dumbass kid gets stuck in a toy grabber.

MOOGLE?

The rescue of a 7-year-old Sheboygan boy from an arcade game machine in a local grocery store apparently started the clock running on his 15 minutes of fame.

After failing in an attempt to win a stuffed animal from the coin-operated game, Timmy Novotny climbed into the machine Saturday through the 8-by-10-inch opening where the toys come out.

But once in, he couldn’t get out.

A Sheboygan Press story on the hourlong rescue sparked media interest that resulted in Timothy, his parents and a Sheboygan fire official being flown to New York to be interviewed on Tuesday’s “Good Morning America” news program.

Timmy’s father, Frank Novotny, told Diane Sawyer, co-anchor of the ABC show, that he was talking on a nearby pay phone at the Piggly Wiggly, 3124 S. Business Drive, while his son played the game. When he turned around, Timmy was inside the glass-enclosed machine among the stuffed animals.

“There was no way to turn him around inside the machine and get him back out,” Novotny said to Sawyer.

Timmy told Sawyer that getting into the machine was pretty easy.

“Never in my 29 years have I seen anything like this,” said Fire Commander Mark Zittel.

Instead of breaking into the machine, the fire department called S J Locksmithing of Sheboygan and moved the machine to the back of the store.

A shy Timmy told Saw-yer that when he got out of the machine, he thanked the firefighters and then dashed to the bathroom.

Piggly Wiggly has since removed the game.

Gina Speckman, Timmy’s mother, who was not at the store during the incident, said she had a hard time believing what happened.

“Just to get in there in the first place was amazing to me,” she said on the show.

Speckman is now calling her son, “little Houdini.”

Timmy’s story also was featured on Monday night’s “Countdown” news program on MSNBC.

Timmy and his parents were still in New York on Tuesday evening. Attempts to reach them at the Millennium Broadway Hotel in New York were unsuccessful.

Sheboygan Weather

Temp: 22 °F

Hi: 29 °F

Lo: 13 °F

...........but on the other hand the busy sheboygan police still manage to give me a ticket for being on my longboard downtown on the street..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

the link for above with a picture

Piggly Wiggly picks up tab for freeing boy from ‘toy-grabber’

By Jenny Keppert

Sheboygan Press staff

Sheboygan-based Fresh Brands Inc., which operates Piggly Wiggly, won’t be sending a locksmith’s bill to Timothy Novotny’s parents.

Timmy, 7, of Sheboygan, had to be rescued from a stuffed animal game machine Saturday after he maneuvered his way into it at the Washington Square Piggly Wiggly. Because the Sheboygan Fire Department didn’t want to break the machine, S J Locksmithing of Sheboygan was called to break the lock on the machine.

S J Locksmithing sent the bill to Piggly Wiggly.

Michael Houser, vice chairman of the board, executive vice president and chief marketing officer for Fresh Brands, said the company is paying for the locksmith bill, which was under $100.

Houser said the company was testing three of the machines in its stores to measure customer interest.

“We didn’t think they would like them so much that they would crawl in them,” he said.

The game was supplied by Win Stuff of Chicago, Houser said.

“We didn’t handle the product or the money,” he said.

“The incident was certainly unexpected,” Houser said. “It was a positive outcome. The child wasn’t hurt.”

Houser is amazed at how Timmy was able to get inside the machine and the amount of publicity that the story has received.

“It’s absolutely incredible to me,” Houser said. “It’s been on every major news network.”

Since Saturday’s incident, Fresh Brands has pulled all three machines from its stores.

http://www.wisinfo.com/sheboyganpress/news..._14063918.shtml

wich also sucks cause they had ten and twenty dollor bills stuck to a few greenbay packer dolls...and the one on the southside was all fucked up so you could get five tries for a dollor.. oh well

hahahaha that's quite funny

yo moog, i used to have a long board, now i ride old school skateboards coz i'm cool like that, but the point is, i like shoes with thin soles, like converses. the other day at the store i saw some wrestling shoes which i think would be perfect, because they have a little rubber peice on the bottom which functions as a sole, and i was like, arcel, you have to get some of those sometime.

arcel/smirnoff status

those shoes feel funny when you walk around normally though..addidas yea?

yea i used to have this bad ass fish tailed fiberglass longboard in california , so my shoes of choice were converse allstars, or those steve madden shoes that look like bowling shoes.

but here since i have a new wood deck and for some odd reason there are a shitload of hills in this town i stick to gbx boots or vans so when i stop with my foot i dont burn a hole in my shoe within a week.

i was thinking about getting a pair of gravis shoes for spring for lakeside riding....black so i could look all gothhippied out

Originally posted by MOOGLE?

those shoes feel funny when you walk around normally though..addidas yea?

yea i used to have this bad ass fish tailed fiberglass longboard in california , so my shoes of choice were converse allstars, or those steve madden shoes that look like bowling shoes.

but here since i have a new wood deck and for some odd reason there are a shitload of hills in this town i stick to gbx boots or vans so when i stop with my foot i dont burn a hole in my shoe within a week.

i was thinking about getting a pair of gravis shoes for spring for lakeside riding....black so i could look all gothhippied out

yeah, i guess wrestling shoes wouldn't be too good for downhill riding, however i don't really do that, i had a longboard with a kicktail and mostly did powerslides and fancy turns and that type of thing

the shoes i have now are the vision street wear duane peters model, they're pretty much converses, yet more durable

naw me and powerslides dont get along but fanshy turns i can do

damn man kinda makes me wanna race you arcel. hell if we are ever in san pedro or malibu ca at the same time ..i'm down if you are..but first i gotta find a way out of this shit town

also as a side note.....all arrest records are printed each day in the newspaper in sheboygan with the persons full name and address and what they did......

Originally posted by MOOGLE?

naw me and powerslides dont get along but fanshy turns i can do

damn man kinda makes me wanna race you arcel. hell if we are ever in san pedro or malibu ca at the same time ..i'm down if you are..but first i gotta find a way out of this shit town

hahaha that reminds me of the time the summer before last i raced this black kid going downhill, i had my trucks way loose, and i got to wobbling real bad, so i squatted down and grabbed the board, which made it worse, then something happened and i was rolling and my board was sliding along upside down. i didn't get a scratch on me. hahaha that was pretty darn funny

So, this is how i understand it, this stupid kid climbs into a machine, which any stupid person could, gets stuck because he is an idiot, and cant get out. He successfully ruined it for any other kid ever getting anything out of the machine becaue he is and idiot. Then he is praised and shown to the world like he cured cancer?

Now, if i broke into a something that was equivalent in proportion to that idiot kid and his size, it would be a small store. If i broke in and couldnt get out, i would be sent to jail for robbery... does anyone else think that story is fucked up? And that the kid should be hit with a crowbar in the face?

You're so harsh! The opening thing he climbed in is 8x10". Think of it,

that's less than the size of a sheet of paper. Next, the thing twists all

around and shit before you get to the toy. That's impressive.

Let him be a hero and become something to entertain me in 5 years.

Originally posted by S@T@N

You're so harsh! The opening thing he climbed in is 8x10". Think of it,

that's less than the size of a sheet of paper. Next, the thing twists all

around and shit before you get to the toy. That's impressive.

Let him be a hero and become something to entertain me in 5 years.

nah, fuck that little kid. He will grow up and sue mcdonalds cuz he spilled coffee on himself or something like that....i wish he suffocated

• 6 years later...
So, this is how i understand it, this stupid kid climbs into a machine, which any stupid person could, gets stuck because he is an idiot, and cant get out. He successfully ruined it for any other kid ever getting anything out of the machine becaue he is and idiot. Then he is praised and shown to the world like he cured cancer?

Now, if i broke into a something that was equivalent in proportion to that idiot kid and his size, it would be a small store. If i broke in and couldnt get out, i would be sent to jail for robbery... does anyone else think that story is fucked up? And that the kid should be hit with a crowbar in the face?

Your father's latent homosexuality.