1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

emo.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by charles_bronson, May 26, 2001.

1. charles_bronson

charles_bronson 12oz Senior Member

emo.

Discussion started by charles_bronson - May 26, 2001

i was just wondering why everone hates emo so much. i was reading a magazine and they were really harsh when reviewing emo releases and they had a whole page dedicated to mocking emo. does anyone know why? its not like emo kids are assholes or do anything bad to anyone.
    also who likes emo?

------------------
    xxxstraightedgexxx

charles_bronson - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  2. Tofu

Tofu 12oz Senior Member

Tofu - Replied May 26, 2001

I don't know why so many people are so diehard at hating emo and people who like it...
    I like some Boy Sets Fire, but I haven't liked most of the other emo I've heard (I haven't heard much though, so I guess that doesn't mean much...)

Tofu - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  3. kid furie

kid furie 12oz Senior Member

kid furie - Replied May 26, 2001

i don't even know what emo is...

kid furie - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  4. kid furie

kid furie 12oz Senior Member

kid furie - Replied May 26, 2001

labels limit

kid furie - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  5. FAT CHUJ

FAT CHUJ New Jack

FAT CHUJ - Replied May 27, 2001

xxxstraightedgexxx
    with a username charles bronson, and you're trying to stick up for emo buddy? doesnt this seem a little odd to anyone else? personally i think you're probably an idiot. fuck you.

FAT CHUJ - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  6. Pilau Hands

Pilau Hands Guest

Pilau Hands - Replied May 27, 2001

no no fuck you

7. dosoner

dosoner 12oz Elite Member

dosoner - Replied May 27, 2001

bright eyes is rad, i recomend you pick up anything you can find by bright eyes

dosoner - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  8. charlie dundar

charlie dundar 12oz Member

charlie dundar - Replied May 27, 2001

THE TERM ''EMO'' STEMS EMOTIONAL...MEANING PLAYING YOUR FUCKIN' HEART OUT.RECENTLY THOUGH ITS STEROTYPED ON THE FASHION[BLACK FRAME GLASSES,SWEATERS,TIGHT PANTS,ETC.].NOT THAT I AM AN ''EMO EXPERT'',BUT I PERSONALLY LOVE THE MUSIC OF ALOT OF BANDS.AT THE DRIVE IN WHICH IS EMOTIONAL PUNK[CHECK OUT THEIR 1999 RELEASE VAYA].BOY SETS FIRE,THURSDAY,INK AND DAGGER,GLASSJAW,FARSIDE,AND THISYEAR'SMODEL WHICH ARE CONSIDERED EMO/HARDCORE.EVEN THE STUFF WHICH IS VERY POP SOUNDING LIKE THE GETUP KIDS,REGGIE AND THE FULL EFFECT,AND THE ANNIVERSARY I DIG.LIFETIME IS KILLER... THINK ALOT OF PEOPLE HATE THE SCENE BECAUSE THEY THINK EVERYBODY THAT LISTENS TO IT HAS AN ATTITUDE BECAUSE OF THE ISSUES.I ALSO THINK IN THIS ''TUFF GUY,STARE EVERYBODY DOWN MENTALITY'' GOING AROUND IT IS UNEXCEPTABLE TO SHOW FEELINGS...''I HEARD THEY CRY ON STAGE,FUCK THAT''SAID ONE OF MY FRIENDS.ITS FUNNY THE METER OF BANDS CONSIDERED ''EMO''.LOOK AT KOUFAX[SOUNDS LIKE 70'S POP] COMPAIRED TO THE ASSISTANT[SCREAMO].FEW OF MY FRIENDS DIG ANY EMO AT ALL AND I'VE GONE TO SHOWS DOLO,FOR THE MUSIC NOT THE CROWD.THERE WERE NO ''MOSHPIT NINJAS'' DROP KICKING GIRLS[WHICH WAS NICE].''THIS IS A HARDCORE SHOW,NOT A FOOTBALL MATCH.WE'RE ALL GONNA HAVE A GOOD TIME''STRETCH ARMSTRONG.IN THE END YOU SHOULD LIKE WHAT APPEALS TO YOU NOT WHAT IS IN.I ALSO HEAR THAT ''EMO IS THE WORST MUSIC ON EARTH''BUT OH WELL,TO EACH HIS/HER OWN./XXX/

charlie dundar - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  9. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

Kr430n5_666 - Replied May 27, 2001

i love emo. doperoxxx music.

also, who cares if the kids name is Charles_Bronson. yeah we know its some band or guy whatever thing thats very harsh and hateful grind but does it matter? wow...hes open minded. i listen to emo to hardcore to death metal to drum and bass to hip hop. and my name on this has 666 in it. hmm..i guess i can only listen to the death metal. hahaha...just relaxor dood. peaceroxXXXxXxX

------------------
    $$$666MAKROS666$$$

Kr430n5_666 - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  10. charles_bronson

charles_bronson 12oz Senior Member

charles_bronson - Replied May 27, 2001

why is it a big deal that i have xxxstraighedgexxx as my signature and im sticking up for emo. ive been listening to emo for about 4 years and i also like to listen to grindcore, powerviolence, black metal and other types of music too.
    i gree with kid furie, lables limit. i think that all music (like emo, punk, hardcore, etc.) should be consisdered rock and roll and be left at that.

------------------
    xxxstraightedgexxx

charles_bronson - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  11. Pilau Hands

Pilau Hands Guest

Pilau Hands - Replied May 27, 2001

"powerviolence"

dude please explain this!
    that is one of the funniest titles i've ever heard. when they were handing out names for genres, this had to be first in line

powerful and violent
    hahaha

12. SaEkOnCe

SaEkOnCe 12oz Member

SaEkOnCe - Replied May 27, 2001

i like that kid emo from NJ.

SaEkOnCe - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  13. freighthunter

freighthunter 12oz Senior Member

freighthunter - Replied May 27, 2001

have you herd the band fuckemos...some killer shit no joke!i am not dissing emo music thats just the name of the band

freighthunter - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  14. Tofu

Tofu 12oz Senior Member

Tofu - Replied May 27, 2001

I know a guy in England who e-mailed me about his band, he said it was "post-hardcore"
    WHATEVER THE FUCK THAT'S SUPPOSED TO MEAN?!!!
    Hehe.

Tofu - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  15. webster

webster 12oz Junior Member

webster - Replied May 27, 2001

music is music... drop your label and shut up.

------------------
    Webster
    What's wrong? I don't Bite.

webster - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages: