ECLECTICTOPIC: vegetarianism, Asian-Americanism,TIE/SEO, animal rights, allergies...

Guest JSUN

Guest JSUN

its 9 o clock on a sunday... and am i bored.. i don't know.

VEGETARIANISM:

lately i've been pondering whether i should become a vegetarian. i really feel bad when innocent animals have to be killed so i can enjoy a meal. 12oz's very own FOOTSOLDIER showed me this video called ANIMAL LIBERATION and i almost puked. i told him to shut it off after less than 5 minutes.

CHEESESTEAKS:

one of the most significant reasons that makes it hard for me to become a vegetarian or a vegan is CHEESESTEAKs.. chicken or beef, cheap kind or more classy.. i don't care. cheesesteaks are so delicious. i would move to philly just for cheesesteaks. i love the east coast.

WEST COAST:

i was pondering whether or not to go to college in the west. do they have cheesesteaks in the west?

also, people are very important to me.. and i was afraid from what everyone was tellin me how west coast people are shallow [LA?] and fake. but i want to go to the west and see for myself.

TIE/SEO:

I was reading this graff mag.. i think it was called big time.. or maybe something else.. but it featured all these deceased graff writers like DREAM, TIE, AYER, ROB etc.

Rest in PEACE. i think the article in the previously mentioned mag said TIE was a vegan.

ASIAN-AMERICANISM:

big props to DREAM.. he was a PINOY writer who was also one of my role-models. TIE was dope too. He was THAI.

i dont know about the rest of you.. but growing up as an Asian minority in America is difficult shit. You got like half of the country thinking you don't speak english. You got some crazy ass parents who got these completely different cultural child-raising techniques. Will Smith's "Parents just don't understand" should be the Asian-American 2nd generation anthem.

Just because someone is Asian doesn't mean they're gonna be a computer nerd, pre-med/engineer major, import car racer, quiet, math genius..etc.

If you're gonna call somebody a "chink", you might as well get their nationality right before you do it. Being Asian doesn't mean you're immediately chinese.

And to all the Asians who think its cool when they make fun of their culture and identities by saying shit like "i'm a chink.. haha".. fuck you.

i remember SEYM used to have a lil quote behind his posts that was like "ASIAN PRIDE, NIGGA". I'm not one of those kiddies who go screaming ASIAN PRIDE.. I'm sorry non-Asian people have to see some retards make the rest of the Asian population look bad.

oh and don't try to be my friend just cuz i'm asian..

i apologize if i came off nasty.

ALLERGIES:

is this the worst allergy season ever??

CD'S:

i will never buy another full length album ever again. every cd is 1 or 2 songs and the rest filler. fuck.. this is the last time i will remind myself.

CANCER/DEATH:

Did u ever fear that you might have it?

i freak myself out sometimes like that.

ok maybe i should start a new topic now..

if i contradict myself i'm sorry..

i'm open-minded to any response..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by pukey1:

vegetarianism... maybe us omnivores have no place on eath... we gotta keep a balanced diet so we dont grow deformed...

Dude, it's quite easy to maintain a balanced diet without eating ANY animal products whatsoever. I don't know who told you that vegetarians grow to be deformed, but that's completely false.

eat meat its delicious and if u are vegan to save animals then thats sux cuzu know the same amount off animals are ganna be killed anyway and if itscuz of your health well your ganna die ayway cmon man u know u want that juicy philly cheese steak

Originally posted by Tofu:

Dude, it's quite easy to maintain a balanced diet without eating ANY animal products whatsoever. I don't know who told you that vegetarians grow to be deformed, but that's completely false.

tofu is right,ive been a vegetarian for 11+ years.its easy,and it forces you to be more diverse with your eating habits.

asian americanism-

i've stopped giving a shit about ethnicity of any kind. i feel that no one hates asians more than other asians. japanese and chinese hate each other. mainland chinese hate taiwanese and people from hong kong. cambodians and thais hate each other etc. it's so pointless cause the roots of all those cultures are so similar, and the differences are so petty. i'm a racial mutt (filipino/chinese/hawaiian/spanish/italian) so my whole life, i've been an outcast on both sides. too white for one side of my family, and too non-white for the other side. that's why i've decided that i just don't care anymore what people are. race is nothing to be proud of or ashamed of. it's just the way your body evolved cause of the climate your ancestors had to deal with.

