dropping vices...

Guest fr8lover

Guest fr8lover

i was waiting for a last hurrah to stop smoking (weed and cigarettes), and this weekend i got it...i basically smoked myself retarded(all my doing) and this morning i more or less woke up feeling like it was time to quit, like i got my kicks in and all pack it up and say goodbye to it.

so the first 24 hours have been good, havent smoked a cigarette (about 3 people offering one to me) and havent even really thought about weed (had to take people to buy some, at LEAST 5 people offered to smoke me out) and i feel good about my self control.

i was never a heavy smoker of either, but i was starting to get that guilty feeling the next morning that i got when i first started smoking. i guess it finally caught up with me. i looked back on high school and wondered if it affected school or sports, which at least it did to the latter. the second i get a sack in my possesion i go nuts and smoke the hell out of it, and i always feel groggy and dumber the next day than before...

the thing that makes me mad though, is people i know smoke every day and do nothing and get better grades than i do, and i feel sort of cheated in that "well i could at least be getting my kicks in at the same time" sort of way...i figure im paying a lot for school so i might as well do the best i can, though, and that doesnt involve smoking weed every day.

anyway, im writing this to keep my mind off the fact that i need a cigarette and to somehow justify why im quiting smoking bud...so far it sucks, but ill paint tonight and bench tomorrow, so ill feed at least one addiction...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Well you're not alone. I decided to quit smoking last weekend. I was supposed to stop on friday, but I was working water bar at a hip hop show and people just kept giving them to me. I haven't had a cigarette in 2 days. I don't want to smoke anymore. I've tried so often, and never lasted more than a day. Lately though, I've been getting that congested feeling in my throat, and I have this rotten cough, and when I go to bed at night I have this dry spot in my throat and trouble breathing. It's time to quit. I want to now. Also I saw this old man at the bus stop today who had the most awful hacking cough, and was chainsmoking, and coughing and smoking and coughing (you know that awful smokers cough). Anyway, I know it's bad to smoke, and quitting will only save me money and make me feel healthier. Stay with it Fr8lover, I'm going to try damn hard this time too.

Guest Handjob

Earlier this year I got hypnotized into quitting smoking. It actually really works. I quit for about 2 months, which is pretty crazy as I've been a pack-and-a-half-a-day-guy since I was 13. I actually only started again cause I really enjoy it. The way I figure, if smoking, drinking, and women are my only vices in life, I'm doing pretty well...

i used to smoke an 1/8 a day alone, plus whatever anyone else matched with or offered. it was good to get out of that habit. fucking expensive. now im slipping back into smoking everyday after i had took it down to maybe once a week at most. i think it's all the other drugs that are making it fun again. maybe i should stop both. no not the shrooms.

Originally posted by Handjob

Earlier this year I got hypnotized into quitting smoking. It actually really works. I quit for about 2 months, which is pretty crazy as I've been a pack-and-a-half-a-day-guy since I was 13. I actually only started again cause I really enjoy it. The way I figure, if smoking, drinking, and women are my only vices in life, I'm doing pretty well...

Well, Being hypnotized into quitting might be nice, but my parents don't know I smoke (at least not this much), and I want to do it on my own, no patches, gums or any of that stuff. I also really enjoy smoking, but the negative effects were becoming too much.

I quit smoking cigarettes for a couple of months, and I felt like I was completely done with those tools of satan (no comment necessary from THE KING OF HELL.) Anyway, so my little brother starts smoking, and my girlfriend. I'm like, what the fuck, and I'm all pissed off that these people that I care about are just deciding to start smoking....so, needless to say, I am happily addicted to nicotine once again...hey, at least I'm not chewin dip! This serves as an example, that you have to be like way stronger than superman, you even have to endure the closest people to you possibly fucking up your hard work. Good luck fr8lover, you really do need it, seriously.

Guest --zeSto--

I haven't smoked since September 01.

It's just an entirely different feeling!

You'll get better sleep too! Nic rucks with your sleep patterns.

As soon a snow sticks to the ground,

no more beer for me. The belly needs a break.

just remember... all of this work is strictly for yourself.

Imagine being able to blow out all the candles on your 50th

birthday cake.

good luck fr8lover. But i think that if you give up cigarettes...that you are more than intitled to smoke bud....based on the fact that it doenst have near the harsh nasty chemicals that bigarettes have in them. But some cant quit smoking cigarettes and bud...as they seem to go hand and hand to some people. I say....u gave up the nasty smoking habit...dont give up the good one.

