Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

dying hair

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by WALE!pd, Aug 18, 2002.

1. WALE!pd

WALE!pd 12oz Loyalist

ok so ive pretty much dyed my mohawk every color under the rainbow and havent been happy with any of the dyes.... they either dont last long or the color is WEAK.... anyone know a good dye with good colors that lasts long? im looking for green , red or pink mainly

2. aerosoled

aerosoled Member

hahaha fashion punk...

3. postaholic

postaholic Guest

put soem etch bath on your head to clear out all the other colors so when you re do it, the color will really stick!!! :idea:

:rolleyes:

4. sect one

sect one Elite Member

ive been seeing more people with mohawks today i actually saw a guy with one today they comin back or somethin?....

5. WALE!pd

WALE!pd 12oz Loyalist

no not fashion punk lol i dont even put my mohawk up often and most of the time i wear a hat but when i do put it up i dont like it being blonde it looks stupid... anyways the etch bath... no... melt my hair off and my skin ill pass lol

6. serpent of the light

serpent of the light Member

haha, fuck mohawks. just use paint dude. i'm serious, like, its obvious you don't care about your scalp's health, so just go all out.

i shaved my hawk off like 2 years ago. damn am i proud too.

7. ToYs

ToYs Guest

back in the day when i dyed my hair i would bleach it first then put in some "special effects" brand hair dye... it wouldnt come out till it grew out.

8. WALE!pd

WALE!pd 12oz Loyalist

eh unfortunnantly punk is now trendy like most things are but shit passes... any who yea ive had mine 3 years

9. 12ozProfesor

12ozProfesor New Jack

yeah its the blonde that makes it look stupid

10. KaBar

KaBar Senior Member

We used to go to punk clubs when I was in the Marine Corps, back in 1977. What's that, twenty-five years ago? Shit, the babies my brother Marines were fathering with all those punk girls are out of college now. I hated the music, but we fit right in with Marine Corps buzz-cuts and high and tights. My favorite punk club was Mabuhay Gardens in San Francisco. We'd fly up on a weekend out of LAX, party all night, get more fucked up on Sunday, tell the girls bye and fly home Sunday night. But, man, 0430 sure came EARLY on Monday. The boys would be standing tall in 0700 Platoon formation and you could smell the whiskey clear back in the Fourth Squad rank. Let's see. if she was 18 in 1977, that means she is FORTY-THREE now. Too old even for a MILF. Maybe a GMILF, LOL. She dyed her hair pink and had a bunch of things pierced. Crazy ass punker girls. But boy howdy--what a ride!

11. Comp

Comp Senior Member

what the fuck are you talking about?

12. bug

bug Guest

he's telling a story of the old days, before you were born. Mabuhay Gardens hosted many shows of classic SF bands like Flipper and Dead Kennedys.

interesting note about Mabuhay Gradens. Ian MacKaye went there around 1980 or so, and at the door they asked if he was old enough to drink. he said no, and that he didn't drink, so they marked a huge fat X on the back of his hand with permanent ink that wouldn't come off for days. when he went back to DC, he wanted to go to a show, but the club wouldn't let kids in. Ian met up with the club owner and said him and his friends would have big X's marked on thir hands. If any bouncer sees anyone with an X on their hand drinking, they'll get thrown out. From there it snowballed, and now dumbasses are tattooing huge XXXs on their chests.

13. serpent of the light

serpent of the light Member

dumbasses? because we believe in freeing your mind and body from self destruction and we're proud of it? sorry, that doesnt make anybody a dumbass.

14. VANDALISTIKO

VANDALISTIKO Junior Member

no, but the fact that you made that statement right there does, actually pride for something like that does make you a dumbass, same spectrum as racist proud of their race, just to a certain degree.

15. WALE!pd

WALE!pd 12oz Loyalist

ahhh the good ole days..