Due to the Outlawing of the word "Evolution".....

Hank Parker

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/EDUCATION/01/30/st...g.evolution.ap/

this shit really sickens me!

cnn.com

ATLANTA, Georgia (AP) -- The state's school superintendent has proposed striking the word evolution from Georgia's science curriculum and replacing it with the phrase "biological changes over time."

The change is included in more than 800 pages of draft revisions to Georgia's curriculum that have been posted by the Department of Education on its Web site. The middle and high school standards are expected to be voted on by the state Board of Education in May, after public feedback.

Superintendent Kathy Cox said the concept of evolution would still be taught under the proposal, but the word would not be used. The proposal would not require schools to buy new textbooks omitting the word evolution and would not prevent teachers from using it.

Cox repeatedly referred to evolution as a "buzzword" Thursday and said the ban was proposed, in part, to alleviate pressure on teachers in socially conservative areas where parents object to its teaching.

"If teachers across this state, parents across this state say, 'This is not what we want,' then we'll change it," said Cox, a Republican elected in 2002.

Educators and legislators criticized the proposal, saying science teachers understand the theories behind evolution and how to teach them.

"Here we are, saying we have to improve standards and improve education, and we're just throwing a bone to the conservatives with total disregard to what scientists say," said state Rep. Bob Holmes, a Democrat.

Social conservatives who prefer religious creation to be taught instead of evolution criticized the proposal as well.

"If you're teaching the concept without the word, what's the point?" said Rep. Bobby Franklin, a Republican. "It's stupid. It's like teaching gravity without using the word gravity."

evolution:

A gradual process in which something changes into a different and usually more complex or better form. See Synonyms at development.

The process of developing.

Gradual development.

Biology.

Change in the genetic composition of a population during successive generations, as a result of natural selection acting on the genetic variation among individuals, and resulting in the development of new species.

The historical development of a related group of organisms; phylogeny.

A movement that is part of a set of ordered movements.

Mathematics. The extraction of a root of a quantity.

ok, so evolution means the same thing as: "biological changes over time." why is there such a need to use that term and not evolution??

is it, cause it will still remind people that we "evolved" from apes and not that we were "created"??

we are so obviously influenced by a christian morality agenda somewhere in our government.

i dont remeber the particulars, but i remeber in history class about this teacher in the south (i dont remeber which state) that was teaching darwins theory of evolution and etc, when it was illegal. i dont remeber much, i was too busy mack'n to the fat chick that sat infront of me.

rock and roll.

I thought this was a joke. Looks like rationalism and the enlightenment are losing ground.

There was I thought, a separation of church and state. I thought for a time a separation of capital and state would be good too but then I thought that there would still be money passing under the table. Currency, cashflow, fluid, slipping between the cracks.

I hate people. It's obvious that they aren't against evolution, they're just

trying to win the votes of the Jesus heads.

Fucking morons.

Do they not realize that kids who take AP Bio basically create evolution

over a 2 week period? In my class, we created E. Coli bacteria that were

immune to a few cillins. Were they like that before? No. Did "God"

change them? No. What happened? A biological change due to mutation

of DNA.

They're afraid that the more evolution is accepted, Christianity will be less

believable, and the mass control device that's been in use since the Dark

Ages will fade into nothingness.

Originally posted by S@T@N

Fucking morons.

of DNA.

Well put S@T@N.

This country's capacity for full-fledged morons is about to overflow.

Originally posted by S@T@N

Fucking morons.

of DNA.

AP biology is horseshit. Most Christians, I would guess, would believe that animals and humans are still evolving, as is the truth. To deny that would be illogical. What Christians would disagree with is the fact that humans were originally something other than human. Mass control device of religion? God. I hope you're not one of those conspiracy theory, buck the system type faggots. Everything can be called a mass control device. Television. Media. McDonald's. Don't be so paranoid about religion. No one cares what you or I have to say.