Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Drug Addiction

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by toaztlove, Mar 2, 2004.

1. toaztlove

toaztlove New Jack

I'm going to take a moment to drop my thoughts on drug addiction, in the hopes that we can build for a better tomorrow or something. The post about Davis made me want to do this... and I'm not trying to be-little the death of your friend iquit, I've lost a couple homies to the dope and it sucks... my heart goes out to you

You can ask an addict why he/she uses drugs, or better yet ask yourself (if thats one of your afflictions or hobbies or however you view it). You might be suprised that the answer is elusive. At first you might say some bullshit 'because its fun', but you can dig deeper than that.

I often wonder why, but I was forunate enough to be blessed with lots of drugs and plenty of time in rehabs when I was younger, I'm still young and I can at least see myself getting carried away, if nothing else I can let someone know straight up that I need help. Alot of my friends haven't had such luxuries and they're stuck trying to figure things out for themselves, and I fear for some it was too late the first time they hit that fat rail. I'm not saying I'm a wise drug user, but I think wise use of drugs is possible.

If a substance can make you feel so good, make you feel like you just need $20 and you can get happy, that can be a problem. Society enforces emotional stupidity, get emotionally wiser and you can use drugs more wisely. I truly believe that a lot of drugs have as much potential to do positive things to a persons life as they do to fuck one's life up. I also think a lot of legal drugs are garbage and some legal drug dealers AKA psychiatrists are fucking scumbags. I don't think drug problems lie in the drugs themselves, but more how people use them, and why.

I don't know, I kind of rambled on here. I know the 12oz. rules say no drugs, but this is some real shit right here. I'm nto trying to have people respond and say I did XYZ last night and got fucked up, but if some folks want to respond about drug addiction, personal experiences, thoughts, all that, I think it'd be nice to hear. maybe I can formulate my own thoughts better at a later date.

2. GnomeToys

GnomeToys Elite Member

It is about willpower. I've done hydromorphone, coke, meth, and an array of other addictive shit and always knew when to stop. The only drugs I do anymore are hallucinogens that usually run me something like $2.00 for a 12 hour trip, don't fuck around with street drugs anymore. Fuck a dealer.

3. Sorry but despite the intentions, i cant see how this thread could be held under control without violating the rules. I waited a bit before i did that but i guess you all see where its going.

4. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

in the interest of trying to actually bring a little something positive to the world, let's try and see if people can be somewhat responsible and adult like.

5. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

Society is going to shit. Honestly, how do we expect the rich kids of today to be our leaders of tomorrow when they are putting holes in their brain?

6. this has the potential to be a good, useful discussion and dialoge, but will be moderated heavily. any bullshit will not be tolerated, and edited without question or explanation.

7. !@#$%

[email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

when i was embroiled in the worst depression of my life, drugs kept me from killing myself..
    that's hard for anyone who hasn't been that depressed to understand.

i still use them as a crutch.

they've had their positive influence on my life
    but also negative ones too.
    no regrets i guess.

8. ERIZENO

ERIZENO Senior Member

I know i am an addict, but that was the legacy passed onto me from the wonderful generations before me. I watched my dad destroy his life cuz he couldnt face his fears, the bottom of that bottle was a better place than the difficult things he had at home. He left us when i was about 12 so right as drugs started to show up in my peer groups i avoided them like the plague. in my late teens i tried acid, love it ... that was my pandoras box. I allways kept in mind my family history, yet i experimented around a bit keeping one rule (no snorting, no slamming)
    in my early 20's i started to smoke bowls and i let that get out of hand, i know it holds me back in many aspects of my life yet i feel its my Prozack. I tired shrooms in 2000 and venture back there once and a while ... when in that open state i often wound up upset with my addiction, just this year on new years i had a very positive experience there and it has helped in many ways. I have greatly reduced my (false) need to smoke, and treat it the way i want to, not letting it control me. I was able to maintain all the things that go with adult life, bills, the 9-5, etc.. but the smoke was holding me back. I feel i have broken the bonds that showed up when i spent more time stoned than sober, yet i can still enjoy a bowl at the end of a long day much like most do with a single glass of wine or a beer.
    i will drink but i still hold much respect of the drink and seriously watch myself with that one, i have only been hungover enough times to count on one hand.

i still have never tried coke, H, meth ... i know myself and i know i cant try those, past that i dont have much intrest in any of them.

i dont know who said it but all of the psycologists giving out all these new drugs that effect mood frighten me more than street drugs ... they cant even tell you how they work ... if you ask watch them squirm or they may be up front and say no one knows. thats not cool i dont want shit in my body when i dont know where its from.

9. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

ahhhh....

I think that we're living in a time where people dont really watch what they put into their systems, be it gen-mod foods or whatever happens to come in that gelcap. We're also looking for the quick fix in everything from microwave dinners to getting over depression. Escapism is tolerated these days to the point where binge eating or abusing slepping pills is seen as a normal fact of life, but it really shouldnt be.

lunch break.... I'll be back to this one soon.

10. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

I've been around people that are strict recreational users and some that are full blown addicted. I think the only reasons I've never really used are the fact that I know I have an addictive personality and I've seen a couple friends destroy their lives and their families.

11. spectr

spectr Guest

Drug addiction is fucked up i know way to many people who are addicted to drugs myself probally included i have watched quite a few friends throw it all down the drain using different things had friends drop overnight thinking to myself shit when did he start using, its some hard shit i personally just overcame a recent demon and am trying to combat some others though all i can do is keep on living trying to survive paying rent and put food in my stomach.

12. metallix

metallix Elite Member

well from an economic stand point addictive drugs have an inelastic demand with their consumption. for the lay person out there that means that no matter what the price people will always buy drugs. that's part of the reason they are illegal.

13. mr.yuck

mr.yuck Veteran Member

<span style='color:black'>I think dope is fuckin wack. It leads people to do some of the most fucked up shit that they would never do in "real" life. I had a friend that ODd on heroin and would have been okay if the people he was with would have taken him to the hospital or called an ambulance. Instead they were afraid of being arrested for having heroin on them or some shit so they let him die. They then took his body to a field and dumped it there. His body laid there for 6 mos and nobody said shit. His parents were a mess and everybody was worried as a bitch. The people he was with were finally caught, arrested and convicted. They served 6 mos for illegal dumping of a body.

I just recently found out that one of my boys here does ron on the regular. He told me that he got started with it after he got hooked on this perscription drug that was perscribed to him in the hospital. He heard that heroin did basically the same thing to people and when his prescription ran out, he turned to the bullshit.

After being iked up for a while i have decided in my own personal life that it is just time to sit back and crush mad beers when i want to alter my perception of the world.</span>

14. MANIK DEK

MANIK DEK Member

i have tried weed it wasnt my thing i dont believe in drugs i think they are for people who arent comfortable enough with themselves and they have to create an alter ego or world using drugs.i rarely drink and i cant stand people that all they thing about is getting high all the time.

Ayo its poison, ecstacy, coke
    You say its love, it is poison
    Schools where I learned they should be burned, it is poison
    Physicians prescripting us medicine which is poison
    Doctors injecting our infants with the poison
    Religion misoverstood is poison
    nas-

15. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

let me tell a little story about a drug addict I know:

So I meet up with an old buddy on a tuesday night at the pub for a pint or two. We're chatting and catching up and he asks me if I think we should get some drugs. I tell him that I'm not interested and I dont want to have a late night. The guy is almost begging me to call my guy and have him come by. I'm totally against it because I can say no. This guy cant say no to drugs, so he ends up asking random people when I'm in the bathroom and to make a long story short, he almost get his ass kicked, gets my ass threatened with a knife over shit I wasnt even going to touch and he got his laptop stolen durring the whole mess.

so my point?
    It's really not hard to see how some people are more than willing to let drugs fuck with their life and their relationships with others. I'm propably not going to hang with this old 'friend' ever again because drug users put themselves and their associates into situations that are dangerous and foolish. Drugs change people and those of us with a soild survival instinct can see the negative effects.

now before anyone calls me two faced,
    Moderation and controll are the keys to any experience.
    Dont be a retard and people wont have to treat you like one.