1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

dropping out

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by unknown, Dec 5, 2001.

1. unknown

unknown 12oz Member

dropping out

Discussion started by unknown - Dec 5, 2001

i'm considering dropping out of school and was wondering if any of you have done it or if anyone has some input on this subject. if you dropped out, what are you doing now?

unknown - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  2. TOY

TOY New Jack

TOY - Replied Dec 5, 2001

youre a loser if you drop out. school is not that hard. i know enough people who have dropped out and theyre not doing anything too exciting right now. unless youre a rapper or something, theres not much youre going to do with your life without a diploma.

TOY - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  3. usedtolove

usedtolove New Jack

usedtolove - Replied Dec 5, 2001

haha i dropped out and im a rapper.fuck yeah hahahah

usedtolove - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  4. Zack Morris

Zack Morris 12oz Veteran Member

Zack Morris - Replied Dec 5, 2001

I dropped out and you DON'T want to do it. School isn't that hard..just stick it out and do your shit. I've got my ged and I go to a COMMUNITY COLLEGE...I don't ven go to a real college. Its also going to make it a bit harder to get a job when they see that you got your GED instead of a high school diploma..it shows you took the easy way out. You have no idea how much of an embarassment it is to admit to people that I didn't even finish high school....I feel like a loser on a daily basis...stay in school.

Zack Morris - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  5. Dusty Lipschitz - Replied Dec 5, 2001

stopping is alot easier then starting
    stick with it

6. chizm

chizm 12oz Senior Member

chizm - Replied Dec 5, 2001

dropping out of school now isn't such a great idea, but if you have intentions of finishing highschool at one point or another, then thats cool. just finish highschool in your own time.

chizm - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  7. alkaline

alkaline 12oz Elite Member

alkaline - Replied Dec 5, 2001

I left school on a technicallity ... I was able to go on to college, but I technically have not graduated high school (don't ask, it's a long story). That was quite possibly the biggest mistake I have ever made. I has not made that big of a difference in my life, but I'm always wondering, "Will I be able to get this job or that job without a high school diploma?" "Will I be able to get back into college when the time comes without a diploma?" You get the point. Do yourself a favor and stay there ... even if it's the worst place on earth.

If you are getting beat up everyday or something like that, consider home school, or a GED, but DO NOT drop out! The only reason that I have a good job now is because I'm damn good at what I do, and I had to work my way through a bunch of shit jobs to get here.

alkaline - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  8. unknown

unknown 12oz Member

unknown - Replied Dec 5, 2001

ok thanks a lot. i'm just seriously pissed off and overworked at school right now, but it will probably get better in a couple of weeks. here's another question, how many of you are in art school, and how difficult do you think it was to get in? i'm thinking about art school a bunch...

unknown - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  9. Boring Bastard

Boring Bastard 12oz Elite Member

Boring Bastard - Replied Dec 5, 2001

If there was ever anything on this board that I feel I might say that would ever make an important difference in someone's life this would be my chance to do it! DO NOT DROP OUT! I repeat DO NOT DROP OUT!!
    Fools do that and they always regret it.........
    My mother and father are both dropouts and I wish I could have grown up a little more on the rich side of things.......
    Think about how you would want your kids to grow up if you were to ever have some.....then you would want them to enjoy a good life and you have to think futuristically!
    Do not do it!!
    Fuck no! Do not do it!

Boring Bastard - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  10. Handjob

Handjob Guest

Handjob - Replied Dec 5, 2001

I took fine arts in university in 1997. The school that I went to, while claiming to be open to ideas and "deep", were a bunch of close minded, Jackson Pollack splattering morons. I dropped it, and started working at a tattoo shop.

Art school is a great place to learn history, theory, and basic technical aspects (line quality, colour theory, perspective). I wish I was enrolled in a better program, oh well. Regardless, I had to complete high school to be there.

oh well. Graffiti and tattoos... sounds fun. Cheapest way to travel...

11. Boring Bastard

Boring Bastard 12oz Elite Member

Boring Bastard - Replied Dec 5, 2001

Sounds like a "GIANT" innovation in traveling!!!

Call me when you get a chance would ya???

Boring Bastard - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  12. Jesus of Nazareth

Jesus of Nazareth 12oz Senior Member

Jesus of Nazareth - Replied Dec 5, 2001

Dropping out of school was honestly one of the smartest things I have ever done. It never challenged me in ways I could use or relate with, and was more stressful than I felt the need to deal with.

Jesus of Nazareth - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  13. SenorSeven

SenorSeven 12oz Elite Member

SenorSeven - Replied Dec 5, 2001

if you cant finish high school all i can say is....wow....and how are you thinking about art school if you cant even handle high school which is a complete joke?

ive dropped out before- but it was my junior year in college..- i just got back in ...now to see everyone i started with is gone for the most part while ill be graduating with people who started 2 years behind me....fuck.

SenorSeven - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  14. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

boogie hands - Replied Dec 5, 2001

your going to be real overworked when your working a 10 hour shift at a gas station for 7 days straight because you dropped out of high school and no one else would hire you....

boogie hands - Rank: 12oz Legend - Messages:
  15. TEE_rase_war

TEE_rase_war 12oz Senior Member

TEE_rase_war - Replied Jan 3, 2002

take high school while it's free...i thought about dropping out, but take a look at our world today, a low percent acctually make it without there high school. theres lots open too you, ya just have to find it. dropping out is the best choice for some people, but man, education is expensive...like art school...i was looking into it a while back, and it would cost me 4000k a year.... now this is broad right but high school is a valuable experience.....plus the ladies are easy

try to make enough money to go to school (art) and acctualy live like a human...it's hard enough...
    then try to do that without your diploma...sure things are diff in the states, but they are hard all over

TEE_rase_war - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages: