1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

ends with -ation

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by japillahan, Sep 28, 2005.

1. japillahan

japillahan 12oz Senior Member

ends with -ation

Discussion started by japillahan - Sep 28, 2005

i remember borrowing a friend's camera when i was smaller and making toymation movies. they were just the image with whatever background sounds it might have happened to have caught (i pushed record/stop really fast for slides) which actually sounded kind of cool sometimes... but anyway, ive been wanting to start doing that again but i dont know what kind of equipment i would need...

for thos of you on the oz who dont like reading i am asking this

for those of you who have made animations with objects like toys or clay, what kind of camera did you use? do normal (cheap) camcorders have a slide-by-slide movie-taker? i knew a guy with a stop-animation feature on his webcam but i'm looking for a good picture...

[​IMG]
    i got the idea after watching this in alice's wonderland (totally amazing) but after watching it again with my head back in reality i realised that alot of it was just angular shots and really simple animation...good rhythm, but i digress....

anybody else care to share?(when/if i make movies i might try to share them)

japillahan - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  2. mr.yuck

mr.yuck 12oz Veteran Member

mr.yuck - Replied Sep 28, 2005

I dont know if you are trying to go digital or not. If not, because i hate technology i have an old school 8mm camera at the crib that either does single frame pictures or regular record. If you do want digital you are going to have to find some one else.

mr.yuck - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  3. japillahan

japillahan - Replied Sep 28, 2005

p.s. time lapse photograpy is awesome too..especially watching plants grow or anything else we couldnt sit and look at for several days/weeks...

anybody know anything bout this?

4. japillahan

japillahan - Replied Sep 28, 2005

i'm guessing i should go digital because i have no means of cutting and editing..

5. mr.yuck

Yeah if you are doing time lapse on things such as flowers growing you are gonna want to set the timer on the camera to take a picture something like every hour or its gonna make for a really long movie. I think its something like 16 frames per second if i remember right.

6. __ __ __ __

__ __ __ __ 12oz Elite Member

__ __ __ __ - Replied Sep 28, 2005

ationation?

__ __ __ __ - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  7. shai

shai Dirty Dozen Crew

shai - Replied Sep 28, 2005

Most animation is 24 to 26 frames a second for realistic action, but for stop motion you can get away with 4 to 8 frames a second.

There's some apps out there that will sequence and timecode digital stills into a short movie. Don't ask me though, ask Google.

shai - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  8. WetPussy

WetPussy 12oz Junior Member

WetPussy - Replied Sep 28, 2005

MASTERBATION!

WetPussy - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  9. Hokus

Hokus 12oz Member

Hokus - Replied Sep 28, 2005

claymation and time laps shit is really cool..

Hokus - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  10. mr.yuck

Back when i was in like....5th grade maybe. My boy next door made a stop motion movie with legos. He built a house brick by brick and then built some cars and had people walking around. I thought it was cool as shit and was my first exposure to the subject.

11. Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus 12oz Senior Member

Biggus Dickus - Replied Sep 29, 2005

A digital SLR would be optimum for this, but any digital camera where you can manual focus and set aperture & shutter manually would work fine really. If you have an automatic camera expect to spend the rest of your life matching brightness / contrast / white balance between frames.

I've actually been thinking about messing around with this lately, but my camera only shoots RAW files so I'd end up with 256MB of source files for every 4 seconds of animation. Kind of a bitch to work with.

Biggus Dickus - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages: