Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Endless Summer

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Pilau Hands, Apr 16, 2002.

1. Pilau Hands

Pilau Hands Guest

http://www.surfart.com/artists/Hammersveld/SUMMER.gif'>
    No, not the movie, though that rocks. You should rent that. It is a movie, released in 1964 about three american surfers who went around the world in search of the perfect wave. Cop that. Anyway, you know my steez. Here comes the ramble.

Summer's coming. As far as the weather's concerned, it's here already. 90?! Time for slippers and shorts fo shnozo. But one thing bothers me. All year most of us are busy as hell. Depending on your preference or need, there's school, or work, or drug use. That just takes up so much time. If you can afford to stop working for a while, take vacations, or even weekend trips, I usually see two choices: either spend it lounging or spend it doing. After working at whatever all year, sometimes you just want to relax, but for me that gets old at like the second week in. I tried to teach myself a while ago that if I was bored, it was probably my fault. I need something to do. Get up and go juice! I like projects in general. The word project tacked on to anything makes it sound more important. "What are you doing now?" "Oh I'm about to take part in the Shower Project, then I think I'll whip up some Breakfast Project!"

This is on my mind partly because of the "things you always wanted to do thread". I want to carve a walking stick, paint a series of huge wooden boards I found, install things, try to surf, photo documentary of things I've stepped in, more more get some ideas ideas blahblahblah. Anyone out there feel this way, or am I eating the pepperoni and pepperjack cheese by myself?

2. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

http://www.netgoth.org.uk/people/8573.jpg'>
    "the winter is better because i am scary and thats the bottom line :( "

3. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

I'm all over the bike!

4. NATO

NATO Guest

ha ha

5. KASTsystem

KASTsystem Member

word. too bad i can't bike nearly as much as i would like to since i'm stuck at this job 40 hours a week...:(

6. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

at least ride the bike to work.

I've got some serious work to do one the bike.
    The whole handlebar is comming off, to be replaced with
    a much thinner one. All the better to squeeze through trafic.

7. Pilau Hands

Pilau Hands Guest

"i'm stuck at this job 40 hours a week..."

what kine sammiches you like?
    i'll bring da pahty tah you

this one board is crapping out.
    i love painting on wood specifically because (it's free and...) with a thin layer, the wood design still shows through. however when i fuck up and have to put a second coat of paint on, it defeats the dang purpose.

almond popsicle bars!
    weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

8. kaesthebluntedwonder

kaesthebluntedwonder Elite Member

well, time go work on the ol "ride the bike around the loop and scope out the hunnies" project

9. sneak

sneak Guest

10. TEE_rase_war

TEE_rase_war Senior Member

as the summer dawns on us i cant help but be reminded of some simple things:

-THE WORST FUCKING ALLERGIES (this one is great, if you like to colect snot, but other than that it sucks)
    -Working 40 ish hours a week so i can afford school
    -getting the biggest frapachino (caramel) that starbucks sells and enjoying it on my 1 hour lunchbreak
    -getting summer paychecks
    -shopping always fun in the summer for some reason
    -Painting (anything, fr8's especially)
    -walking with dry feet (i always have wet feet in the winter)
    - and finally to be able to get drunk on a beach, pass out sleep wherever...and not haveing to worry about dying of pheunmonia(sp?)

how about yours ?

Oh yeah, late summer nights with girls ummmmmm hell yes

11. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

*cues up diamond d's 'the projects'*

heh

i really dont understand the point in this post.. is it just about summer plans?

we've had 2 hot days.. and im already missing winter :

as for my plans.
    work (month 3 of the job serach... wtf?)
    maybe some light hopping
    paint.
    go places and paint.
    organize my records.
    sell my comicbooks.
    go to my cousin's wedding.
    ummm... yeah.
    read

12. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

Thank you for posting! You will now be taken to your post. If the administrator has selected to moderate all posts in this forum, you will be taken back to the forum and your post will be displayed presently. If you opted to post a poll, you will now be allowed to do so.

13. Pilau Hands

Pilau Hands Guest

basically that's the idea vanity. i didn't make it clear i guess.

as a kid my cousins and i would usually pick one project to work on all summer and i try to keep it up in my old age. we built a large fort once that took us all summer. saved money, went to home depot, nails, hammers, the works. it eventually got turned into a tool shed, then a weight bench, now a dog house. another time we tried to build a canoe...failed. collect Marvel comic cards, blah blah. nevermind.

14. FROSTY

FROSTY Senior Member

Its my birthday today, and shit
    http://www.stephaniepiro.com/images/46.%20Mad%20Snowman.jpg'>

so today I will try and be happy
    [img]http://www.stephaniepiro.com/images/45.%20Happy%20Snowman.jpg'>

but tommorow i wont be!

15. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

Frosty .... HAPPY DAY ... untill tomorrow.

So here's my summer projects (as if you guys care)

Edit this entire anime series.
    Fix up my bike!
    Move into the appt above the jazz club.
    Consolidate all my junk (like selling off old comics)
    Recycle every thing that I dont use.
    Rent a boat with some friends and sail around.