EEC Invasion

Ski Mask

so who's getting these in mass numbers now?

EEC is the East Erie Commercial Railroad, and any railfan diggin will turn up batches of photos of EEC cars in VA, PA, eastern canada, all over the east coast basically. But it seems like I'm seeing an assload of these things (mostly the old re-stamped hoppers they've bought) out west now, and they're popping up in metal heads painted by west coasters.

any one else seeing this trend?

I hit a nice EEC 50' box a month ago cause I didnt recognize the marks and it only had 3 numbers (thats your shortline giveaway right there), and would probably go somewhere weird. now I see these EEC hoppers everywhere. It must be a super budget operation, cause they're buying old Miluakee Road hoppers, old grain Co-Op hoppers. everything is rusted to shit with that small little EEC stamp looking brand new.

holler if you see them...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

all I know is that I've been getting freshly painted brown EEC boxes layed up regularly here down south. They started showing up about a year ago.

...none of them are stamped they're just fresh paint jobs. Never seen EEC hoppers though... sorry not much useful info there but hey...

We've been getting the repainted eec boxcars for about a year or so..But I've seen restamped cars rolling,and yes even on the west coast.These cars must be geting around.Yeah the repainted ones be all glossy and shinny .....Never seen no other car from them ???

...about a year ago the newly repainted brownish red ones started popping up...all with three digit numbers...now we're seeing tons of restamped ones...these all have had four and now five digit stamps...i think they're not repainting them now to save money...but it definately feels like someone dumped a ton of money into this shortline to expand it...seen a few of the hoppers roll through but not as many...

...hitting these things has been a consistent treat around here...

Guest cheesecurd

i get an ass load of eec hoppers, up here they're mixed in with all the cp/cefx/etc... hoppers. they even got intermodals i think. watch your back or eec will own you next. the boxes seem to be pooled around like rail boxes, with teh same shit in em even.

eec

i have only seen an eec hopper once or twice..but now that i think of it i have been seeing these more and more lately...you know..i think they are like some new thing!! same thing happened with MDR's like not too long ago...they were all over...seems the same with these cars!!

I'd gladly take more of the boxes if I could find them. I've seen only once since I painted the first one. But I was out today and the hopper invasion continues. It should spread slowly to the rest of the continent, I guess we're seeing them in such great numbers here because we are a major pacific grain port. but honestly....must be a tight budget. it seemed like as I watched the line, any broke ass car I saw in the distance turned out to be a EEC as it passed. old paint jobs. assload of rust on the car. should be intresting to see what kind of circulation these things get.

...i think we are definately seeing a budgeted rehaul...even the shiny burgundy ones are just old busted cars...you can tell up close because the sides are bent out and deformed from years of abuse...all of the ones i saw had build dates in the 70's as well...the thing i'm worried about with the re-stamped ones is that they're going to get re-painted soon...

Guest snotrocket

ive been catching a grip off old boxes restamped EEC. some of the more honorable mentions were a Golden Triangle, Mississippi Export, old BC Railway with Flower Crest on the Door, Blue old CV box. The 1st EEC i hit was last summer which was EEC 12x.

This weekend i hit EEC 32xx. This fleet has grown very fast for a short line. I think its gonna end up in the ranks of SRN and CUOH on the shortline scale.

im seeing alot of EEC's popping up as well..they are all freshly painted it seems..i am also getting an assload of brand new CMHX boxcars..I really like them, the ridges dont reach the bottom of the car .. they are real nice to paint...is any one else getting these CMHX boxes??? also at one of my yards most of the flats i get are all re stamped HPJX it might just be the area I am in.. i would like to get some flats that are not restamped I guess i cant complain at least i get flats....

Originally posted by amish son

are you talking about EEC boxcars?

im catching a shitload of those. never seen EEC hoppers/grainers though, and i get a shit load of them...

^^^^^^ YEAH, WHAT AMISH SAID, I FIRST SAW THESE AT HIS SPOT, PAINTED ONE WITH ''TRE'', THEN BACK HOME, AT MY SPOT, I SEE TONS OF FRESH PAINTED RED EEC'S HERE..HAVENT SEEN ANY OF THE HOPPERS THOUGH:confused:

Originally posted by paint trains

Hey i'm just wondering what an eec boxcar is?... I don't think they have them here. :o

...yeah they're still working on the trans-pacific freight line...i think they're about half way to hawaii now...it's supposed to be done around 2150...you'll probably start seeing them then...

Archived