earliest memory

ubejinxed

hi there, happy monk-day!

its sorta funny all my memories seem to blur and i can't really distinguish what my earliest memory is. i remember things but i can't discern whether they are fabricated memories from a photo or a dream.

i think remembering my house when we were younger, but nothing of the interactions, it's sort of fuzzy and dream like though.

so i'm wondering what are your earliest memories?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract

I remember grabbing a pencil and marking the whole house with scriblles, doors, tables, floors....then i remember my dad with an eraser..kinda pissed.

my first memory is me lying in bed with a blanket we still have today I must've been like 2 or somethin.

The next memory is me holdin on to my bed cause we were moving to a different town and I didnt want to leave I must've been around 2 1/2 at that time...

I had one of my dad's bob marley tapes from way back

(this was in '81) and I realised that if you pull out that black

ribbon thing... it would just keept coming out! Imagine the fun!

Well the part I remeber was my pops getting pissed and my

mom using a pen to wind the tape back into the casette.

Plus I have a ton of really early memories from around the age of 2.

I actually have a mantal image of my first birthday party (kermit the

frog theme)

and there's aren't any pictures of it in the photoalbums so I'm not sure if

it's a real memory or if I'm just remebering something I saw later.

My earliest memory?.....The first 4 years of my life were spent in a hospital.

I remember sitting in the hospital waiting for my breakfast(I wanted French toast).....I waited,waited,and waited some more-when my food finally came it was a cheeseburger......I was around 3 or 4....oh yeah,I haven't eaten a cheeseburger since then.....

When I was 6, or 7, me and my mom took a trip up to New Zealand. The clearest memory I have, is swimming at a rec center, and having the guy, who was hosing down the deck, spray me with the hose. I wasn't too happy. Also, on that trip, we had to make a stop off in Fiji, and they wanted to rip open my fav stuffed animal, and I tripped out large. Also, in Fiji, the airport ceilings were fairly tall, and they had these huge black stains on them, or so me and my mom though, that is untill one of those stains moved. Turns out they are these like huge spiders. Shit creeped me out.

earliest memory? the only one i can guarantee i remember that wasn't fabricated with a flick somewhere along the line was from preschool. this kid was drinking his chocolate milk. he dropped it in this tub of bubble solution, so he started drinking all the bubble water. he spent the rest of the afternoon vomiting with bubbles coming out of his mouth.

i fucking swear to god this happened.

Originally posted by 455

My earliest memory?.....The first 4 years of my life were spent in a hospital.

why is that?

my earliest memory is when my street flooded. me and a couple friends in the street were riding out bikes thru it. i remember an older girl in the street asking me how old i was and i didn't know. i musta been around 3 or 4

Originally posted by ARCEL

tonight is kind of a blur

:lol:

That would be so cool if i could remember any thing as early as you guys. Drinking and smoking has taken its toll on my mind.

Maybe the first thing i can remember is around 5. I was over at this girls house and we were looking in one of her dads art books at naked people. Then he walked in unexpectedly and we slammed the book closed and I ran home.

Fast forward 17 years and its pretty much the same thing only not with pictures.:lol:

First memories for most people start around the age of 4. Before then, according to current theory, most people's hippocampi aren't developed well enough to remember things clearly. Most people's first memories will have a fairly strong to strong emotion tied with them, as emotion helps encoding.

when i was three playing with legos outside with my cousin on the lawn when i lived in oklahoma city, oklahoma.

4 seeing my babysitter naked with my cousin who was 8 at the time

4 playing in this big ass drainage ditch with my cousin and his step brothers, and i found a bird with a broken wing(cant remember what type of bird though) and we took it back to the house and i think either my cousin or one of his step brothers blew the bird up with an m-80.

when i was two-4 i remeber being in the garage poplocking and breakdancing with my cousins to herbie hancock,afrikaa bambaata

4 1/2 i saw my first horror movie "silver bullet" and laughed through the whole thing.

5 there was a huge tornado in 85 and me and my mom had to stay in the basement bathtub almost all night.

my first girlfriend........playing doctor behind the slide...steady pimpin at 4 years old

5 after the tornado i remeber being half awake on a greyhound..and every time i smell those cowtail candies i think about las vegas and hesperia and deserts...and the first time i stepped foot in california

Originally posted by Fugazi

First memories for most people start around the age of 4.

not all minds are created equal.

Plus there a many things locked away in the grey matter

that we dont have access in our normal consciousness.

Here's one:

When I was four there were these two little blond girls that lived on my street.

This was when girls wore little dresses and boys would sport the cords.

anyways... me and these two little girls (who were the same age as me... jerks!)

used to have some serious 'show-and-tell' sessions. I wish I could remember their names!

I can remeber my childhood very clearly.

My first memory at age 2: I had this baby blue toy that I loved. I was upstairs at my grandmas house and I lost the toy. I remember not being able to find it and not understanding where it could have gone. I just had it and it couldn't have gone anywhere else. So I guess you could say my first memory was confusion.

Archived