Endless Summer

Guest Pilau Hands

Guest Pilau Hands

http://www.surfart.com/artists/Hammersveld/SUMMER.gif'>

No, not the movie, though that rocks. You should rent that. It is a movie, released in 1964 about three american surfers who went around the world in search of the perfect wave. Cop that. Anyway, you know my steez. Here comes the ramble.

Summer's coming. As far as the weather's concerned, it's here already. 90?! Time for slippers and shorts fo shnozo. But one thing bothers me. All year most of us are busy as hell. Depending on your preference or need, there's school, or work, or drug use. That just takes up so much time. If you can afford to stop working for a while, take vacations, or even weekend trips, I usually see two choices: either spend it lounging or spend it doing. After working at whatever all year, sometimes you just want to relax, but for me that gets old at like the second week in. I tried to teach myself a while ago that if I was bored, it was probably my fault. I need something to do. Get up and go juice! I like projects in general. The word project tacked on to anything makes it sound more important. "What are you doing now?" "Oh I'm about to take part in the Shower Project, then I think I'll whip up some Breakfast Project!"

This is on my mind partly because of the "things you always wanted to do thread". I want to carve a walking stick, paint a series of huge wooden boards I found, install things, try to surf, photo documentary of things I've stepped in, more more get some ideas ideas blahblahblah. Anyone out there feel this way, or am I eating the pepperoni and pepperjack cheese by myself?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest --zeSto--

at least ride the bike to work.

I've got some serious work to do one the bike.

The whole handlebar is comming off, to be replaced with

a much thinner one. All the better to squeeze through trafic.

Guest Pilau Hands

"i'm stuck at this job 40 hours a week..."

what kine sammiches you like?

i'll bring da pahty tah you

this one board is crapping out.

i love painting on wood specifically because (it's free and...) with a thin layer, the wood design still shows through. however when i fuck up and have to put a second coat of paint on, it defeats the dang purpose.

almond popsicle bars!

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

as the summer dawns on us i cant help but be reminded of some simple things:

-THE WORST FUCKING ALLERGIES (this one is great, if you like to colect snot, but other than that it sucks)

-Working 40 ish hours a week so i can afford school

-getting the biggest frapachino (caramel) that starbucks sells and enjoying it on my 1 hour lunchbreak

-getting summer paychecks

-shopping always fun in the summer for some reason

-Painting (anything, fr8's especially)

-walking with dry feet (i always have wet feet in the winter)

- and finally to be able to get drunk on a beach, pass out sleep wherever...and not haveing to worry about dying of pheunmonia(sp?)

how about yours ?

Oh yeah, late summer nights with girls ummmmmm hell yes

*cues up diamond d's 'the projects'*

heh

i really dont understand the point in this post.. is it just about summer plans?

we've had 2 hot days.. and im already missing winter :

as for my plans.

work (month 3 of the job serach... wtf?)

maybe some light hopping

paint.

go places and paint.

organize my records.

sell my comicbooks.

go to my cousin's wedding.

ummm... yeah.

read

Guest Pilau Hands

basically that's the idea vanity. i didn't make it clear i guess.

as a kid my cousins and i would usually pick one project to work on all summer and i try to keep it up in my old age. we built a large fort once that took us all summer. saved money, went to home depot, nails, hammers, the works. it eventually got turned into a tool shed, then a weight bench, now a dog house. another time we tried to build a canoe...failed. collect Marvel comic cards, blah blah. nevermind.

Guest --zeSto--

Frosty .... HAPPY DAY ... untill tomorrow.

So here's my summer projects (as if you guys care)

Edit this entire anime series.

Fix up my bike!

Move into the appt above the jazz club.

Consolidate all my junk (like selling off old comics)

Recycle every thing that I dont use.

Rent a boat with some friends and sail around.

Guest willy.wonka

i need some oldschool surf music right about now....my summer will consist of north shore..."jump off the rock"

sandy beach

makapu'u beach

well, a lot of beach stuff.....

but my nights will be filled with drinking,BBQs,hotel parties,hopefully walkin into the ocean with chicks under a full moon..that shit turns me on.....eating oysters with chicks while luaghing with the boys....

friday night..shoodoop oooooh...good to gooo'O...out on punanaaay patrol...oooh hey hey....wooo'Ooo'woah...friday night punanay patrol.

Guest --zeSto--

Hawaii is the endless summer...

The midwestern states are the eternal bummer.

I live up north where girls give the hummer.

im a go to the beach and hang around being a lazy bitch kinda girl..wait im lazy all year round. waterfights too. and loungin around the house in my bathing suit shorts and tennis shoes.i went to the beach today it was good. all gloomy and cloudy. and i gotta find me a g-o-b job

Guest Pilau Hands

platapie my ninja...i'm not sure.

to put my business out there for everyone...

i had planned to go to paris with the significant other this summer...and take her to hawaii to drive around and have adventures with, but sometimes it looks like neither will happen because of money and time demands. my only female cousin is getting married, and that means family may be crowding all the homesteads. if it comes down to it happening, i might not even have a place for the girl to stay. sometimes my family can be shady about relationship stayers. I just get this sheisty feeling sometimes...pisses me off. i'll probably make it out there myself this summer, with or without girlpiece, but no definite tour date has been set. i'll let you know if i'm falling down.

Archived