Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Driving with no insurance?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by -MOE LESTER-, Oct 24, 2003.

1. -MOE LESTER-

-MOE LESTER- Guest

so check my situation....theres no fucking way i can afford insurance, registration fees, all that expensive crap

my mom said that she will buy me a car and insurance IF i get into a college in april

but im not waitin till april...im fucking 18, i need a ride

so im thinking about buying a nice little bucket for around 500-800 dollars and driving it around with no insurance, none of that crap

whats the legal unishment for doing this shit? i have my liscense, if i get pulled over could i say its my dads car?

throw up your suggestions

2. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

an unregistered uninsured (and probably unroadworthy) car on the road will get you in a fair bit of trouble as far as i know. you could probably wave goodbye to your license if you get caught

3. Ski Mask

Ski Mask 12oz Loyalist

wait... your gonna get a car for free. and insurance for free, in just a few months. yet you want to waste $800 on a beater and all the associated costs right now? are you that impatient?

4. space base

space base Senior Member

When I get a car, I'm gonna drive around naked.

5. -MOE LESTER-

-MOE LESTER- Guest

yes im extremely impatient

im fucking 18, i need a fucking ride

im prolly gonna buy a car and park it somewhere cutty, so i can use it when i need it

i always wanted to own a bucket ass old 80s car....reminds me of 80 gangster flicks and shit

i was thinking about these cars

88 nissan sentra
    88 mitsubishi galant
    88 chevy celebrity/cavalier
    88 oldsmobile cutless (whats the mpg on these?)
    80-88 honda accord/civic

6. Gunm

Gunm Banned

Usually if you're pulled over with no insurance and the cop isn't a total asshole, you'll be given a sort of "fix-it" ticket where you'll be given a fat fine but that shit'll be waived if you can bring documentation to court showing your car is insured.

If you have brass balls, you can carry around phony documents with you. A lot of the time the cops'll just wanna see that you have some sort of paperwork showing your wheels are insured. They're more interested in seeing your registration so they can check for warrants. Be careful, sometimes they might actually run your phony "account #", come up with zilcho and then you're fucked homie.

But if the cop is a prick, he/she might fuck you bad....to what extent, i am very unsure.

I haven't had insurance for a while now. My friend actually forged insurance documents on photoshop and gave'em to the DMV so he wouldn't have to drop like...$250 dollars to get new insurance this year since your car needs to be insured to get renewed registration.

7. serum

serum Elite Member

state of Illinois, first time get out of jail free, second time $500 fine plus anything else they want to include.

8. suburbian bum

suburbian bum 12oz Loyalist

Just never drive over the speed limit, obey laws. Never do stupid shit. When in doubt dont go for it. Then you probably wont be pulled over or have an accident. But you can get fucked for not having insurance.
    Specially if you get into a wreck. Which i am assuming you will just because of the type of person you are.

9. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

just wait. you dont wanna fuck with legal fee if you crash that shit. remember insurance covers medical claims. your ass would be payin for my massages and physio for years if you hit me. (please believe)

10. AlQuds

AlQuds New Jack

one sign of a man that performs above average during sex is the ability to delay gratification

11. mr.yuck

mr.yuck Veteran Member

Hahah I had platinum insurance from the time i was 18 until I was 22. I have no idea how it is in your state but where i lived al you had to do was get your insurace with the plates. Then you can cancel your insurance and keep the insurance card and all that. It'll still look like you have insurance. If you get pulled over. Act like you don't know what the hell is going on. If you get in a wreck where the people haven't killed you or no one else is seriously hurt, tell them you don't have insurance but you will get it that same day you get into a wreck. Tell them not to report the accident for another day. Tell them they wont get anymoney if they take you to court with out any insurace. If they are smart they will understand and follow trough or just drive off.

I rode around on the same canceled insurance policy for about 5 years. Me and my buddy used the same one for 6 different cars. It's not that hard.

Biotch.

12. AlQuds

AlQuds New Jack

damn mr. yuck, your e-hard as fuck

13. mr.yuck

mr.yuck Veteran Member

No!! I'm real life money saving as fuck. Good night 12 oz.

14. vinyl junkie

vinyl junkie Elite Member

we live in the same city and i drove for 9 months without a liscence not too long ago... even longer (almost 2 years?) without insurance...
    i wouldn't reccomend it, as cops can fuck you over if they feel like it, but if you gotta do it:

don't drive a car that's gonna call attention to yourself (not too much of a hoopty, no broken windows, no stickers, no nothin) and don;t do anything stupid... driving without a liscence/insurance will make you one hell of a good driver... don't cut people off, don;t run yellows, etc... don;t give a cop any reason to run your plates...
    and if your plates don't have current registration go to a pickand pull or whatever with a pair of tin snips and find a liscence plate that has tags that'll bring you up to date...

getting pulled over with no registration is a fix it ticket (unless it's over 6 months over due, which gets your car impounded) no insurance is a fix it ticket (fix it ticket means you take care of it within a couple months and you only pay $15 or so... don;t take care of it and it's $60 and up)
    no liscence gets you arrested and your car gets impounded...

granted that all depends on the cop that pulls you over...

key words: don;t be stupid...

15. BIGBLUE

BIGBLUE Senior Member

took the words right out of my keyboard!