eminem - criticism

krs702

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

BOTH

i dont like him because when he got with dr. dre he because wack..he got all personal and dark...plus dre doesnt compliment emimems lyrics with his beats.

i do like him because he is contrivercial, he broke out of the "white rapper" mold....and he is funny as hell:lol:

seriously....before he sold out and went pop...he was ill...

look up his freestyles on kazaa and listen to his older stuff.

i dont care whether you hate him or love him, you got to respect him as far as being lyrically talented is concerned and thats the bottom line.

I like a lot of his songs, and can relate to them (mostly the angry want to kill something shit) but you know...

i think its corny to say that people relate to him just because he's white, thats some bullshit. You can relate to things that are said in a "book" and it doesnt mean you relate to it because the author is white or black, but because you can relate to the "message" or story its telling.

when a black rapper, 2pac for instance, talks about how some friends of his turned on him, and now he's pissed off, i can relate to that, because ive been there, him being black has nothing to do with the situation...

"The one man on the planet to drive off of the Grand Canyon, hop out of a Grand Am and land in it handstandin'."

"I fuck shit up before it happens, like failing engines on planes storing caskets."

Fuck the haters... either he talks about drugs

and shit too much or he talks about personal

issues too much or he talks about politics too

much or he talks about being hard too much,

shut the fuck up and stop looking for a reason

to hate, dude's got more quotables than 2/3

of your favorite emcees.

Originally posted by 26SidedCube

"The one man on the planet to drive off of the Grand Canyon, hop out of a Grand Am and land in it handstandin'."

"I fuck shit up before it happens, like failing engines on planes storing caskets."

Fuck the haters... either he talks about drugs

and shit too much or he talks about personal

issues too much or he talks about politics too

much or he talks about being hard too much,

shut the fuck up and stop looking for a reason

to hate, dude's got more quotables than 2/3

of your favorite emcees.

"It's only fair to warn, I was born with a set of horns

And metaphors attached to my dang umbilical cord

Warlord of rap that'll bash you with a two-by-four

And smash into your Honda Accord with a four-door Ford

But I'm more toward droppin' an acapella

To chop a fella to mozzarella worse than a helicopter propella'

Got you locked in a cellar, with your skeleton showin

Developin anorexia, while I'm standin' next to ya

Eatin' a full-course meal watchin' you starve to death

Put a IV in ya vein feedin' ya liquid Darvaset"

"I'm headed for Hell, I'd rather be dead or in jail

Bill Clinton, hit this (here)... and you better 'inhale'

Cause any MC that chooses to go against me

is gettin takin advantage of, like Monica Lewinksy"

He’s a very good rapper. I just didn’t like that song where he’s all “radio won’t even play me now”, because that song was all over the radio. I also didn’t like 8Mile too much. My yuppie brother who owns the Spice Girls, N’Sync, and Evanescence albums, bought the dvd.

" YOU TALK ALOT OF JUNK BUT YOU WAS NEVER ILL THO IM STRONG ENOUGH TO BEAT YOU TO DEATH WIT A FEATHERED PILLOW. TIPPED OVER SOME COWS JUST FOR A JOKES N LAUGHS JUMPED UP CHOCKED A GIRAFFE BROKE SNAPPED HIS NECK N BROKE IT IN HALF. IM RAGING WARS WENT ON STAGE N SPRAYE D CAGE WITH AGENT ORANGE N WHIPPED MY ASS WIT HIS PAGE IN SOURCE. THE DEMON IS HERE IM STEAMIN THIS YEAR.RIPPED MYSTIKALS VOICE BOX OUT N SCREAMED IN HIS EAR.

Really bad beats, and i hate that girly squeaky voice he does sometimes. He has decent lyrics but thats kind of pushing it.

D-12 on the other hand has some dope shizzle. Dude around the way did a song with proof and it was pretty dope. Ehhhh.. other than that..

Eminem gets two thumbs down from Ebert and Roper.

But i do give him originality points for creating an image.

Originally posted by HOVIE

listen to the slim shady lp and you realise how good he is...but his beats suck maaaad dick...and his whole style of flow and lyrics has changed now...hes gay

Yea, but he used to lose the beat left and right.

Even on My Name Is he's missing snares all over

the place, now he rides every kick and hits every

snare. Better rhyme structure, less creativity.

i would have to agree with some on hereem has statred to fall off but he stil is one of the most talnted verbialist there is. i have some of his old mix tape stuff and its tight ut to those that say dres beat are not on point ya smoking . would u rather have the neptunes produce it and sound like snoops lame ass beutiful song? em can handle most rappers alive today

hes good at rapping but hes extremely corny. i thought the slim shady lp was pretty good.but then after that it seemed like he just kept talking about his mom over and over and over.WOW your mom was a bitch thats cool.i think he needs to switch his topics.now that he has nothing to rap about all he talks about is how people hate on him which is getting played quick. i dont know about him he just seems like some shit that 10 year old kids listen to.hes corny.

there is however some good eminem shit out there.the song infinate off the cd infinate is pretty dope.he had a few good songs on some old cd called detroit underground 2000.

scary movie

low down and dirty

get you mad

murder murder

the shadiest

trife thieves

we shine

nuttin to do

any man

Originally posted by rinse

i'd like to see eminem get served by tonedeff or sage francis. either which on would make for a good battle.

im a big sage fan, but slim would kill him...have you ever heard the two of them freestyle?? its not even close

Archived