i try to take positive things from each culture, without having too much pride in any of them. i've read the tao te ching probly ten times and it changed my life. i actually have no fear of death whatsoever because of that book (so that's sort of a response to your death/cancer question.) but just because taoism was good for me, do i have chinese pride? fuck no. look at all the horrible things the chinese government has done over the years. who could be proud of that.

i feel like a lot of americans either think asians are lower life forms (like some dumb immigrants who are only fit to serve them "poke fwied wice and egg wolls") or they think asians are super humans (math genius kung fu masters) both viewpoints are equally dumb. i have an equal dislike for racial discrimination and racial pride.

Originally posted by JSUN:

CD'S:

i will never buy another full length album ever again. every cd is 1 or 2 songs and the rest filler. fuck.. this is the last time i will remind myself.

look harder.90% of any field/genre is shit, you need to turn the radar on and find the 10% of genuis shit....its out there, trust me.

Veganism ,aint feelin it,im a big guy,fuck it im fat,more from beer and southern comfort than food,but red meat is like the staple of my diet,esp general tao from the chinese spot .But anyways in the grand sceme of it all ,we as human are at the top of the food chain and in my opinion some animals are only here to feed us:cattle,chickens,shit like that.Now what I dont believe in is killing animals like aligators and such just so some ass can try a food that just probably tastes like chicken or have a fuckin pair of shoes and a belt.Also,I think hunting is foul when these red neck ass guys go shotting a deer or elephant for the fuckin sport of it.Back to the cheesesteaks,see the place to get one is in Philly.Fuck that Miami subs or Subway bullshit,until youve had a true philly cheese you aint lived.

RIP-to those who have passed you will be missed not by me,but by someone.

West Coast ,well ive been out there, spent some time in Cali and Phoenix pretty much the same people as the east coast.If you want to see shallow people come to Miami,fuckin south beach.But thats my home so I shouldnt hate,but if you live there u know what i mean.

Allergies-dont have any so cant tel ya.

Asian Americans-dont have any problems with them,Im always tryin to game shorty from the chinese spot down the block,i dont think shes feelin me ,but she always hooks a nigga up with two eggrolls.She also hooks up my girl at the nail shop.So were cool.

CDs-I dont think Ive actually bought one since Mobb Deeps Murda Musik ,which is a fuckin classic,if you dont have it get it,now everything I get from my boy who burns em 4 me(shout to yser).the majority of music out there is garbageso i aint payin.Lately ive been on some Ramsey Lewis shit peep it.

Cancer-My best fuckin friend almost died from it.It was scary for a moment,but i dont roll with suckas,cause only the strong survive and he did.One Love to my dog chris.

Well that about does it.

[This message has been edited by pauliewalnuts (edited 07-02-2001).]

[This message has been edited by pauliewalnuts (edited 07-02-2001).]

Originally posted by pauliewalnuts:

Cancer-My best fuckin friend almost died from it.It was scary for a moment,but i dont roll with suckas,cause only the strong survive and he did.One Love to my dog chris.

this is great. a perfect example of thoughtless posting...

i have a few people in my life that had cancer too, some died(rip),

some lost limbs, all were stronger than you'll ever be.

none were 'suckas' either...fuckin' ass....

eclectic topics: thumbs up!

philly cheesesteaks suck, the only kinda cheesesteak i'll eat is with lettuce, tomato, oil and vinegar, mayo, and peppers (the hot kind mother fucker). oh yeah, on a TOASTED roll. and fuck the west coast, they can't make a hoagie/sub/grinder/hero for shit but then again neither can most places back here, but if you want vegan nachos. . .

i'd prolly go veggie if i didn't like cooking so much. this is because when i cook for others i have to taste, taste, taste, so that's my excuse for eating 10-20 times the biomass than necessary http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//frown.gif'>.

