1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Equilibrium - the movie

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Pilau Hands, Sep 28, 2003.

1. Pilau Hands

Pilau Hands Guest

Equilibrium - the movie

Discussion started by Pilau Hands - Sep 28, 2003

Alright, I'm not really sure why Dimension released this film with really little marketing and limited release. Maybe they thought the comparisons to the Matrix would hurt it, so they weren't expecting anything great...but goddamn.

If you have not seen this movie, and are a fan of action movies, go rent it NOW. It stars Christian Bale [American Psycho], Tae Diggs, and others. The overall movie is pretty cookie cutter, the dialogue isn't outstanding, plot holes, effects fall short sometimes...

BUT!

The fight scenes are out of confuckingtrol. The fight choreographer was Jim Vickers, a name that didn't ring any bells for me, but damnit he did a good job.

Go see it.
    Handle that.

2. Pilau Hands

Pilau Hands Guest

Pilau Hands - Replied Sep 28, 2003

3. imported_El Mamerro - Replied Sep 28, 2003

This movie is fucking awesome. Totally redefined the concept of gunfighting. It has a B movie feel to it, but the action is so badass you won't even care.

4. metallix

metallix 12oz Elite Member

metallix - Replied Sep 28, 2003

IM GLAD TO HERE IM NOT THE ONLY FAN! This movie was totally OUT there in terms of story, and concept.

The political tie ins and everything in this movie are absolutely amazing. I loved how a lot of the government philosophy ties in perfectly with real life politics, sometimes even making you think!!!

My favorite aspects were the soldiers in latex outfits and black masks. The fight scenes top it off as well, and then the end when the revolution begins.

Its great to see when the guerillas strom the "bastille" and take the soldiers/palace.

Seeing the prolibrium (drug) factory blow up is nice too. I love it when the lie detector signals the revolution to begin.

TOTALLY AWESOME MOVIE. IF ANYONE HAS A BOOTLEGG GET IN TOUCH WITH ME IMMEDIATELY!!

THIS MOVIE RECEIVED A LOT OF MARKETING IN EUROPE. IT CAME OUT THIS SUMMER AUGUST 2003 IN EUROPE AND WAS AWESOME THERE. I CANT BELIEVE IN THE USA THEY DIDNT SHOW IT SO MUCH!!

metallix - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  5. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

-Rage- - Replied Sep 28, 2003

It was okay.

Pretty much just a rip off of Fahrenhiet 451 and The Matrix. Although I must admit, some of those fight scenes were nuts.

-Rage- - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages: