dropping out

unknown

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

youre a loser if you drop out. school is not that hard. i know enough people who have dropped out and theyre not doing anything too exciting right now. unless youre a rapper or something, theres not much youre going to do with your life without a diploma.

I dropped out and you DON'T want to do it. School isn't that hard..just stick it out and do your shit. I've got my ged and I go to a COMMUNITY COLLEGE...I don't ven go to a real college. Its also going to make it a bit harder to get a job when they see that you got your GED instead of a high school diploma..it shows you took the easy way out. You have no idea how much of an embarassment it is to admit to people that I didn't even finish high school....I feel like a loser on a daily basis...stay in school.

I left school on a technicallity ... I was able to go on to college, but I technically have not graduated high school (don't ask, it's a long story). That was quite possibly the biggest mistake I have ever made. I has not made that big of a difference in my life, but I'm always wondering, "Will I be able to get this job or that job without a high school diploma?" "Will I be able to get back into college when the time comes without a diploma?" You get the point. Do yourself a favor and stay there ... even if it's the worst place on earth.

If you are getting beat up everyday or something like that, consider home school, or a GED, but DO NOT drop out! The only reason that I have a good job now is because I'm damn good at what I do, and I had to work my way through a bunch of shit jobs to get here.

ok thanks a lot. i'm just seriously pissed off and overworked at school right now, but it will probably get better in a couple of weeks. here's another question, how many of you are in art school, and how difficult do you think it was to get in? i'm thinking about art school a bunch...

If there was ever anything on this board that I feel I might say that would ever make an important difference in someone's life this would be my chance to do it! DO NOT DROP OUT! I repeat DO NOT DROP OUT!!

Fools do that and they always regret it.........

My mother and father are both dropouts and I wish I could have grown up a little more on the rich side of things.......

Think about how you would want your kids to grow up if you were to ever have some.....then you would want them to enjoy a good life and you have to think futuristically!

Do not do it!!

Fuck no! Do not do it!

Guest Handjob

I took fine arts in university in 1997. The school that I went to, while claiming to be open to ideas and "deep", were a bunch of close minded, Jackson Pollack splattering morons. I dropped it, and started working at a tattoo shop.

Art school is a great place to learn history, theory, and basic technical aspects (line quality, colour theory, perspective). I wish I was enrolled in a better program, oh well. Regardless, I had to complete high school to be there.

oh well. Graffiti and tattoos... sounds fun. Cheapest way to travel...

if you cant finish high school all i can say is....wow....and how are you thinking about art school if you cant even handle high school which is a complete joke?

ive dropped out before- but it was my junior year in college..- i just got back in ...now to see everyone i started with is gone for the most part while ill be graduating with people who started 2 years behind me....fuck.

• 4 weeks later...

take high school while it's free...i thought about dropping out, but take a look at our world today, a low percent acctually make it without there high school. theres lots open too you, ya just have to find it. dropping out is the best choice for some people, but man, education is expensive...like art school...i was looking into it a while back, and it would cost me 4000k a year.... now this is broad right but high school is a valuable experience.....plus the ladies are easy

try to make enough money to go to school (art) and acctualy live like a human...it's hard enough...

then try to do that without your diploma...sure things are diff in the states, but they are hard all over

NO DROPPING OUT OF SCHOOL!

I WON'T ALLOW IT!

I dropped out of school and it's the biggest mistake I ever made!

Whoever said stopping is easier than starting u r wise

and same to whoever said take it while it's free.

If you write and you're artistic (which clearly if you write you are) definitely check on that art school joint. I know some fools who go and they love the shit.........but they hated school when they were young.

Originally posted by nails

Take advantage of an education dont let it take advantage of you,

You will always look back and say only if I or what if I had stayed in school............

i hear that alot, and you can learn from other' mistakes/desicions

your lucky. . .you have that choice.

i droped out and so far its going good.... but i know its gonna catch up with me when i wanna get my own house and shit..... i was a senior and i only had a few credits and even if i passed all my classes it woulda took another 2 or 3 years FUCK that i wanna move and get the fuck outa here...so i got a ged...what really gets to me is the fact that i went to school my whole life and for what nothing.....kinda pathetic....

a lot good points have been made. and if you think about it, i'm guessing your atleast a junior or a senior. you've done this for going on 11 years of your life. don't go that far and then quit when you have a relatively little amount of time left. my mom is a personnel director and she says they will take someone with a diploma almost always over someone with just a GED. i guess when you have your GED it shows something about your character like you are motivated. although you may be different now it still looks that way.

dont drop out. i BARELY graduated. when i say barely i mean..our last day was a wednesday..and they were supposed to call that friday if you failed..well i didnt get a call so i called them to find out..and she told me i passed. i didnt even go to any of the graduation ceremony shit because i was convinced i was going to fail so i didnt go to the practices or anything. plus i fucking hated school and didnt want to participate in any feel-good bullshit. i didnt even have my diploma until i went to the army and they needed to see it, so they mailed it to me..like 4 months after i graduated.

im just saying, i know how much it sucks to be getting a bunch of F's and shit. especially if you are actually doing some of the work and you still fail. your parents are shitting on you..teachers are shitting on you..and you wanna just say 'fuck it, its not worth it'. im just saying bro, stick with it. im proud of the fact i graduated and got a diploma. you will be too. you need to have a diploma to get into the army..and in the army i met some of the DUMBEST motherfuckers in the world. so i know you can do it. If I can offer you any other advice..dont join the military.

Im proud of the fact I 'dropped out' of the Army.

dont drop out dude. im in college right now and it is honestly the best experience of my life so far. you learn so many things that its unbelievable, and its not just in the classroom. when i started out in HS, freshman year there were 650 kids in my class. when i graduated a year ago, there were 550. right now those kids arent doing shit. they are sitting around, working at burger king, and living in the same city they grew up in. whats sad is that theyll probably live in the same city and do the same thing everyday and hate themselves while their peers have moved on. dont drop out dude. think long term, be smart and not lazy about the situation. peace.

kids are only bored at school if the the level is too high, or the level is too low. try getting yourself into lower or higher level classes. i understand that you are young and haven't gotten your ambition yet but dont think that art college is an easy way to get a degree. i have worked 10 times harder for my ba then anyone i know. listen all you need to do is get d's in school to get a diploma. is it that hard to to score a 60 on a test? homework isn't important since it usually makes up on 15% of your grade. just study for tests and you'll be fine. a diploma is going to be the deciding factor between you and someone else when trying to get a job.

if your gonna drop out. keep studyin on ur own. just study things that are more interesting to u. but id keep doin math, history, literature..... these are tools that help a lot but u dont necessarily have to get them in school. but schools have systems that make it easier sometimes so id just tough it out if i were u. unless ur anti social ud probably get bored as fuck while all ur friends are in school (unless of course ur friends arent in school). i never dropped out but there were a couple years where i may as well have and i regreted it. at least make sure u have some talents that will get u by in life.

peace

Guest wakassOATH

yea man droppin out is the worst things things you can do, i know pepole who droped out, and there like 25 smoking the same joins, watching the same movies in there parents basements

oh yea

un educated people=poverty + welfare= shit life eating kraft diner and ramen soup in a 1 1/2 shit hole of a apartment above a dry cleaning place

Archived