Originally posted by brown twinkie:

this is great. a perfect example of thoughtless posting...

i have a few people in my life that had cancer too, some died(rip),

some lost limbs, all were stronger than you'll ever be.

none were 'suckas' either...fuckin' ass....

I wasnt sayin it like cause then I would have been callin my grand pops a sucka ,just sayin that my boy was on life support barely breathin and son mad a full recovery,threw the grace of the lord and a huge will to live.When you see someone stare death in the eye and tell it to go fuck it self,thats heart my friend.No disrespect intended to those who have lost loved ones.I didnt mean it that way.

beyond the act of eating meat versus not eating meat. vegetarianism has taught me compassion, humility, self control, and awarness of other living things. i may not have learned these things which i now feel are important. while eating meat i was ignorant and not open to other things. by changing my eating habits i have also gained the ability to question everything and appreciate the ability to control what goes in my mouth. addiction is a terrible reason not to stop rather a good reason to try. however don't try to become vegan over night. be vegetarian for awhile and get over meet before you try to conquer dairy. the more foods you take on the more likely you are to fail in the long run. remember that your diet has been something that you have kept the same for your whole life. reading books and educating yourself will be the best thing to help you stop eating meat. it also will combat the hordes of low self esteemed meat eaters just waiting to strike you down.

Originally posted by Seek One:

eat meat its delicious and if u are vegan to save animals then thats sux cuzu know the same amount off animals are ganna be killed anyway and if itscuz of your health well your ganna die ayway cmon man u know u want that juicy philly cheese steak

this was by far the stupidest answer or attempt at an argument against veganism i have ever heard in my life... lets take the same thing and apply it to rape... yeah you are against rape to save womens emotions and lives but women will always be raped... what a fucking moron. not that i don't believe this kid shouldnt have an opinion but at least be informed. i have been vegetarian for almost 12 years and vegan for almost six, yes it gets tough sometimes, but i can honestly say that it is the most logical decision one can ever make, never mond how many animals you cannot save (which is bs anyway, due to the simple fact of supply and demand) think about their hellish lives before they died, and how that relates to you ingesting their flesh and the type of reactions associated with that... karma etc.

from what i know there are a lot of writers that are vegan/veg. and that is good it shows a standard of thinking that is upped a little.

and for all the little niggers out there who hiphop runs their lives so veganism cant be cool... because nas isnt vegan... i give you del, krsone, blackeyed peas, jeru the damaja, all people whose rhymes stand out as thought out and is exemplified by their choice of a cruelty free diet.

i know i sound like a peta ad... fuck peta for the record money hungry government allies. go vegan for the animals not for a tax write off or a bumper sticker.

VEGETARIANISM:

hmm ive thought of becoming a vegeterian before. its a good choice. but then i thougt...am i gonna get repect from the animals for not eating them? if i was a vegetarian lost in a forest, would a bear see me and think...hmm hes a vegeterian...il let him go? nope. the bear would grab me, rip me to shit and chew on my organs for several minutes. i acually dont even eat a lot of meat. i even try to keep my meat eating at a general low. hmm wait..i just thought of something...we dont eat bears...so that didnt really mean much. hmm..and i know a group of pigs wouldnt try to rip the flesh off me. hmmm...poor pigs. it sad to know that INNOCENT animals like pigs and such are killed all the time. but...maybe this is how its gonna be. we are mammals. the only thing that makes us different from animals is that we are so insanely stupid and destroy the earth in the most fucked up ways, while animals grace our land and maybe step on a little plant. hmmm... well i think im gonna keep my meat eating up. i dont eat much anyway so it doesnt really bother me. sounds kinda lame but to me it makes sence for some reason. animals will always be slaughtered for food. which blows, but its how shits just gonna be and err...i guess i give a minor contribution to the shit. im sorry.

CHEESESTEAKS:

from what i heard, cheesesteaks are fuckin gross. hmmm..well whatever..enjoy.

WEST COAST:

its possible they are stuck up...but who knows. every city and state has something new to it...its all from what your comparison is to.

