Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

ENAMELIZED diecast train by Maisto Intl Inc.

Discussion in 'Style' started by Ko SprueOne, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Ko SprueOne

Ko SprueOne Senior Member

[​IMG]

ENAMELIZED diecast train by Maisto Intl, Inc.

Released last summer 2006, by Maisto Custom Shop. These are the six toy freight train cars of the, ENAMELIZED Graffiti Diecast Train Collection, series one. The six names are; SMITH, CYCLE, JASE, CENSE, AREK, and CON. Each name printed on both sides of their own car. Five of the cars are boxcars and the sixth is a hopper.

I finally found one in a comic book shop and bought it. Carefully removing it from the blister pack, then setting them up next to other trains of different scales, I started taking pictures and measurements. I read a lot of forum posts regarding this series but I wanted to see scale comparisons and details, so here it is. Click on images for larger view.

Profile pictures of each can be viewed on the Maisto website, with their product search at: www.maisto.com

SCALE
    Their press release reads, "... approximately 1:131 scale replica...", which seems about right. Click on the images to see the larger view of the scale comparisons of common hobby train scales, HO and N scale. The enamelized train is 4.5 inches or (11.43 cm) in length. You can see the enamelized diecasts are between the two scales and not compatible with existing train layouts running on the same line.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The "graffiti" on two of the trains, CON and SMITH, look too large and out of scale for the car it's printed on. CYCLE might be also, but it looks reasonable. Click on the image to see the digitally altered image of what scale size it should be, based on the picture/history card included in each pack.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

QUALITY, MATERIAL and DETAIL
    I rate these average. They look like scale freight train replicas at the same quality and detail level as other diecast replicas of the price range. They don't look and feel like clunky, chunky toys, but are not hobby grade, accurate, scale models either. The doors are molded closed and do not operate. All ladders, grab handles, brake wheel and rivets are shallow and molded on the one piece box. The wheel and suspension assemblies articulate with typical plastic couplers. The upper box is diecast metal and the carriage, wheels and assemblies are plastic, which make it top heavy. The piece of track and bedding is injection molded in one piece in black plastic.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

With exception to the "graffiti" names, all of the boxcars have the same information deco printed on each one.
    For example all are;
    Cushion Underframe
    B & O
    482672, and all of the small print information on the right side.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

PACKAGING
    Four piece thermal formed blister pack with a two piece cardboard color deco insert.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

injury likes this.
  2. TURBO DOG

TURBO DOG Member

dang thats fucking weird

3. ~KRYLON2~

~KRYLON2~ 12oz Loyalist

i'd buy it but i dont own a train set

4. Ko SprueOne

Re: ENAMELIZED diecast scale model train by Maisto

they are sort of interesting idea.
    You don't need an existing train set. The enamelized trains are not compatible with existing railroad scale tracks or collections anyway. pretty lame . I'd buy the whole series if I can find more in the stores.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2007
  5. Ko SprueOne

CENSE : ENAMELIZED diecast train by Maisto Intl Inc.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The CENSE Enamelized Graffiti Train car is a hopper. But the card that is included shows a picture of what looks to me to be a container carrier, not a hopper. Anyway, here it is with detail shots.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Two linked up look like this.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

These pics are of the bottom of the injection molded plastic track and bedding, to show the connection bosses.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2007
  6. JuelzSantana

JuelzSantana Senior Member

all this graffiti on stuff (other than waslls) being sold is starting to get me realy mad

7. Tuff Tone

Tuff Tone Elite Member

8. DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONER

DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONER 12oz Royalty

I hope Cense and Smith and whoever else is getting paid for this.

9. holy roller.

holy roller. Elite Member

10. GucciCondom

GucciCondom Veteran Member

Yeah Cense that's what's up.

11. Ko SprueOne

Found the other four at a model kit/toy swap meet

CON

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Ko SprueOne

13. Ko SprueOne

JASE

the prototype picture on the card is from a Plate F car. Not the type of car that Maisto put it on. Howerver, it is scaled a little more accurately than the others in this series

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Mr. Incognito

Mr. Incognito Senior Member

I found all of these at a bargain outlet for 2 bucks apiece a few years ago...All but the SMITH one.

15. Ko SprueOne

Good find.
    2 bucks is about the going rate for these right now.