EAT YOUR HEART OUT OTHER RELIGIONS...

EL MASKO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Hmmm well, I have been painting with spraypaint for 9 years. The last half of which, completely legal. As I let go of the desire for fame that comes with painting illegally, I have watched awesome things happen in my life. Don't get me wrong I didn't just wake up one day and say "fame is wack". It was a slow learning process. The more I understand that our lives on earth are as long as a fingersnap compared to eternity, the more fame seems silly. Trying to make sure I was "up" enough to have people see my tags was a giant rat race. Graffiti culture is so anti-suit and tie, like, "those guys are zombies just drifting through life". But the truth is that most writers are ,themselves, spinning there wheels while they try to keep their crew impressed, girls hearing their name, hitting landmark spots(spots where tags are hard to remove). Society tells these guys that they are products of there bad childhood and they just need to learn how to love themselves before they can love the people around them and respect other peoples property. What???? These guys write their own name as big as a van daily and write there name at least a hundred times a week on paper to make sure it looks fresh! They are in love with themselves! the truth is they were born loving themselves. So what is gonna make them learn to respect people and property??

Well, when your life is consumed with fame, and the fear of losing fame means loosing respect, looks from girls, and friends, your gonna step on any toes you have to! They need a friend that won't bounce when every other friend does. They need the knowledge that this life isn't the longest timespan they will know. because if it is then... anarchy, dog-eat-dog, every man for himself. They need Jesus! They need the insurance that God is waiting in heaven for them. Eternity goes on after life on earth is over and its spent in one of two places. Just because you can't see a headache or don't "believe" you will ever get one doesn't mean that pain isn't gonna hit you one day! Textbooks say we evolved... life begins and ends on earth, and educators/society wonders why they are looking out for "____" one.

Oh, and painting makes me feel good but I feel better when that painting leaves an eternal perspective in the viewers mind. It's a win-win.

-Fasm

I personally could care less about Christianity in a general sense. I am all for something that empowers people and I think some of the things Christ said were valuable to living... but I don't think that making posts like "eat your heart out other religions" (I understand and hope that is not serious) is a positive way to present it. Good for you, you love Jesus but why get all pretentious about it. I am sure that there are lots of people on here that do amazing things outside of graffiti but don't feel the need to push it with it's own separate post.

I speak 3 languages and have lived in a foreign country lets start a Spanish post to show all those non-spanish speaking suckers whats up. It's just tacky.

why believe in fairy tales ? "God will help you if you help yourself."

yea no kidding ?

"donate money to the church help support our fairy tales"

if you notice, a lot of people who have ever achieved something great in science, finance, art and maybe some other areas, have been free of religion.

Originally posted by metallix

why believe in fairy tales ? "God will help you if you help yourself."

yea no kidding ?

"donate money to the church help support our fairy tales"

if you notice, a lot of people who have ever achieved something great in science, finance, art and maybe some other areas, have been free of religion.

yeah I know, huh....you NEVER see any good religious art ever.....:rolleyes:

Originally posted by prismacolor

because of this judgemental jesus mumble jumble Im going to burn down a nativity scene tonight.

I love diecide

coup

first of all if you are going to be a blasphemous moron, spell the term you are trying to use right. seeing as it was a band that was decent it shouldnt be that hard.

true fundamentalism is not judgemental, basically the judgement lies in the perversion of translation not in jesus himself. one bad apple shouldnt spoilt the whole bunch. alot can be learned from christ's life, and that shouldnt affect your view on the world there will always be idiots like baptists (that was a joke chill out they know they are idiots.) we all think the inquisition and holocaust was wrong as hell, but not "fundies" they are fake a real fundamentalist understands that there is more than one path to "salvation" which in true religion isnt the point of it all... it is your interpersonal relationship between soul and absolute.

deicide for the non speller.

somone say my india stuff was good please please please.

i believe in god because i beleive he blessed me with a gift.and theres a lot of dope christian writers like hex,and chaka. but im not so sure how well christianity and graf mix.but i cant front ive painted a few church plays before and in utah there are some dope ass mormon writers,but i think we shouldnt mix skils with religion. you gotta make graff what you want it to b for you legal,illegal,religious, whatever.

OKAY EVERYONE LISTEN...I GOT THE TITLE FOR THIS POST FROM SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE. THEY WERE DOING A COMMERCIAL FOR A GREATEST MOMENTS OF THE 2000 OLYMPICS. AND THEY HAD THE THREE TRACK STARS IN THAT ALL OUT GLORY FAMOUS PICTURE OF THEM DRAPED IN THE AMERICAN FLAG. AND IT SAID "EAT YOUR HEART OUT OTHER COUNTRIES". I AM NOT ONE TO SINGLE OUT. I HAVE FRIENDS OF ALL FAITHS, SO NO HARM WAS THOUGHT HERE. ALSO I DIDN'T KNOW HOW MANY OF YOU WOULD TURN THIS POST INTO SOME RELIGIOUS CAMP.

Archived