Originally posted by don'temptme

...bigarettes...

Did you say that on purpose, is that like some kind of gang shit? I heard someone get pissed off once cause someone said "bigarette." I think it's like saying I'm on this side of the wall and you suck cause you are on that side. And then they throw up their dubs and say, "Thiiiisssss SiiiiiYYYYYDDDDEEE." Sorry if I'm wrong.

i haven't smoked since friday night. I'm proud of myself. Me and all my close friends that smoke all decided to help each other quit. So far its working out good. I also called tody and schedualed my GED test. Teusday morning at 9 o'clock. Wish me luck. Community College here I come.

After so many years of smoking , it changes the chemical balance of your brain permanently, I really do mean permanent to where if you were to quit....your brain would never fucntion the same due to lack of nicotine, the masterminds behind this are the tobacco comapanies, they put I believe it is ammonia so when you take a pull it somehow opens up the brain to absorb alot more nicotine.....to get this fantastic result!! I read this on http://www.thetruth.com, there is alot of fucked up shit they tell you on the site....Im not one to preach...been smoking for 8 years......I wanna quit!

Guest KING OF HELL
Originally posted by Dirty_habiT

I quit smoking cigarettes for a couple of months, and I felt like I was completely done with those tools of satan (no comment necessary from THE KING OF HELL.) Anyway, so my little brother starts smoking, and my girlfriend. I'm like, what the fuck, and I'm all pissed off that these people that I care about are just deciding to start smoking....so, needless to say, I am happily addicted to nicotine once again...hey, at least I'm not chewin dip! This serves as an example, that you have to be like way stronger than superman, you even have to endure the closest people to you possibly fucking up your hard work. Good luck fr8lover, you really do need it, seriously.

THE KING OF HELL demands that you know cigarettes are NOT OUR tool. They are the tool of rich, greedy old men who don't care about you.

Originally posted by KING OF HELL

THE KING OF HELL demands that you know cigarettes are NOT OUR tool. They are the tool of rich, greedy old men who don't care about you.

So what exactly are you? Are you satan himself or are you like a lower echelon, like a minion? And you know those greedy old men are tools of the devil themselves....so I would say this applies. And if you are going to smoke...smoke American Spirits. MMMMmmm, all that chemical free tobacco goodness.

anyone else notice that almost everyone who smoke has some sort of a strong personality disorder?

smoking is for the weak

no I'm am not saying that I don't have personality disorders

I smoked for 3 years or so....

good luck in your quitting

I try to stop smoking herb but it rarely works for more than a few days. I really need to get some daytime hobbies. The skateparks are just too damn crowded. It just happens where I'm bored, sitting around and drawing and I think of how much fun doing nothing is when I'm stoned. Odd enogh that I don't really like smoking before skating, painting, or just being in an unfamiliar or tense social situation. I gotta give it up, cuz I'm running out of money and I'm sure my lungs aren't happy. At least I'm not hooked on cigarettes. You cig smokers are fucked. Maybe I'll quit tomorrow.....

Originally posted by Organ Donor

i used to smoke an 1/8 a day alone, plus whatever anyone else matched with or offered. it was good to get out of that habit. fucking expensive. now im slipping back into smoking everyday after i had took it down to maybe once a week at most. i think it's all the other drugs that are making it fun again. maybe i should stop both. no not the shrooms.

back to 1/8 a day with buddies now. i have to stop this.

if you participate in activities that dont envolve your vice (ie: people u associate with) , you wont do it.... its that simple. See if i was at work for 24 hours i wouldnt drink.. if i had a Girl, i wouldnt drink.. i've always said i'll give up drinking for a girl..... so if any girls (sorry, actually Women) want to try and help a fellow human, contact me.

Guest KING OF HELL
Originally posted by Dirty_habiT

So what exactly are you? Are you satan himself or are you like a lower echelon, like a minion? And you know those greedy old men are tools of the devil themselves....so I would say this applies. And if you are going to smoke...smoke American Spirits. MMMMmmm, all that chemical free tobacco goodness.

WE get blamed for every stench ridden, low down, horrific thing you humans do. WE do not have time to make you do anything. Those greedy old men act on their own free will. WE will show you the pleasure of pain for eternity once you fuck up on your own.

WE are not the drivers of your will.

"the devil made me do it" no WE did not.

Archived