duh-rye-won

you got the word "fact".

and you got the word "fiction"

but then you also have "non-factual"

and "non-fiction"

what is the fucking point?

i "threw" a bitch out of my apartment.

T H R E W

really, i pushed her "through" the window.

T H R O U G H

it was a "rough" night.

R O U G H

what kind of fucking sense does this make? the english language is bullshit. my chinese girlfriend is trying to learn, and the more i see it from an outside perspective, i'm realizing that english is fucking retarded.

i think we should start over. spell shit the way it sounds. eliminate a whole lot of fucking useless words. add some new ones.

it's also not helping that she's learning english from a brittish guy. she spelled "color", "colour", and i almost beat her. i told her if she ever calls an elevator a "lift", or garbage "rubbish", or a guy a "bloke", i'll be forced to strangle her.

as soon as MEROJUANA.COM takes off i think mero can help me redo the english language in a way that makes some fucking sense.

-goose

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by iquit@Jun 7 2005, 03:43 PM

it's also not helping that she's learning english from a brittish guy. she spelled "color", "colour", and i almost beat her. i told her if she ever calls an elevator a "lift", or garbage "rubbish", or a guy a "bloke", i'll be forced to strangle her.

it's spelt colour. he's teaching her that way because he's english. they invented the language, remember?

english, whether the right way or the british way, is definitely inconsistent.

a classic:

i before e, except after c

but ok in neighbor and weigh

leisure?

seizure?

why call it a rule. its clearly not. but then, i don't care... i speak it real good like, and since the rest of the world has to learn english, i can be lazy and not learn their languages. hahaha. silly bastards.

english seems easy to me, but i feel what iquit and thegoon is saying when you look at it from a non-ethnocentric standpoint... a lot of inconsistent "rules" and shit. this asian chick i knew spoke pretty good english and was good at putting an "s" at the end of a word when speaking in the plural tense... but then she said "genitaliaS" and "fecal matterS", and i had to explain to her that even though you're talking about it plurally, you leave the s out on those words. she asked me why and i couldn't explain it. it's just the way english is.

English is one of the hardest languages to learn thanks to our many retarted, useless and redundant words and rules...

I need to learn chinese so when they take over the world I can be down.

I like the chinese word for computer. Electric-Brain!