EMPTY CANS??

Guest jeff123456

Guest jeff123456

SOMEONE IN A PREVIOUS POST SAID THAT LEAVEING UR EMPTY CANS

IN THE YARD OR WHATEVER SAID THAT IT MESSED UP THE SCENE...??

HOW THE HELL DOES IT DO THAT...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I'm in the mood to give a straight answer to what appears to many to be a dumb question.

Freights roll around a lot. Most people see graffiti on trains and don't wonder where it was done. Or they assume it was done somewhere else and just rolled in. This is true of railroad workers and rail cops - UNLESS YOU LEAVE EVIDENCE TO THE CONTRARY. Such as your empty paint cans, right next to the painted train. Or your bombing of stationary objects - walls, "dead" cars or cabooses that never move, other RR equipment, the bridge at one end of the yard, etc. If you do those things, then workers and cops know that trains get painted RIGHT THERE, and gee whiz, their next step might be to DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, like raid the spot, patrol it more often, install surveillance cameras, etc.

You might argue that workers would have to be dumb not to know a certain spot was getting painted, even if nobody leaves cans behind as evidence. The spot gets crushed so often that they'd have to notice the sheer number of pieces, and maybe even the smell of recent work sometimes. Here's the rest of the story: many workers don't care. They DO care about slipping and falling on empty paint cans while engaged in the dangerous job of jogging alongside moving trains. So if you treat them with disrespect by making their job more dangerous, they might report the fact that the spot gets painted to the rail police or town police. But if you're courteous enough to take your trash with you, many workers won't report anything - ESPECIALLY if you avoid painting over the car numbers and load limits, which they need for their job.

If you take your empty cans with you, and throw them away somewhere else, it will stay chill longer to paint at that spot. Most writers want that.

I might add that if you're from a big city, and the only freight spots you know are littered with empty cans, and the walls nearby are crushed with graff, and you get chased out of the spot every other night by cops, obviously it's too late to avoid attracting attention, so this rule becomes unimportant. But most places people paint aren't like that, so they want to keep it on the down low for as long as possible.

cracked has it down, a worker here tells me that it isnt his job to hunt down writers, but it pisses him off when hes running along side a train at night to release a brake and he steps on a can, bad things can happen, sprained ankles, head injuries and death if he manages to fall onto the tracks and underneath the train hes working on. if a worker dies because of some ignorant fucks inability to pick up after himself, there is definately going to be a whole new world of "heat" coming to the particular yard...every now and then i go into the local yard and bring a trash bag, i pick up all the cans i can see lying around, and unfortunately there are alot from people who have no idea about the dangers of being around trains and the possibilty of heating the yard out. the workers are cool with me because i help them out in that way, plus i talk with them about my life and how things are going and what im up to sans writing...in turn they tell me about theyre lives and a bond grows between me and the workers...so yes, it bothers me when people leave cans in yards, its not smart at all and has absolutely no benifits, please note, i dont advise talking with workers at all unless you are also a fan of sorts and can act maturely around adults with manners and shit...the way you dress around workers too also reflects their image of you, so before some new comer to freights goes and talks with yard workers because of what i wrote keep that in mind...the yard where i live is particularlly small with only a single 12 hour shift of 3 workers...i know them all very well...in larger yards they might just kick you out, or you might have to deal with a bull....

not to mention the fact that these cans are toxic waste. the idea of just throwing them into some bush or leaving them piled around a train yard is rediculous. there are ways to dispose of harmfull materials responcibly. i dont want to agrivate anybody by saying so but littering really is childish.

Guest CPT.BASS

yo dog.... you should keep your cans at the spot so you can see how many cans you can go through in a year.....and then when you are done you can make a giant piramid out of your empty cans.....that would be sweet......

Originally posted by ASER1NE

ya werd up to sector , i was just in the yard tontie and all the cans had been cleaned up into a shopping cart

and by the way , these cans are not " toxic waste " , theyre aluminum.

You're right. Metals like aluminum undergo a process called oxidization, and they decompose. In the example of the paint can, when this decomposes, the contents will find themselves free to leak into the ground. In the case of spray paint, we're talking about chemicals like xylene, toluene, acetone, and oher such toxic solvents. Throwing paint products on the ground to decompose when they contain harmful chemicals is otherwise known as toxic waste. Place these near an aquifer or residential areas with wells, and you create a health problem. Not to mention that a piece of rusted metal puncturing your shoe isn't that good for our constitution, either. Tetanus shots suck ass.

Originally posted by HAL

You're right. Metals like aluminum undergo a process called oxidization, and they decompose. In the example of the paint can, when this decomposes, the contents will find themselves free to leak into the ground. In the case of spray paint, we're talking about chemicals like xylene, toluene, acetone, and oher such toxic solvents. Throwing paint products on the ground to decompose when they contain harmful chemicals is otherwise known as toxic waste. Place these near an aquifer or residential areas with wells, and you create a health problem. Not to mention that a piece of rusted metal puncturing your shoe isn't that good for our constitution, either. Tetanus shots suck ass.

well i'll be a monkeys uncle , but i was referring to the immediate effects , which are not toxic , it would take years for the entire aluminum can to decompose into anything toxic.... and happen to seep into ground water , i dont know of many residential complex's that are built near yards....and obviously paint aint good for the enviro.................whatever , peace

CRacked and that other fucker are right, Hell i even pull out the old blade and give my emptys a little stab to really kill the can so whatever tiny amount of paint that still in the can drys up and the an rots faster. but basicly mang. TAKE YOUR TRASH WITH YOU. OR FIND A PLACE THAT YOU CAN GET RID OF THE CANS WITH OUT COMPROMISING YOUR SPOT. Its really not that hard. Dont make fr8s like the subway...

Originally posted by ASER1NE

well i'll be a monkeys uncle , but i was referring to the immediate effects , which are not toxic , it would take years for the entire aluminum can to decompose into anything toxic.... and happen to seep into ground water , i dont know of many residential complex's that are built near yards....and obviously paint aint good for the enviro.................whatever , peace

you dont know many residentials that are built near yards???

you've NEVER been around these states....... we've got assloads...... right in "urban residences"

Archived