ebay junkies

GREENOJOS

anyone else here a big fan of ebay? what kind of things do you buy / look for? a friend of mine just recently put me on to ebay (i was always hesitant to buy from it) but recently ive had a blast buying all kinds of different shit. although i thought you could find stuff on there for a lot cheaper in stores, i havent ran into any crazy cheap deals. i recently bought some new subs, and some tattoo mags so far.

so, who else here is a fan of ebay? any bad experiences? let's hear them.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i browse ebay numerous times throughout the day just looking at

whatever comes to my mind. i quite frequently buy and sell stuff

off ebay, and think it's just a good idea. you can find shit for wayy

cheaper than the price offered in stores, or you can find shit that

you would not be able to find elsewhere.

Originally posted by mackfatsoe@Apr 12 2005, 12:37 AM

i recently discovered the unbelievable awesome that is a toasted bagel with turkey and kraft cheese.

edit: typo.

that sounds kickin...must try

if im really ambitious, i stick some onions between the cheese and roast beef, and nuke it for melted scrumptiousness.

Originally posted by mackfatsoe@Apr 11 2005, 09:53 PM

I thought it was just my computer, I guess 12 oz is just a little fucked up.

I guess to many people checkin out 12oz..I was able to log in just a while ago..All day i kept gettin that message..Then again I tought it was me cause I'm still running with 56k.. :yuck:

I've been tempted to buy some synths and drum machines off e-bay, but I'm worried about spending that much money and getting something that is broken. Those types of things really need to be tested out before you buy them if they are used.

Also, I get really discouraged by the bidbots that people set up for those things, such a pain in the ass, I've lost several items because of that.

yeah, getting bunk items is always in the back of my mind. and it

is a pain in the ass to get the whole situation straightened out, but

if worse comes to worse and say that your relative is a lawyer, and

you will be forced to resort to legal action unless proper reimburse-

ment(sp?) is made.

or you can just find their addy, and stab them

Guest imported_b0b

My name is b0b and I am an ebay addict.

However this addiction has helped me in real life. My wife wanted to buy some artwork and enquired at the same time as someone else. The guy selling it said he would sell by sealed envelope auction, so we had to write down how much we'd pay for it (as did the other prospective buyer). My wife was saying £10 and I made her do £10.01. We hand the bids in and the other buyer had put £10 down so we won the auction by 1p. Ebay has given my valuable life skills now.

I've been on eBay for 5 years now...I was once really addicted to eBay. I enjoyed getting packages in the mail on the regular. I would bid on too many items at a time...

That addiction has been broken...now I mostly sell shit on eBay. If you're careful with your bids you won't have negative experiences. Only bid on items that have photos and fair shipping prices. Don't get ripped off by omitting the details.

Read the dealers feedback if you are scared of taking a loss.

Yeah bOb,and you got me hooked!!!! 1167 feedback rating later...cheers mate! ;)

Originally posted by b0b@Apr 12 2005, 12:26 PM

My name is b0b and I am an ebay addict.

However this addiction has helped me in real life. My wife wanted to buy some artwork and enquired at the same time as someone else. The guy selling it said he would sell by sealed envelope auction, so we had to write down how much we'd pay for it (as did the other prospective buyer). My wife was saying £10 and I made her do £10.01. We hand the bids in and the other buyer had put £10 down so we won the auction by 1p. Ebay has given my valuable life skills now.

yeah i sell and buy shit on here all the time. usually i buy certain video games for cheaper prices than the store, dvd movies, certain artwork, sometimes books, sometimes clothes all because they're usually cheaper, just random shit. i recently just sold an ipod, a stack of dvd's, some jeans, an autographed muhamad ali picture (with frame), and an enyce velour shirt... i notice when it comes to selling "hip hop clothing", i get a lot of customers from sweden. most expensive shit i bought was an authentic game-worn lamar odom jersey