TIE/SEO:

yea i read shit on tie back in the diggggyhigjhijyhigjihjoijduijrfwjij (day). he seemed to be a really cool guy. from what iread he was vey nice and easy going. narly dooder.

ASIAN-AMERICANISM:

i dont care at all for races. they are humans. woo hoo...they are just like me. only thing that aggrivates me is AZN PRYDE. i mean..i understand...if you are a minority, you will most likely want to show your pride in your race.which makes sence. but i mean..come on. do you HAVE to buy the yellow car? do you HAVE to stick with your asian friends all the time? i dont understand sometimes...its like a lot of them try to hate other races because they are minority or something mesed up. i have asian friends. they are cool people. nice as anything. and im happy they can accept im white and im not in their race. other kids are like...yo fuck you white boy...your a bitch. another thing i hate is "HEY LETS MAKE GANGS!" woo what a fun idea. lets make some asian gangs for no reason. brilliant idea. i know other races make gangs too but ive heard more about asain gangs more than any other ones. but either way..it doesnt matter cuz gangs are wack as shit. claiming the city is theirs when they didnt build it, fund it, whatever. hahaha its lame. well anyway...i dont care if someone is asain. if they can respect me, i can respect them. same goes for anyone or any race. (keep in mind im not referring to ALL asains in this reply.)

and seym's "AZN PRIDE, NIGGA" i believe he was tapping on how some asian kids are poisoned by the glorification of idiocy on MTV or whatever. i mean...look at the statement...its funny. its like me saying "WHITE PRIDE, NIGGA"...see it makes no sence.

ALLERGIES:

allergies = death (DAILY!)

CD'S:

i buy AT LEAST one cd a week. it gets kinda weird sometimes.

CANCER/DEATH:

ive feared ive had diseases before...cuz sometimes you never know. thats about it for cancer.

for death...dam i hate death, but shit happens i guess. i never experienced death until an old friend of mine was crushed by a forklift his job illiegally (sp?) let him operate. and a month or 2 later, this other girl i knew dies of an overdose. how wonderful huh? usually a first death is like an old grandfather or soemthing. errr..but life goes on.

i love these topics...i think we should have this once a week.

peacer

(im ok with clarifying anything that i typed that made no sence)

------------------

$$$666MAKROS666$$$

Originally posted by TEARZ:

...i'm not directing this at you JSUN, but somebody has got to have some backbone someplace. you know? god forbid anyone believes in anything these days and actually stands up for it. it's almost one of the "corniest" things you can do. that's sad. pathetic in so many ways.

I know what you mean, dude...it is sad.

Almost everyone these days seems to have a "why bother?" attitude about things...like nothing they do would ever make a difference...I think the cause for taking this kind of attitude is laziness a lot of the time. It's so much easier to just sit and agree--the fucks.

...By the way, you brought up the thing about Cope kicking and mocking the Asian guy walking down the sidewalk...I thought that was fucked up, too.

go vegetarian/vegan now. every day you procrastinate you take more lives. "you have just dined, and however scrupulously the slaughterhouse is concealed in the graceful distance of miles, there is complicity"

-ralph waldo emerson

i'm not a animal rights nazi, but i think a lot of you know that it's wrong to eat flesh, but you are caught up in a particular way of living. it's a habit that is worth breaking. i loved the taste of meat, but i feel better for not eating it, even though i take shit for it. in terms of health, whether youre a "big guy" who thinks he needs red meat or a skinny little nerd, not eating meat/dairy is nutritious and healthy.

just a little aside ... i think if you are going to eat an animal you should have to kill it with your fucking hands and watch it die. then you can maybe sort of apply that (bullshit) argument about our being at the top of the food chain. nevertheless, i contend that we are not a part of the food chain due to the number of humans alive right now and our attempts at isolation from the natural world.

vegan health will suffer eventualy.

to eat compleatly macrobiotic is enough but,

your health will suffer.take alot of the right suplaments.

i choose to eat meat cause i love the taste and i jus want a dead animal on my plate

for dinner,our at least on the side with pasta.

