Electricians needed:

bufme1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

well... first you need an inverter or transformer or something because you're switching from AC power to DC power... then you need that transformer's output to be the proper amps/volts/ohms or something... look it up on Google

(AC is wall current, DC is battery power)

Originally posted by Smart

well... first you need an inverter or transformer or something because you're switching from AC power to DC power... then you need that transformer's output to be the proper amps/volts/ohms or something... look it up on Google

(AC is wall current, DC is battery power)

This is exactly where you need to start. I would recommend talking to your local Batteries Plus or something like that. Maybe a small electronics place could help you. There are a ton of places out there, but you have to be willing to budge a little on the whole secret thing,,

Re: <----bufme1 speaking...

Originally posted by cornhustlah

iany one know if someshit like this could be hooked up to an 18v drill battery?

Well, not knowing anything about the products function or application I would say ABSOLUTELY! Sure you could use a bunch of 1.5v D batteries, or 9v's or even a 12v car battery, but for this... 18v, no doubt.

the main problem is going to be that if it was once on a cord the motor is going to want 110 volts. so the first thing you going to want to do is find a motor out of a battery powered drill and switch it. either that or go with, umm abot 74 1.5v D batterys. power inverters are large nad require alot of juice from a 12v car battery so if you going with this option you would want a Optima or some other kind of Jelltop battery to keep it running very long. Id seriously look into getting a cordless drill and taking it apart for the motor.

keep in mind that there will be a large power decrease as already mentioned plus I am sure in todays booming technologically inclined society and industry that it is already made as a cordless product so just take the lazy american way out and buy a cordless....stimulate teh economy to make more jobs so I can get a better one.

Originally posted by bufme1 ....to break it down startin from the cord end of theeee "appliance" after you cut off the cord, there is 3 wires..black..white..green(ground)...

where do these attach to??? [/b]

is this a quiz? seriously... it sounds like your making a bong out of stuff you found in the garage... you need to be clear about what you have and what you want it to do...

Is it really so ground breaking an idea that nobody out there has done it? If so, do you think any one of the lazy fucks or cops around here is gonna get off their ass to beat you to the patent?

Originally posted by Zack Morris

keep in mind that there will be a large power decrease as already mentioned plus I am sure in todays booming technologically inclined society and industry that it is already made as a cordless product so just take the lazy american way out and buy a cordless....stimulate teh economy to make more jobs so I can get a better one.

ive looked everywhere for a cordless and cant find it.......and no its not some sort of bong.........

Originally posted by bufme1

for this application, i believe the motor is already on the utensil....to break it down startin from the cord end of theeee "appliance" after you cut off the cord, there is 3 wires..black..white..green(ground)...

where do these attach to???

if im not mistaken black is neutral, white is hot and green is ground. there is not easy way to convert this to DC power. seriously find a motor from somthing cordless and stick it in the "appliance" it will make it alot easyer.

I think you better not listen to these motherfuckers and blow yourself up. I don't know why arcel said ac comes out of a battery and dc comes out a wall when a battery generates pure dc electricity and machine produced electricity is alternating current. Anyways you better learn what you're doing first. You gotta make sure you got the right amount of power going in there using resistors and maybe even step up transformers and you gotta make sure you don't fry your wires or components with the juice you got running through it so you may want to throw some fuses in there. I don't know what the fuck your making so it's going to be impossible for me to help you and you really ought not fuck with what you don't understand so you don't fry yourself.

This is retarded trying to help the unwilling. There are a million places out there to go learn about this shit and you choose 12oz? This is pretty much what I do for a living, but there's no hope for home-inventors like yourself. Seriously take the time to learn what your doing and quit asking questions like: Can I use a 18V drill battery? when we have no fuckin clue as to what it's running. Your reminding of every retail fucking idiot I have to deal with. Do your homework and try a small electronics forum instead of 12oz.

Originally posted by villain

I think you better not listen to these motherfuckers and blow yourself up. I don't know why arcel said ac comes out of a battery and dc comes out a wall when a battery generates pure dc electricity and machine produced electricity is alternating current. Anyways you better learn what you're doing first. You gotta make sure you got the right amount of power going in there using resistors and maybe even step up transformers and you gotta make sure you don't fry your wires or components with the juice you got running through it so you may want to throw some fuses in there. I don't know what the fuck your making so it's going to be impossible for me to help you and you really ought not fuck with what you don't understand so you don't fry yourself.

ive been known to touch the 3rd rail on accident here and there, but im still alive.....and clue2...i work in retail too...12oz is doing just fine for me...

ok how bout i put a female plug outlet on the end of two 10gauge wires...and those wires would go to a battery....the "tool" is then plugged into the female end..................????????????? ha.