Ever been tested for STD's?

DorkstaR

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Fox Mulder

i'm afraid from this one time....very scared. not a serious std. but i know this girl was rumored to have it.

yeah, same here, it was something they got rid of, not an std but an infection this girl had i was with, she ended up having to get her ovaries scraped and shit becuase they were so badly scared, luckily i got checked and given shit to fix it before anything bad happend or before i really had it at all, but you know. Its not that bad when they check, in one test they shove a q tip down you penis but i havent had that one

abosolutely.

at least once a year, regardless of whether i'm active, not, or in a committed relationship. when u go to the female Dr. they offer to check that stuff every time, so why not? i'd rather know. plus if it's going raw that stick is going to get checked.

my one girlfriend got herpes from her boyfriend even though they were in a relationship. now that shit sucks.

I get tested once a year. I think if you are going to fuck you should be responsible enough to get tested. I was a little embarrassed at first but when I went in the receptionist started a conversation with me about how wonderful i was for getting tested just because it was January again. She told me that most people go in only when there dick starts to burn or whatever. After that I’ve never been embarrassed about it again.

if you're sexually active even with one person and dont get tested, you're an idiot. I've been tested. I was hella scared about my HIV results but came clean woohoo. I had a syphillis scare- my first test back of that came back extremely reactive, the 2nd test came back unreactive and so it was all tested again and no worries- thank god. Only had one std and it was just crabs - argh. that shit sucked

i get checked everytime i go for my annual......

some stds dont show up right away... like uhh whatever it is we thought my sister had.. its a weird type of herpes that doesnt show itself for months and months...

Not all STDs wil lshow symptoms as soon as you contract it. You can have a virus for months, even years before you start to see a rash or feel bumps. Depending on what you think you have, you should go to different places. You can do that pee in a cup thing at your doc's office, but often times they won't check for HIV.

Also most major cities offer free and/or anonymous clinics.

Free clinics = free, but sometimes will send the results to your health insurance (so they have it on file)

Anonymous clinics just give you a ticket and you have to come back in a week or so for results.

HIV tests cannot detect anything that may have happened in the pas 4(ish) months.

I've only been tested for HIV b/c it was free and I was learning out the process. Plus this cute lil thing offered to take me to get ice cream if I got tested w/ her (she's clean!).

really, if it's free + anonymous...what's the hold up?

Archived