Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

etch a sketch

Discussion in 'Brick Slayers' started by inkjunkie34, Nov 1, 2001.

1. inkjunkie34

inkjunkie34 Senior Member

http://www.yourphotos.com/users/6172/thumbnails/set12ozsk.jpg'>

[img]http://www.yourphotos.com/users/6172/thumbnails/gin.jpg'>

2. d-town_bomber

d-town_bomber Veteran Member

3. Wizard-of-Oz

Wizard-of-Oz New Jack

here u go buddy...

http://www.yourphotos.com/users/6172/thumbnails/th_set12ozsk.jpg'>
    [img]http://www.yourphotos.com/users/6172/thumbnails/th_gin.jpg'>
    maybe next time u wann get the enlarged image of them.. there too small ...

4. iCEBERG

iCEBERG Senior Member

ohhh boi another fuckin great post of dead link and little red x's, *bump*

5. OMARNYCAKASW1

OMARNYCAKASW1 Senior Member

6. REGULATOR

REGULATOR Elite Member

it would be savage if some one can do a peice on etch a sketch

7. AugustSpies

AugustSpies New Jack

dude I did a rad etch a sketch picture of a robot saying my tag.. or a very simplified version of it.

8. Xeroshoes

Xeroshoes Senior Member

dammit, i was looking forward to seeing some etch a sketch work.

a far as the non-etch-a-sketches go, blehg... line are too unsteady, bars are uneven, certain lines are way darker than others, i guess theres some decent ideas in there but theyre implemented poorly....just keep practicing

9. inkjunkie34

inkjunkie34 Senior Member

sorry about the size of these...i'm sorry but the bars arent uneven

10. blahblahblah

blahblahblah Veteran Member

xeroshoes: this isn't directed entirely toward you but to all of the people like you who constantly say " the lines are uneven" or "the shading is wrong" or "that line is darker than the other"......FUCK YOU! If someone sketches a piece, unless you are one of those people that prides themselves on having some amazing, time consuming sketchbook, all you care about is having the letters the way you want them. Who the fuck cares if a line is alittle wavy or dark. Over analyzing shit only get's YOU frustrated. When i draw in my book, color is almost not an option. Having super clean pen lines and no eraser marks MEANS NOTHING TO ME and i would imagine (and hope) that other people feel the same way. Come on people, it's just graffiti. Your book is not going to be in a gallery. only thing that matters are your ideas. People that pride themselves on thinking they know shit about art (probably the same people who claim that a sketch sucks if, god forbid, a line is wavy) know that sometimes it'snot the product, but the means at which you achieve that product. by the way, so this isn't all editorial and off subject: i don't really like the sketches all that much, but more power to you for having ideas and no trying to over beautify that idea. thank you, you may sit down now.

11. suburbian bum

suburbian bum 12oz Loyalist

If you did a peice on an etch a sketch it would have to be a oneliner.

12. ogrBDC

ogrBDC Junior Member

that definately is not an etch-a-sketch. why are there digitally erased parts? i see an un even bar.ha

13. dr. frink one

dr. frink one Elite Member

i like the first one. I just like it. plain and simple.

14. Xeroshoes

Xeroshoes Senior Member

I understand what your saying, but it's really a matter of opinion. I personally like to make my blackbook pieces clean and outlined, occasionally colored in. Since I feel that way about my own sketchbook work, I was just giving him some advice to make the piece look better. I don't think those mistakes I pointed out make the piece suck, he just needs more practice overall, but i pointed them out because if he so chose, he could take my advice and implement it in his sketches to clean them up, because it looks to me like he spent some time making those a good representation of his ability. If he in fact regards the sketchbook the way you do, then he doesn't have to listen to me. It's all opinions.