Guest JSUN

COPE:

yea that cope thing is wack...

whatever.. anyone could talk shit or make fun of anybody..

"once i lose some of them pounds..."- cope2

damn try weight watchers.. [a lil ignorance right back at ya... ain't that cool. ]

CHEESESTEAKS:

I could go for one any time any day any where.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Food chain is something that aint changing,

I can understand people who dont eat meat.

There are several good reasons:

1)mad cow disease(in europe most people are terrified with that shit)

2)Guilt(an understatement also)

3)dont like it(what can you say)

4)etc

What i cannot understand is people who can eat what i call "undercover meat"

meaning all meat that is not recognizable,

some people can forget their guilts when not recognizing wich part of the body of an animal they eat(especially when starving)

They are the problem,they lead the food market on having all these stupid ideas like

"litlle yummy chicken pieces made from a special part of a chicken" instead of the whole chicken and they are the leaders of all the terible things that happens to animals make you wanna puke.

Makros said something about an unexpeted meeting with a bear, good point.

the diference is that the bear wont punch you in the face and leave you 3 days in salt water cause your ass would after that taste better.

The animals i pity the most are chickens,

chickens are damned,

whatever chickens do,even live seems like hell

They are born in a farm they're fed with some crap for a while we eat their eggs in an enormous scale and then they die so that motherfucker with the glasses and the little bird can get rich(talking about that KFC dude)

I hate this guy.

I am not a vegetarian.

I doubt a line of this make sense.

if there's one thing I admire about this board it's that even though there are some ignorant, infant opinions out there the people who have actually put thought into what they believe still take the time to share what they think. i.e. Tearz' take on the perils of yellow america. I think nearly all of what he said is right on. the asian american struggle is an interesting one because it can't be given any sort of qualitative value. the struggle isn't monetary or physical so it gets subverted, and spun into something that is no longer detectable. unless of course you happen to be one of those ill-fated asian americans (wink wink). a lot of it has to do with their bass ackwards way of rearing children, asians also aren't taught to be outgoing or aggressive so there isn't much room for self-esteem outside of shouting about how proud you are to be asian. sure sometimes it may look plain dumb, but I'd show mercy rather than scorn. of course, I'm biased.

vegertarianism:

I think there are two throngs of veggies: the ones who act out of conviction and are honestly hoping to affect change, and the ones who are riding the wave of mainstream fashion. the latter of the two is a recent development, however it is one not to overlook. there are, flat out, thousands of people who stop eating meat because it's cool. fuck it. social conciousness is becoming trendy too. everyone is gradually becoming more liberal and touchy-feely. everything must be equal and the same. blah blah. people suddenly start taking up causes at random (usually something being currently championed by a celebrity) to prove to everyone else that they do indeed care. if there is one thing I cannot stand to see it's people altering themselves, drastically, to fulfill someone else's need. like tattoos. suddenly everyone wants a tattoo, or a slutty belly-button piercing. what the fuck. everyone's trying so damn hard to be original they can't see that they're actually part of a damned sea of carbon copies. you're petty rebellion is actually part of a marketing ploy to broaden demographics. why can't anyone see that? trends are always jacked from the sub-culture, and vegetarianism is just the newest flavor of the month. same with your fucking the koi and kanji tattooed on your lower back. besides there are many ways to eat meat without supporting animal cruelty or trouncing their rights. there are tons of farms that support free-range animals and that practice ethical cultivation. you just have to look. to be honest I think a lot of vegetarians find it EASIER to just give up on meat rather than to practice smart consumption. plus you get to tell everyone that you're a vegetarian, thus giving them the impression that you are a wholesome, respectable person with a mind of their own. if you really want to get picky it is possible to raise your own animals. it's up to you whether or not you want to be emotionally attatched to them, they ARE food. I know at least two people that have established this routine in their own homes and refuse to eat any meat that wasn't killed by their own hand. it's not sadistic, it's simply pure. oops, I just noticed that someone already made this point. fuck it. my allergies are bad too, and now that claritin and all the rest are going non-prescription I'll just end up coughing over more cash. props to you for reading this shit.

quack!

