emo.

charles_bronson

i was just wondering why everone hates emo so much. i was reading a magazine and they were really harsh when reviewing emo releases and they had a whole page dedicated to mocking emo. does anyone know why? its not like emo kids are assholes or do anything bad to anyone.

also who likes emo?

------------------

xxxstraightedgexxx

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I don't know why so many people are so diehard at hating emo and people who like it...

I like some Boy Sets Fire, but I haven't liked most of the other emo I've heard (I haven't heard much though, so I guess that doesn't mean much...)

Originally posted by charles_bronson:

i was just wondering why everone hates emo so much. i was reading a magazine and they were really harsh when reviewing emo releases and they had a whole page dedicated to mocking emo. does anyone know why? its not like emo kids are assholes or do anything bad to anyone.

also who likes emo?

xxxstraightedgexxx

with a username charles bronson, and you're trying to stick up for emo buddy? doesnt this seem a little odd to anyone else? personally i think you're probably an idiot. fuck you.

THE TERM ''EMO'' STEMS EMOTIONAL...MEANING PLAYING YOUR FUCKIN' HEART OUT.RECENTLY THOUGH ITS STEROTYPED ON THE FASHION[bLACK FRAME GLASSES,SWEATERS,TIGHT PANTS,ETC.].NOT THAT I AM AN ''EMO EXPERT'',BUT I PERSONALLY LOVE THE MUSIC OF ALOT OF BANDS.AT THE DRIVE IN WHICH IS EMOTIONAL PUNK[CHECK OUT THEIR 1999 RELEASE VAYA].BOY SETS FIRE,THURSDAY,INK AND DAGGER,GLASSJAW,FARSIDE,AND THISYEAR'SMODEL WHICH ARE CONSIDERED EMO/HARDCORE.EVEN THE STUFF WHICH IS VERY POP SOUNDING LIKE THE GETUP KIDS,REGGIE AND THE FULL EFFECT,AND THE ANNIVERSARY I DIG.LIFETIME IS KILLER... THINK ALOT OF PEOPLE HATE THE SCENE BECAUSE THEY THINK EVERYBODY THAT LISTENS TO IT HAS AN ATTITUDE BECAUSE OF THE ISSUES.I ALSO THINK IN THIS ''TUFF GUY,STARE EVERYBODY DOWN MENTALITY'' GOING AROUND IT IS UNEXCEPTABLE TO SHOW FEELINGS...''I HEARD THEY CRY ON STAGE,FUCK THAT''SAID ONE OF MY FRIENDS.ITS FUNNY THE METER OF BANDS CONSIDERED ''EMO''.LOOK AT KOUFAX[sOUNDS LIKE 70'S POP] COMPAIRED TO THE ASSISTANT[sCREAMO].FEW OF MY FRIENDS DIG ANY EMO AT ALL AND I'VE GONE TO SHOWS DOLO,FOR THE MUSIC NOT THE CROWD.THERE WERE NO ''MOSHPIT NINJAS'' DROP KICKING GIRLS[WHICH WAS NICE].''THIS IS A HARDCORE SHOW,NOT A FOOTBALL MATCH.WE'RE ALL GONNA HAVE A GOOD TIME''STRETCH ARMSTRONG.IN THE END YOU SHOULD LIKE WHAT APPEALS TO YOU NOT WHAT IS IN.I ALSO HEAR THAT ''EMO IS THE WORST MUSIC ON EARTH''BUT OH WELL,TO EACH HIS/HER OWN./XXX/

i love emo. doperoxxx music.

also, who cares if the kids name is Charles_Bronson. yeah we know its some band or guy whatever thing thats very harsh and hateful grind but does it matter? wow...hes open minded. i listen to emo to hardcore to death metal to drum and bass to hip hop. and my name on this has 666 in it. hmm..i guess i can only listen to the death metal. hahaha...just relaxor dood. peaceroxXXXxXxX

------------------

$$$666MAKROS666$$$

why is it a big deal that i have xxxstraighedgexxx as my signature and im sticking up for emo. ive been listening to emo for about 4 years and i also like to listen to grindcore, powerviolence, black metal and other types of music too.

i gree with kid furie, lables limit. i think that all music (like emo, punk, hardcore, etc.) should be consisdered rock and roll and be left at that.

------------------

xxxstraightedgexxx

Guest Pilau Hands

"powerviolence"

dude please explain this!

that is one of the funniest titles i've ever heard. when they were handing out names for genres, this had to be first in line

powerful and violent

hahaha

Originally posted by Pilau Hands:

"powerviolence"

dude please explain this!

that is one of the funniest titles i've ever heard. when they were handing out names for genres, this had to be first in line

powerful and violent

hahaha

I know a guy in England who e-mailed me about his band, he said it was "post-hardcore"

WHATEVER THE FUCK THAT'S SUPPOSED TO MEAN?!!!

Hehe.

Originally posted by charles_bronson:

...i also like to listen to grindcore, powerviolence, black metal and other types of music too.

Really? I'm into coregrindhardwoodmetalacidwashhatebathcore myself, but there's not a big scene in my town.

Other than that I basically listen to underoverplasticheadwafflerockafilly ... and country. Anyone else?

Originally posted by Raels:

Really? I'm into coregrindhardwoodmetalacidwashhatebathcore myself, but there's not a big scene in my town.

Other than that I basically listen to underoverplasticheadwafflerockafilly ... and country. Anyone else?

HEY RAELS YOU SHOULD QUIT YOUR DAY JOB AND TAKE UP STAND UP COMEDY....[sARCASM]

Originally posted by jerry only:

Originally posted by Raels:

HEY RAELS YOU SHOULD QUIT YOUR DAY JOB AND TAKE UP STAND UP COMEDY....[sARCASM]

I LIKE TO LISTEN TO THE SOUND OF KIDS PAINTING LEGAL AND MIDDLE OF NOWHERE SPOTS...

Originally posted by freddy kreuger:

i always thought all music had emotion put into it?

well, mabey not that techno crap.

yeah techno is crap... but, all music has emotion... maybe not all... not that gangster rap stuff "some foo capped my homie so i slapped a bitch and drank a forty"... well nevermind that does have emotion. he had to get it out by slapping his bitch.

------------------

Webster

What's wrong? I don't Bite.

the thing is, what the fuck is "emo?" Thats a name for high school scenesters. The music is rock n roll, not emo. Thats a label made up by some magazine somewhere. Quit writing 'zines and shit and just listen to music. Also, a lot "emo" kids are assholes. They are so elitist, and if you aren't wearing their clothes then you must suck and are not worthy to listen to "their" music. Well fuck them too. I'm friends with a lot of people that made that scene what it is and they're cool with me, even though I'm mostly a hip hop head. I like good music. Thats all it is. Anything labelled "emo" is probably not "emo". If a title must be assigned its probably indie rock, even though that term is hugely broad and covers all kinds of genres of music. If you ask anyone who has an "emo" band, they will look at you funny and wonder what the hell emo is. The Get Up Kids don't consider themselves emo, by the way. Neither do most bands. rainer maria, ethel meserve (not still together,but still great), low, the anniversary, Ida, whatever, they don't consider themselves "emo". Get off that word, it should be thrown away or burned or something.

Archived