EMO is about feelings, the sad kind, but it makes teens and record labels happy

Sid Vicious

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

HAHAHAHA

I love how emo is blowing up now. I love how now anyone that wears glasses and shops at the trhift store is automatically emo. Its great. Now maybe I can get laid thanks to emo.

Now on to a serious note. I have a feeling that after all this media hoorah blows over "emo" will be left devestated and burnt out like the seattle grunge scene. Leave it to the media to give you a 40 when all you really wanted was a shot. Maybe one day soon I will hear someone say "emo?...thats so 2002..."

Guest railroadjerk

i wrote an emo song about twin fetuses in utero...

OOOHH GIRL I DONT WANT YOU TO LEAVEEEE

WE ATE FROM OUR UMBILLICAL CORDS FOR 9 MONTHS

BUT YOU LEFT OUT THE ONLY WAY YOU COULD

WHYYYYY

OH WHYY WERE YOU BORN FIRSTTTT?

YOU LEFT ME ALONE, I DONT WANT TO SEE THE LIGHT!

im glad dashboard is so gracefully sucking the corporate cock.

trying to make money doing music is one thing, but honestly, why would ANYONE sit down with time magazine for an article on emo....

postscript:

"What does Weezer's success prove? That emo kids — who pride themselves on not being like everybody else — don't mind living vicariously through a star, particularly an overwrought one, much as everybody else does. It's tough to avoid the conclusion that the emo faithful, like Red Sox fans, are only happy when they're sad."

???? thats a terrible conclusion.

Originally posted by railroadjerk

i wrote an emo song about twin fetuses in utero...

OOOHH GIRL I DONT WANT YOU TO LEAVEEEE

WE ATE FROM OUR UMBILLICAL CORDS FOR 9 MONTHS

BUT YOU LEFT OUT THE ONLY WAY YOU COULD

WHYYYYY

OH WHYY WERE YOU BORN FIRSTTTT?

YOU LEFT ME ALONE, I DONT WANT TO SEE THE LIGHT!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

brilliant!

Guest im not witty

are humans so dumb that we cant concieve of anything without the benefit of a catchy label.

i picked up dashboard awhile ago, played it a few times and decided that the kid was way fucking talented, has a interesting voice, but his life experiences are so small and his view of relationships so immature and shallow that i couldnt listen to it anymore....its like when all these kids on here cry about girls this, and oh they suck, blah blah...i mean how many fucking songs can you write about getting fucked over! have you had any positive relationships? do you not see love is good and bad? i mean love sucks in the concept of that whole album...for christ sakes, ya gotta go show me a little bit more....

Archived