Equilibrium - the movie

Guest Pilau Hands

Guest Pilau Hands

Alright, I'm not really sure why Dimension released this film with really little marketing and limited release. Maybe they thought the comparisons to the Matrix would hurt it, so they weren't expecting anything great...but goddamn.

If you have not seen this movie, and are a fan of action movies, go rent it NOW. It stars Christian Bale [American Psycho], Tae Diggs, and others. The overall movie is pretty cookie cutter, the dialogue isn't outstanding, plot holes, effects fall short sometimes...

BUT!

The fight scenes are out of confuckingtrol. The fight choreographer was Jim Vickers, a name that didn't ring any bells for me, but damnit he did a good job.

Go see it.

Handle that.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_El Mamerro

This movie is fucking awesome. Totally redefined the concept of gunfighting. It has a B movie feel to it, but the action is so badass you won't even care.

IM GLAD TO HERE IM NOT THE ONLY FAN! This movie was totally OUT there in terms of story, and concept.

The political tie ins and everything in this movie are absolutely amazing. I loved how a lot of the government philosophy ties in perfectly with real life politics, sometimes even making you think!!!

My favorite aspects were the soldiers in latex outfits and black masks. The fight scenes top it off as well, and then the end when the revolution begins.

Its great to see when the guerillas strom the "bastille" and take the soldiers/palace.

Seeing the prolibrium (drug) factory blow up is nice too. I love it when the lie detector signals the revolution to begin.

TOTALLY AWESOME MOVIE. IF ANYONE HAS A BOOTLEGG GET IN TOUCH WITH ME IMMEDIATELY!!

THIS MOVIE RECEIVED A LOT OF MARKETING IN EUROPE. IT CAME OUT THIS SUMMER AUGUST 2003 IN EUROPE AND WAS AWESOME THERE. I CANT BELIEVE IN THE USA THEY DIDNT SHOW IT SO MUCH!!