Ebay Question

GucciCondom

Can you do anything if people rip you off?

I ordered a pair of shoes off that shit like a week ago and it hasn't come. The person's shit says they are based out of Canada. I emailed him and said give me a tracking number and he gave me some ETS express out of China or some shit and finally after trying to navigate a foreign web page I was able to find the tracking part and it says the AIR BILL number or some shit wasn't able to be found.

He said mail him back if I don't get it by Monday or Tuesday.

My question is, if this guy doesn't plan on giving me my shoes can I get him in trouble? Ofcourse there has to be some kind of thing I can do because if not people would just rip people off on Ebay for tons of loot and never send them their merchandise.

He has pretty much all positive feedback except for two neutrals about people not receiving their shoes until late and one about not receiving them and the guy wrote they were lost in shipping and gave a refund.

I was thinking maybe he ran out of the particular shoe I wanted and instead of telling me he just has been putting it off until he can get the shoe and send me it.

I am pretty fucking mad. I just want my shit.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

if he has all positive feedback, he's probably not screwing you. if the shoes are being shipped from china, it might take a minute. calmly write dude and express your concern, ask why the shoes are coming from china, and tell him the tracking number he gave didnt work. give him a chance to make it right before you involve a bunch of other shit. since you paid with paypal, you're covered. you have a month to file a claim with them, so give it another week and if the shoes arent here, and he hasent offered a refund of some kind, then contact both paypal and ebay. for the time being though, just relax. people take their feedback ratings really seriously, and dude isnt going to risk fucking it up over the cost of a pair of shoes.

Originally posted by seeking

if he has all positive feedback, he's probably not screwing you. if the shoes are being shipped from china, it might take a minute. calmly write dude and express your concern, ask why the shoes are coming from china, and tell him the tracking number he gave didnt work. give him a chance to make it right before you involve a bunch of other shit. since you paid with paypal, you're covered. you have a month to file a claim with them, so give it another week and if the shoes arent here, and he hasent offered a refund of some kind, then contact both paypal and ebay. for the time being though, just relax. people take their feedback ratings really seriously, and dude isnt going to risk fucking it up over the cost of a pair of shoes.

Sometimes people's accounts get hi-jacked. criminals look for accounts with a lot of positive feedback and then take over the account. you never really know. go on google and you will find plenty of stories dealing with things of this nature.

Originally posted by nomadawhat

What do you think the chances are of getting struck by lightning while getting ripped off on e-bay on an account with a 95% plus user rating??

just slightly better than the chances that tease will get a girl that doesnt deflate for easy storage.

;)

Originally posted by seeking

right, but there are millions of transactons that happen daily. you have just about as good of a chance of being struck by lightening, as having that happen to you.

I've actually had this happen to me twice. The first time it was a stolen account, and I got burned for about $25 in the end, after recovering some. Got a letter from the FBI telling me all my rights and everything. The second time dealing with a stolen account I waited, and the day before I paid I received an email from the account owner saying not to pay, as their account had been stolen 3 days prior and EBAY had still failed to do anything. The account had 6000+ positive feedback, and in the end the person who stole it made off with about $7500 I think. But yeah, in this case, give it some time. Worst comes to worst EBAY will refund everything but $25. Give it a week or two though.