ever eat fish

Guest HESHIANDET

Guest HESHIANDET

i seriously thought i was gonna die on the spot. then i puked a little, dislodged the bone, and then felt gross. now the innardsof my throat urt so bad....fuck fish

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Smart@Jul 21 2005, 05:51 AM

man synaps... fish are from water. Rivers and oceans, fish is good food...

you sir, are wrong.

well, whilst in the matter of fish at least. in any other subject, i can't argue.

saltwater vs freshwater is a big deal.

not only as preference, but also being that i spent many a year as a chef. the flavour fresh water provides is unsurpassed.

Originally posted by synaps+Jul 21 2005, 02:18 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (synaps - Jul 21 2005, 02:18 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Smart@Jul 21 2005, 05:51 AM

you sir, are wrong.

well, whilst in the matter of fish at least. in any other subject, i can't argue.

not only as preference, but also being that i spent many a year as a chef. the flavour fresh water provides is unsurpassed.

[/b]

Naw man, not true. The PLATFORM that fresh water fish give a chef to CONTRIBUTE flavor may be unsurpassed but the fact is the widest variety and most interesting natural flavors come from the ocean.

Heh, you ain't the only one who cooked a bunch of fish in his life, hahaha...

But also, f'real, I thought you were on the other side of that argument from your first comment. I'm just saying it's ALL good.

Originally posted by Smart+Jul 21 2005, 06:34 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Smart - Jul 21 2005, 06:34 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by synaps@Jul 21 2005, 02:18 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-Smart@Jul 21 2005, 05:51 AM

you sir, are wrong.

Naw man, not true. The PLATFORM that fresh water fish give a chef to CONTRIBUTE flavor may be unsurpassed but the fact is the widest variety and most interesting natural flavors come from the ocean.

Heh, you ain't the only one who cooked a bunch of fish in his life, hahaha...

But also, f'real, I thought you were on the other side of that argument from your first comment. I'm just saying it's ALL good.

[/b]

you and i, sir... will go a long way.

i agree, freshwater fish can be beneficial to overall taste. b ut only when conbined with other cheap sea-life.

however, anyone that has cooked outside of the states or in upscale joints can tell you freshwater (especially american freshwater) lacks the taste that overseas saltwater does.

its not bad by any means. but for example:

cape saint frances cod will is no match to bayou grouper. ya know?

the only american fresh water fish i will give praise to is redfish. delicious shit any day of the week.

you should know this, mang. especially considering you've cooked :D

Man, red fish is practically a trash fish and bayou grouper in NO WAY represents the grouper family. You got gags, reds andscamp too. They all taste different.

I still don't understand what you're telling me... Are you saying your saltwater fish are better than our saltwater fish? Are you thinking that I'm praising freshwater fish? Fuck freshwater, most of the ones we've talked about eat other fishes shit. Almost entirely, including redfish, what I'd consider in the brackish family. I mean, mullet and catfish have their place but that's shit you just fry. If you're gonna eat mud you should just eat crawdads and be done with it. As for Cod, I'm not a big fan... bland. Just to do some flipping of my own, Trout can be fucking incredible though, with just some butter, pepper, and lime or lemon, garnish with a pineapple slice.

Once I was in TGI Fridays with my parents (yeah being in that place is gross enough), and I was eating one of those cheese sticks, and half the cheese string was down my throat. I couldn't really swallow it, and I didn't want to puke right there. So that sucked. I got it down though.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Smart, I think it's a typo. I think he meant to say "the flavour salt water provides is unsurpassed." on his first assessment.