EMINEM'S 8MILES

ETHREADZNY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest -MOE LESTER-

im losing a lot of respect for him the more i see his face on teeny bopping magazines...its like hes the badboy of teeny bopping now...its kinda weak

Originally posted by -MOE LESTER-

im losing a lot of respect for him the more i see his face on teeny bopping magazines...its like hes the badboy of teeny bopping now...its kinda weak

he claims he hates them and all that but he'll pose for their magazines....pff

Guest -MOE LESTER-

yea the movie looks cool, but hes just getting way to fucking mainstream.....and he aint really hard either...i mean...he throws disses at christina and moby!! wtf!! thats like 8th graders picking on preschoolers....weak

yea the movie looks cool, but hes just getting way to fucking mainstream.....and he aint really hard either...i mean...he throws disses at christina and moby!! wtf!! thats like 8th graders picking on preschoolers....weak

ha, defiently true..

blah blah blah...

em is dope.

redman and method man are in a fucking right guard commercial.

what?

are they not 'real' either?

i understand the complaints, i just think their juvenile and retarded.

if he was black, no one would say shit. ever!

blah.

seeking is on point.

imagine the backlash eminem would get for doing a funny deoderant commercial.

oh and about those teeny bopper magazines. he doesnt actually pose for them most of the time. they get images of him from photo shoots, pay for the images, and use them. and alot of times they take quotes from various sources and put it together to make it seem like he sat down with an interview for them.

but the movie looks dope.

he's not garbage..he fucking exploits all the kids he makes fun of...the guy is lyrically talented and can rip shit in battles...not to mention i just watched both trailers and i think ill go peep the movie...this is coming from a non-eminem fan...i just realize the guy does his thing..stop being haters.

^ I never denied his skill, he has the ability to out rhyme most of the cats out-there.. His shit has just been repeative to me, same old whining bullshit lately, complaining about kim and his mother, but when it comes to battles, eminem is on. I would love to see this movie from what I have seen so far, it looks like they concentrate on more then this image he has today...

Originally posted by seeking

if he was black, no one would say shit. ever!

I would, somewhere on here is my thread questioning Red and Meth for starring in said commercial... MnM can be hard as hell and not give a damn but still be a weak sellout nigga, man...

Originally posted by IntangibleFame

Yhea, what seeking said...Shit hes tryin to make dollas....Id do the same exact shit...its all about the money...

Eminem already has enough money to die wealthy and send a big chunk down the line... this is about greed, not putting food on the table.

Originally posted by Smart

Eminem already has enough money to die wealthy and send a big chunk down the line... this is about greed, not putting food on the table.

Whats wrong with greed??? Fuck Id make as much money as I could too, fuck what other people think...i mean people buy his shit isnt that all you would care about?

Originally posted by ETHREADZNY

...His shit has just been repeative to me, same old whining bullshit lately, complaining about kim and his mother...

which 'major' emcee's (or musicians of any genre really) do not basically tread the same subject times and time again? metallica talks about death. britney spears talks about love. public enemy talked about politics. etc...

either emcees talk about dissing other emcees (who amusingly enough never get named) their money, bitches, weed etc, or occasionaly someone will make a song with some substance... unfortunitly its sandwiched between 15, 4 minute rants about how 'real' they are for making millions of dollars and still selling 'bricks' on the block.

now, obviously im not talking about all emcees, and to save you the hassle, i know what the fuck im talking about when it comes to hip hop, im not some hater, but you know for the most part, its the truth.

in order to be as successfull as em is, or as anyone of that calibre is, you need to make music that is accessible and relative to a huge number of people. you find your little nich, and you stick with it. infact, if anything, i would give em credit for being one of the more creative emcees to come out, ever. his style, cadence, subject matter, honesty, etc, are a hell of alot more diverse than 95% of emcees ever to live.

we've been so 'brainwashed' to think that a black guy talking about selling drugs is 'real' and a white guy talking about it is 'trying to be black', when in all true reality, its a crock of shit. being born black makes you no more 'real' than being born white makes you not.

what would people prefer him to talk about? to sound like? dave mathews? nas? wrexx n efexx?

dude is doing the same thing he's always done, and when i say that, i speak from experience. he never 'sold out', everyone else 'bought in'...

oh, and about the magazine shit, he has no control what so ever of who uses his images, quotes, etc. 'dick sucker monthly' could do a feature on him, and as a public figure, there is nothing he can do to stop it.

listen to 'white america' off his new album, and tell me dude doesnt know exactly what he is, who he is, and his place in the middle of it all. dude is one of the most cognitive and aware 'major' stars that TRL has ever seen.

sorry for the rant. its got less to do with eminem, and more to do with peoples blanket ignorance.

Never once said that he didnt experence his hardache in his life, havent we all.. it is not a black or white thing either. I even said eminem is talented, The thing is, it seems that every song he is doing is about his horrible past, and I am getting bored off it. Yes, it is niche, that is obviously working, he should defiently stick with it, but honestly I prefer him as a battle emcee personally, he has skill, and feel that these songs are getting to repeative to me. You made extremely good points, and I agree for the most part... Its just I think he could be doing a lot more then he is, but I guess Its all for the money, I cant blame him.

nah,I probably won't check the movie-but whatever...I am feeling that single that he dropped though........I got an old Pudgee the phat bastard song playing now--Lord knows I need a "Lady in my life"....peace.

i dissagree, infact in that song squaredance or somthing he calls out on canibus. and if you havent heard canibus flow before, you would know it aint no kindergarden shit. Canibus would fuck up eminem in a freestyle battle.

ethrds,

most of that wasnt directed towards you at all man. most was just aimless rambling.

i wish he would do alot more too. he obviously has the talent for it. im just saying, you cant expect too much from a 'pop' star, which, no matter how dope he might be, is pretty much what he is. there has never been a 'major' league artist, with the exception of maybe outkast, who was really all that diverse. infact, i think em does a real good job of hitting on alot of subjects. yes, as i listen to his album, i wish he would talk about kim a hell of alot less, but its no different than the monotony to be found on any album, it just differes because the subject matter is a bit more noticable.

i mean, redman has made a whole career talking about nothing but getting high and being red-man, and no one complains about his lack of diversity.

anyway, totally not arguing, just kickin it.

and canibus cant freestyle, dont kid yourself. eminem isnt nearly the freestyler everyone thinks he is. he's dope, but ALOT of the stuff he says is pre meditated lines thrown together to fit the situation. he's still dope, but eyedea would eat them both any day of the week.

Archived