DVD's Worth Buying?

Hermdog

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest KING BLING

The new LOTR with the extra 50 minutes is quality...

Garden State, Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind, and Lost in translation are all great movies with romantic themes...

Any Hayao Miyazaki movie is at least a must see, and I recommend just buying them.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force

...shit, what tastes do you have? Sci Fi and Comic movies?

in the last week or two i have added

Simpsons season 5

Anchorman, unedited

Wake up Ron Burgandy

Aqua Teen Hunger Force Vol. 3

Napolean Dynamite (this movie fuckin sucked)

Dodgeball

and a couple other to my collection, i recomend the all except for Napolean Dynamite.

this is a good topic...

i personallyfind it a waste of money to build a DVD collection...i mean i might watch a DVD twice then never want to watch it again...

i have friends who have these huuuuge collections and its just wasted money sitting on the shelf....they never watch them...

so what is the point...??

anyone feel the same??

no pffffft, no. dvd's are like crack. i need them. i love movies. i don't know why i do it, but, i am a dvd collector. i keep all my dvd's in their correct cases all of them intact with inserts. every tuesday (when new dvd's are released) you will find me at Best Buy. i currently have over 500 dvd's in my collection.

yeah... i just got a DVD burner, so i don't plan on buying another DVD ever. i'm kind of with Pfffffft on this one... but i think it's more because i rarely ever have the desire to see a movie more than once. the few exceptions are the ones i own on dvd. DETO, figure each of those dvds cost on average about $20-$25.... that's over $10,000 spent on movies that in 5 years will most likely be obsolete thanks to new disc technology being introduced like Blu-ray. not too long down the road, dvds are going to be today's VHS.

on a side note.... Gnome, what DVD-Rs do you use? i've heard all sorts of stories as to which kinds are the most compatible for dvd players. any suggestions?

my friend said not to get dvd's that are not anamorphic.

they won't be compatible with the new tvs. the picture

will have a black box around it. i don't know if that matters

to you, but it does to me. just a dvd hunting tip froma friend.

he saw i was going to grab office space, but he said i should wait

for the updated rerelease on dvd...anamorphic, deleted scenes...etc.

dvd to buy:

wavetwisters

style wars

wild style

bedtime stories (wyws)

scratch

the freshest kids

Guest KING BLING

If you have a lady definately pick up the romantic leaning movies mentioned above, if she's at all into more artistic movies these will entertain both of you.

If you can find it, 'East is East' is great and for action I recommend Ronin or The Last Samurai...

Herbivore, I'm just using some elcheapo dynex 4x DVD+Rs right now, haven't had a problem yet, but then our DVD player is one of those things that's meant to play any burned media including DVDs full of DiVX AVIs and whatnot. Nothing like fitting 7-8 full length movies on one disc. The dual layer media is still too expensive but it's supposed to be compatible with my player. DVD-Rs had no problems playing it either.

Originally posted by slave_one+Dec 29 2004, 06:18 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (slave_one - Dec 29 2004, 06:18 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-villain@Dec 29 2004, 03:36 PM

I just got Ghost in the Shell 2 : Innocence in the mail... woot!

you can send that over to me. kthx.

how did you get it? or better yet,

where did you order it from?

[/b]

I ordered it off amazon... I'll send it to you when I'm done.

Thanks for the stickers and the card by the way! Much, much appreciated. :)

Originally posted by DETO@Dec 29 2004, 09:36 PM

every tuesday (when new dvd's are released) you will find me at Best Buy. i currently have over 500 dvd's in my collection.

Exactly like this guy i work with.. He has every god damn electronic store insert from every newspaper EVERY saturday.. Its fucking insane, dude has 1600 DVDS and over like 2,000 tapes.. Every wednesday he comes to work and states the EXACT # of DVDs in his collection because he had bought like 2 or 3 the tuesday night before.. Its funny because every employee has now started collecting.. its fucked up..