engaged.

boxcarwilly

hey kids,

i just got engaged, and i wanted to share my fucking elation with all the people i know from here.

holy shit is jobe saying he is happy???

shes got a killer ring. a killer heart. and shes got me.

its kind of insane. completely unexpected completely insane. well seeing as i can babble on and on about it...

just tell me congratulations and maybe if you are worth it, you can be invited to the wedding and buy us presents.

jobeone.fuckbachelorhood.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

devilush... sn: threeredrazors

thanks everyone, keep making me feel congratulated MOTHAFUCKAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beardo: its definately a change in the right directions. its something like an anchor, and a validation for everything else that has come up, the past the fuckups the bullshit. but its good. real good.

Originally posted by ERIZENO

congrats and good luck !!

i am about to ask myself ... have the plan for june ... but i will be asking the parents with in the next two weeks !!! aaaaahhhhhhh

even tho i completely agree with that approach, and feel like a shitfuck for not persuing it, everyone we have told so far understands why we did it somewhat surprisingly, her mom cried my mom cried, and we figured theyre gonna cry either way might as well get it done because its something that you cant be talked out of... not that we could be talked out of it, its better in my mind to do it as irrationally and romantic as possible.... and think about where and when because its a huge point in writing the autobiography of two people.

i have been with her for 4 years ... its expected we will do it, its when not if ... so i have a dope plan ... i dont want to share the details ... she comes thru here some times too. dont want to spoil the fun. i was looking for christmas gifts and i bounced into this idea. i have to agree it has to more than just randomly dropping to one knee and asking.

her parents will be cool with it ... i just need to ask ... we live in CA & her parents are in MN. we are going there next week for 10 days and that will be my only chance with her parents before the planed date comes up.

im stoked ... i will share the deal when we get there !!!!

again good luck !!

Originally posted by J.HollaBack

do you guys really think its still important to ask the ladies parents for permission these days?

(not being a smart ass, just wondering the general opinion of you guys)

does it always apply you think, or is it just respectful or by culture?

speak up...

i think its noble if the situation permits, but sometimes it can royally fuck things up, believe me i would have loved to tell her dad and let him know my intentions etc, it just wasnt the right situation.

but it definately adds some romance to the sitch.

With being with her for 4 years i have found out over time what style, cut, band material and everything she likes ... so either guess or be sly and ask for parts of the answer here and there.

i have a friend whos father is a jeweler by trade so im set !!!! i just need to get the ball rolling soon .

boxcarwilly,

i remember a while ago, things weren't going so great for you..i am really happy to hear that things are looking up and that you're happy..

congratulations and good luck!!

awesome news.

so many people i know (or sorta know in a way) are getting or have gotten married + kids.

very cool...