Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

EL MAC / RETNA L.A. Pieces

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by Gunm, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Gunm

Gunm Banned

I'm heading down to Los Angeles in a few days and I was hoping someone, anyone out there could point me in the direction of those eye melting productions El Mac and Retna put together.

Yes, i tried Google, yes, i tried asking friends of mine down there....no luck.

If you, dear reader, can hook up the address, Lens will send you a nice little package filled with flicks, stickers and any and all bits of crap from around my apatment.

thanks in advance

2. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

i saw one in a back alley on melrose when i was there a while back. you could try there. msk/awr/cbs etc stuff round there too

3. Gunm

Gunm Banned

nice...my sister livres within walking distance to Melrose so I'll make sure to check it out. Thanks ABC

4. nino1

nino1 New Jack

"you're a moron, how did you learn to use a computer..?" HA you peice of shit I'm in LA and i know where the mac shit is, maybe i should tell you and then just wait there with a louisville!!! maybe if you weren't such a rookie you'd know too!! try the search function!!!

but seriously

5. Gunm

Gunm Banned

^^^

okay.....because you said so

6. CACashRefund

CACashRefund 12oz Loyalist

the smart thing would maybe have been to ask in the LA thread

but, i could be wrong....

7. Gunm

Gunm Banned

wow, you sure have a lot of time to waste I guess

8. Mistery

Mistery Senior Member

man i wa sin LA fo rliek a week.. all i saw was a lot of trash graffiti.. but!!! i did see a lot of good throwies on the freeway walls

i dont htink i was in the right places though

but o well... Dude make sure ot stop by Vinic eBEach and hit up those walls and watc ppl hit them up

i was there for liek 4 hours just watchign ppl go over ppl go over ppl lol

i saw a lot of good stuff there!!!

9. Not you

Not you New Jack

you're a fucking idiot Lens.

10. Gunm

Gunm Banned

keep telling yourself that

11. Obvious

Obvious Banned

LENS, on La Brea & 3rd, just south of 3rd, there's a Retna/Mac piece. And the Alleys behind Melrose on the south side of Melrose. Here are the pictures I took:

La Brea & 3rd St.:

[​IMG]

Melrose alleys:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And of course there are Mac and Retna pieces scattered across L.A. -- mainly Mac alone or Retna alone... try downtown, mainly the southeast side of Downtown in and around the "Artist District."

12. Oliver Clothesoff

Oliver Clothesoff Banned

how come my paint isnt that colorful

13. Gunm

Gunm Banned

Theo.....

many thanks to you sir. I actually stumbled across both by accident yesterday when i was tooling arounbd L.A. but the effort is of course appreciated. Hit me up on PM and I'll send a package your way as promised.

Nino1 wasn't anywhere to be found.....I guess he was grounded for the weekend.

I took a special pose for Not You in front of the Melrose piece too....flick in the next few days.

But....cot damn...those productions are amazing to see first hand

14. nino1

nino1 New Jack

fuck, and to think i was so close... back in the bay tomorrow.. maybe i'll see you there?

15. nino1

nino1 New Jack

dont know if this belongs here but i saw DASH UTI at the venice wall a few weeks ago painting a promo peice for some shit him and THE MAC are doing together, i think some line of t-shirts or some shit with big cockroaches on it, anyway it came out pretty fresh, DASH is a cool cat too, real chill, no bullshit ego. he brought a metal bat to the wall too, i guess for funk, which is funny cause the cop station is 20 ft away... anyway props to those too and check out DASH AND THE MAC when they drop their shit.