1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Euro Tour '06

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Dr. Dazzle, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle 12oz Veteran Member

Euro Tour '06

Discussion started by Dr. Dazzle - Oct 18, 2005

Hello all,

After many years of saying that I will, after school and work and money restrictions and other commitments shit all over the idea, I am finally heading over to Europe for a grand tour extravaganza. The preliminary stages of planning are now in motion, with the concrete itinirary hopefully in place by the end of this year. As of right now, we will be across the sea from late March/early April-ish until sometime in August.

The only definite plans we have so far are Germany for the World Cup from the beginning of June to the beginning of July, followed probably right after by a week or so in Italy where my girlfriend's parents would like to meet us. Other than that, it's pretty much open range.

I have taken the liberty of making a map of our ideal trip:

[​IMG]

So as you can see, we fly in to London, travel around the UK, down to Belgium, Holland, up to Denmark, all around Scandinavia, over to Moscow (or Volgograd, I really want to see the Stalingrad museum), Latvia to Poland, to Hungary, through Austria and the Czech Republic in to Germany, down to Italy, over to Croatia's coast, Greece, Cyprus, then all the way over to Portugal, through Spain, up to France and then back home. Easy.

This is basically a big trip with friends to escape the boringness of where we live right now. Kind of a combination of lame sightseeing, relaxation, and a 5 month long drug/alcohol binge. Of course, this is all subject to travel tickets, accomodation, money, unforeseen problems, but really, what fun is a trip if it goes completely to plan?

Anyway, the point of this thread is somewhat varied. There are a number of questions that I want to ask. Who has done something like this before? I know TT Boy and Ink Lunatic are frequent visitors. Any tips for this kind of adventure? Are hostel passes worth it? Is there any kind of hostel/cheap hotel/timeshare companies that are worth looking in to? Where/what would you recommend seeing, pretty much anywhere we're going? Anywhere you suggest avoiding like the plague??

Of course, I would be honoured, nay, priveleged to meet many of you Euro 12oz members. Pinup, fuck hiking in Norway, come and get drunk with me in Paris. Anybody willing to show us around/put us up for a couple days? Also, if anyone else on here is planning a trip next year, I wouldn't mind meeting up should our destinations be the same. So if any of you are planning it, you can use this thread to ask questions too.

So yeah, that's about it. I'll think of more specific questinos depending on if anyone replies, as well as when our plans get more concrete. I just thought I'd start this thread now so if anyone has any advice or suggestions or whatever, it's better to hear them now than a month before we leave.

So yeah, thanks in advance, and maybe I'll see some of you there....

Cheers,

Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  2. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle - Replied Oct 18, 2005

PS - We will most likely be stopping in Toronto on our way back, since my girlfriend is going to be a bridesmaid at one of her good friend's wedding. RumPuncher and Weapon X, I expect nothing short of the grand tour....

3. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle - Replied Oct 18, 2005

I should probably say, that we are also willing to work under the counter for money. If anybody knows anybody that could help us with work/accomodation, your help would be greatly appreciated....

4. Brewster Baker

Brewster Baker 12oz Loyalist

Brewster Baker - Replied Oct 18, 2005

I'd rather be stuck in Vernon then go to europe

Brewster Baker - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  5. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

T.T Boy - Replied Oct 18, 2005

dont misss barcelona. seriously.
    he knows hed have fun, thats why hes jaded.

T.T Boy - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  6. imported_Europe - Replied Oct 18, 2005

Sounds like a great plan, wish I could go too.
    Oh, and I got all the Copenhagen info you'll want.

7. MrJackDaniels

MrJackDaniels 12oz Member

MrJackDaniels - Replied Oct 18, 2005

Amsterdam?

your actually going ahead and doing this??
    wow!

MrJackDaniels - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  8. SteveAustin

SteveAustin 12oz Veteran Member

SteveAustin - Replied Oct 18, 2005

agreed.
    I might be in Germany round the same time as you dazzle.

SteveAustin - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  9. imported_El Mamerro - Replied Oct 18, 2005

Dude, you're totally missing out on Bulgaria.

10. se_FOUR

se_FOUR 12oz Senior Member

se_FOUR - Replied Oct 18, 2005

Oi don`t be coming down South u Northern monkey

se_FOUR - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  11. se_FOUR

se_FOUR 12oz Senior Member

se_FOUR - Replied Oct 18, 2005

Oh I gots money if ur bird lets out ;)

se_FOUR - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  12. fatbastard

fatbastard 12oz Elite Member

fatbastard - Replied Oct 18, 2005

You dont have an approximate time of when you'll be in london?

fatbastard - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  13. saraday

saraday 12oz Senior Member

saraday - Replied Oct 18, 2005

glad to see you've included portugal and prague on your trip. i plan on going on a trip similar to this after i graduate college.

sheesh, that might be a long way from now.

edit: HAH, i wont be graduating with grammar like that!

saraday - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  14. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

Weapon X - Replied Oct 18, 2005

Oh man, you've given me a goal to shoot for. I was sorta sold when you said "Stalingrad Museum". I was planning on going to India next year, but instead that has been pushed back to '07.

Oh, wait - my bro gets married early June. I have to be there for that.

Weapon X - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  15. Locofanclub

Locofanclub 12oz Veteran Member

Locofanclub - Replied Oct 18, 2005

Gotta get to Bruxelles...join the infamous Gare Du Nord Spotters!

Locofanclub - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages: