saying that if your gonna fisht the problem, fight it at the root.

Ignorance is the root, because it can use not only religion but also patriotism, ethnicity, culture and many other things to spread these dispicable acts.

I agree with symbol in that "religion in america is, for the most part, a cesspool of self-righteous hypocrisy."

Religion is sort of like the hand, which can be used to help other people up, or push them back down.

i think religion is inherently problematic.

mainly because of the emphasis on dogma

there's too much 'infallibility' in religion

i believe it encourages ignorance, in it's very nature.

i also think cultural identity based on ethnicity and race is very dangerous.

the 'us and them' thing is usually bad.

and if a person is not religious, most of the time, people who are religious think that not having one is amoral.

just 2¢

Originally posted by symbols@Nov 4 2004, 04:06 PM

i think religion is inherently problematic.

mainly because of the emphasis on dogma

there's too much 'infallibility' in religion

i believe it encourages ignorance, in it's very nature.

I have to disagree. I think religion, at its very base, is one of the purest and most beautiful things man has created, which fundamentally attempts to give mankind an essential need, almost as powerful (if not AS powerful) as love: hope. Unfortunately, it has been grossly distorted by authority figures as a power hierarchy to the point where it is almost impossible to even consider it's fundamental principles as noble.

for me, that's spirituality, but not religion.

i guess i have that pessimistic view of things.

religion has played a hand in most major conflicts the world has experienced, and this is nothing new.

people have been fighting about religion for almost as long as it's been around.

i, personaly, don't get hope from god, religion, or dogma anyway.

... i think i get more hope from knowledge and wisdom.

just opinions.

There should be no difference between spirituality and religion. It has only been made so by ourselves through greed and fear. Strict adherence to dogma and refusal to accept outside views is exactly what brings religion's message down.

I agree with what mams is saying. If you look at the basic premise of all the world's major religions (christianity, islam, bhuddism, etc) you see one common theme: love your neighbor and just be a good person. Jesus, Buddah, and Mohammed were all about love, not hate. I don't have a problem with that kind of religion. I do have a problem with the way it's been twisted around to control people and justify all kinds of shit that the various prophets were most definitely not down with. That's the shit that started wars and is bad for us, not jesus chilling with hookers and riffraff and telling them to be good people.

But see, that is NOT the basic premise of all religions. The basic premise of all religions is that life is worth living, that there is light beyond death. The whole "love thy neighbor" idea comes as a result of that, which is (to me at least) such a logical conclusion that I am completely baffled how almost no one else seems to see it. The only way to ensure peaceful life after death, in whatever way you choose to believe that (literally or figuratively... for me its the latter), is through living by helping others.