vegans do not need to take supplements. have you ever read a book on nutrition? just because you eat meat doesn't make you any more knowledgeable on how to keep a nutritious diet. especially considering how many obese characters there are in america. i seriously doubt anything beyond your health class text book. any person that is vegetarian or vegan has hopefully read a book and knows where to get all the necessary vitamins. eating a vegan diet takes no more effort than a meat eating one.

the violence against asians seems to be rising very quickly. especially in britain. i think that asian awareness is important. especially since a lot of the younger generations are turning in thier culture for a more westernized one. that not only includes thoughs growing up in a foriegn country but also those in their native one. japanese kids feel that kanji is not cool and english is. so all graffiti is english, all their t shirts are in english. the music all seems to be styled after american pop artists. people tend to put less of themselves and their personal experience into their art and just recycle what is cool. the japanese language itself is becoming more and more english everyday. japanese words are being substituted with the english conterparts.

in terms of people of one race hanging out together. you must consider what would you do if you were to move to an asian country. who would you talk to? most likely americans or english speakers at least so be less judgemental of thoughs that hang in groups.

Originally posted by DISCO BRYSO:

if there's one thing I admire about this board it's that even though there are some ignorant, infant opinions out there the people who have actually put thought into what they believe still take the time to share what they think. i.e. Tearz' take on the perils of yellow america. I think nearly all of what he said is right on. the asian american struggle is an interesting one because it can't be given any sort of qualitative value. the struggle isn't monetary or physical so it gets subverted, and spun into something that is no longer detectable. unless of course you happen to be one of those ill-fated asian americans (wink wink). a lot of it has to do with their bass ackwards way of rearing children, asians also aren't taught to be outgoing or aggressive so there isn't much room for self-esteem outside of shouting about how proud you are to be asian. sure sometimes it may look plain dumb, but I'd show mercy rather than scorn. of course, I'm biased.

vegertarianism:

I think there are two throngs of veggies: the ones who act out of conviction and are honestly hoping to affect change, and the ones who are riding the wave of mainstream fashion. the latter of the two is a recent development, however it is one not to overlook. there are, flat out, thousands of people who stop eating meat because it's cool. fuck it. social conciousness is becoming trendy too. everyone is gradually becoming more liberal and touchy-feely. everything must be equal and the same. blah blah. people suddenly start taking up causes at random (usually something being currently championed by a celebrity) to prove to everyone else that they do indeed care. if there is one thing I cannot stand to see it's people altering themselves, drastically, to fulfill someone else's need. like tattoos. suddenly everyone wants a tattoo, or a slutty belly-button piercing. what the fuck. everyone's trying so damn hard to be original they can't see that they're actually part of a damned sea of carbon copies. you're petty rebellion is actually part of a marketing ploy to broaden demographics. why can't anyone see that? trends are always jacked from the sub-culture, and vegetarianism is just the newest flavor of the month. same with your fucking the koi and kanji tattooed on your lower back. besides there are many ways to eat meat without supporting animal cruelty or trouncing their rights. there are tons of farms that support free-range animals and that practice ethical cultivation. you just have to look. to be honest I think a lot of vegetarians find it EASIER to just give up on meat rather than to practice smart consumption. plus you get to tell everyone that you're a vegetarian, thus giving them the impression that you are a wholesome, respectable person with a mind of their own. if you really want to get picky it is possible to raise your own animals. it's up to you whether or not you want to be emotionally attatched to them, they ARE food. I know at least two people that have established this routine in their own homes and refuse to eat any meat that wasn't killed by their own hand. it's not sadistic, it's simply pure. oops, I just noticed that someone already made this point. fuck it. my allergies are bad too, and now that claritin and all the rest are going non-prescription I'll just end up coughing over more cash. props to you for reading this shit.

quack!

good to see we think alike in many aspects. to tell you the truth...im aware of people atempting "coolness" and let me assure you, my experimenting with vegetarianism for this week is just to see what its like. ohh man...i realy want a ham and cheese sandwhich...errrr...im not liking this..

------------------

$$$666MAKROS666$$$

Archived